Fallout 3 (PS3/360) $14.39 AC + $10 Game Credit at GameStop

yuugotserved

CAGiversary!
[quote name='mitnosi']Man, no one wanna put up a deal on the GOTY edition? And its still sitting at 60 :([/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one... been waiting for a GOTY deal for a long long time. But hell with this deal they're practically giving it away... Games so long anyways... think I'll bite (once my Bioshock credit shows up! ha!)

if you buy all of the DLC, this is still a great deal compared with 60 for GOTY edition

In for 1...can the 10 dollar credit be used to buy a PSN card?

The regular version can easily land you 100+ hours of brilliant game play. The first couple expansions were so so. Never got around to joining a conga on here for the others.

They are begging you to buy this game, take their advice and enjoy! :D

[quote name='nddave']GOTY is 50 retail everywhere[/QUOTE]
Nope. Gamestop has it for 59.99, Amazon has it for 56.99.

Good lord, I just realized your only paying about 5 bucks for this? Oh man if Amazon PMs this I'll have no choice but to get.

Pitt and Zeta are pretty poor anyway. The rest are good though, just not nearly as good as the main game.

Never figured out why Anchorage got so much hate. It was short, but it was a lot of fun.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']The GOTY version is nice, but the regular version still has ALOT of crap to do.[/QUOTE]
Yeah for 5 bucks this game is a no brainer for people who shop at Gamestop often.

Anyone know a way to get free shipping on 1 game, or a way to use more than 1 of the $10 off a future gaming purchases on the same checkout? You get free ship if you grab 2.

Thanks

10AUTO not working for anyone else? Every time i try to add it it goes to the "Our server was unable to process your request. Please try again." screen. Just me or is it invalid?

[quote name='MillerTime2523']10AUTO not working for anyone else? Every time i try to add it it goes to the "Our server was unable to process your request. Please try again." screen. Just me or is it invalid?[/QUOTE]

10AUTO should be auto applied already. Happens to me every time I add a game.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Never figured out why Anchorage got so much hate. It was short, but it was a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

Probably because it felt really out of place in the game. There was no real exploration, no real moral choices, and very few conversations to be had.

[quote name='yuugotserved']10AUTO should be auto applied already. Happens to me every time I add a game.[/QUOTE]
Not being added for me automatically, and I am getting the same error when I try to add both the 10AUTO and SAVER coupons. Something is borked for some people, and I'm one of them :\

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Bet they won't work with this promotion. Ah well. Still a good price I guess.[/QUOTE]
Meh, the shipping kills it for me. Without the codes working, pass. If Amazon matches, however, I'll be all over this with credit I already have.

Great, I bought Fallout 3 during the GameDays sale for around $15, and now this sale pops up. I don't think I held onto that receipt, either. I could just order this for the $10 off and return it, I guess..

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Is the PS3 GOTY as buggy as I've heard, because I can just buy this version and get the expansions later if I want.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the GOTY edition, but i played the regular version on ps3 with over 50+ hours with no problems.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']if you buy all of the DLC, this is still a great deal compared with 60 for GOTY edition

In for 1...can the 10 dollar credit be used to buy a PSN card?[/QUOTE]

I found most of the DLC to be OK, but really not all that amazing....You could easily skip most of it except Broken Steel which revamps the entire ending of Fallout 3 (in the fact that the game no longer ends with full stop like it did in the original release) and ups the level cap to 30 and pumps out stronger foes as well. If you haven't played fallout 3, getting this at $15 and then buying broken steel for $10 download is an excellent value compared to buying the GOTY version at $50 or so.

Now that I think about it more, point lookout was pretty fun for its sheer oddness and the bit of it when your character is constantly hallucinating on screen.

I've been back and forth about picking this up. I know how great it is but I'm not much of of RPG gamer. I mostly like adventure, action games.

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

Thanks,
Bryan

[quote name='babramson101']I've been back and forth about picking this up. I know how great it is but I'm not much of of RPG gamer. I mostly like adventure, action games.

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

Thanks,
Bryan[/QUOTE]

Its not really an RPG in the sense of the word. I dont really care for "RPG's" but Fallout 3 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy different. Its like Borderlands if you ever played that one.

Anyways, for that price, BUY IT NOW!

If Amazon matches I will probably get it (even though I was so-so with Oblivion), but there isn't enough at EB that I would want to get free shipping or even to use the $10 coupon on.

Huh is it back up to $20?

nvm, for some reason if you click on the box art for the 360 version, it brings up $19.99 with no $10 code

I'd use one of my $10 codes on it if I could get free shipping, but like others, I get an error whenever I try to add any other kind of code.

Anyone who even tries to say that Gamestop is lame in this thread is a complete idiot. This is as good as it gets for such a great game.

[quote name='limelight022']Its not really an RPG in the sense of the word. I dont really care for "RPG's" but Fallout 3 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy different. Its like Borderlands if you ever played that one.

Anyways, for that price, BUY IT NOW![/QUOTE]

Tried Boarderlands, and wasn't very impressed...

Any other thoughts?

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']anyone know if the 10 off "future purchase" has to be online as well?
ie. do i have to buy online with the ten free dollars?[/QUOTE]

The $10 is an online coupon code, so yes you would have to purchase online rather than in-store.

Great offer for a great game, even if its not GOTY version. I got mine via the $10 off Kmart code or else I'd snag it.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Is the PS3 GOTY as buggy as I've heard, because I can just buy this version and get the expansions later if I want.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it constantly locks up in the DLC portions of the game and crashes. The Pitt is the worst one out of all of them for me, it was very laggy and my weapons kept disappearing.

Picking this up for sure. Thanks for posting this and I may actually use the FF13 $10 code I got in order to pick this up. :D

bread's done
Back