Fallout 3 (PS3/360) $14.39 AC + $10 Game Credit at GameStop

yuugotserved

CAGiversary!
hi im new here and i have a dumb question :)

if i buy 2 of these (to get free shipping) i will get 2x 10$ game credit right?

[quote name='livevil']hi im new here and i have a dumb question :)

if i buy 2 of these (to get free shipping) i will get 2x 10$ game credit right?[/QUOTE]

That is not a dumb question. The answer is yes, you will get two codes. But you will not be able to combine them.

[quote name='mitnosi']Man, no one wanna put up a deal on the GOTY edition? And its still sitting at 60 :([/QUOTE]

"Borrow" the GOTY 2nd disc from anyone you can.
It installs ALL expansions directly to the hard drive.
That's about as CAG as you can get, and have the whole GOTY for $5 if you have the $10 coupon...

[quote name='raiser']"Borrow" the GOTY 2nd disc from anyone you can.
That's about as CAG as you can get, and have the whole GOTY for $5 if you have the $10 coupon...[/QUOTE]

I assume he was looking for a legal way to get the game.

[quote name='babramson101']Tried Boarderlands, and wasn't very impressed...

Any other thoughts?[/QUOTE]
Oblivion with guns in a post apocalyptic wasteland.

[quote name='illennium']I assume he was looking for a legal way to get the game.[/QUOTE]
I was assuming he wants GOTY for his "collection" and would never do this anyway.
I agree that it is overpriced this late in the cycle when the core game is selling for a few bucks
and the (mostly average) expansions have been on "sale" as DLC several times on both systems.

[quote name='illennium']I assume he was looking for a legal way to get the game.[/QUOTE]

I'll assume he just doesn't know anyone with the GOTY edition. Good to know this works the same way as Oblivion and Mass Effect re: DLC expansions.

That's about as CAG as you can get, and have the whole GOTY for $5 if you have the $10 coupon...[/QUOTE]

Only on the 360 though, right? I was under the impression the PS3 version just had 'em all on the disc, without being installed?

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']I think I'm also going to see if Amazon PMs. No rush to hop on this deal as GS has 100+ copies in stock.[/QUOTE]

$16.54 on PS3 as of this writing, still $19.99 on xbox and $30 on PC (WTF?)

[quote name='Kerig']I'll assume he just doesn't know anyone with the GOTY edition. Good to know this works the same way as Oblivion and Mass Effect re: DLC expansions.[/QUOTE]

And Borderlands, and... and... and...

Resident Evil 5 Gold has single use redemption codes for DLC on 360 = DON'T BUY IT USED.
I got my RE5 Gold used for PS3 which has all the content on the disc as poster SDC below noted about Fallout3 GOTY as well.
Apparently Fallout 3 is buggy as hell on the PS3 though... go figure.

[quote name='Kerig']I'll assume he just doesn't know anyone with the GOTY edition. Good to know this works the same way as Oblivion and Mass Effect re: DLC expansions.[/QUOTE]

An Borderlands, and... and... and...

can we email amazon and ask them to price match? i had a bad experience with the pathetic gamestop coupons , they took a week to get them to me because i had to beg for them. because they showed no record of that game having a coupon with it (little big planet) :( it was very annoying and then once i finally got the coupon i found out it wouldnt stack.

[quote name='bredbu']can we email amazon and ask them to price match? i had a bad experience with the pathetic gamestop coupons , they took a week to get them to me because i had to beg for them. because they showed no record of that game having a coupon with it (little big planet) :( it was very annoying and then once i finally got the coupon i found out it wouldnt stack.[/QUOTE]
You can email Amazon but I'm sure you will get back the standard we don't match prices response.

I told myself that I would not buy this game for the 5th time. But this is a pretty good deal. I already put over 100 hours into it, but part of me wants to replay it so I can get amped up for New Vegas.

Never played the game, though I know it's well regarded. The setting seems cool, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy the game play - is the shooting fun?

Might just walk into Gamestop tomorrow and pick up a new PS3 copy.

[quote name='Guy Legend']Never played the game, though I know it's well regarded. The setting seems cool, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy the game play - is the shooting fun?

Might just walk into Gamestop tomorrow and pick up a new PS3 copy.[/QUOTE]
You seen any videos on the VATS system the game uses? Basically a targetting system that lets you aim at certain areas on the enemies. You dont have to use the system but if your not, then your not gonna hit worth a damn. Also just incase you didnt know, this deal is online only.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']bah ~$10 after shipping / tax
hmmm[/QUOTE]

This was my initial thought, but hell: You get the game and a $10-off coupon to recoup the loss of the first. Seems pretty win/win.

[quote name='mitnosi']You seen any videos on the VATS system the game uses? Basically a targetting system that lets you aim at certain areas on the enemies. You dont have to use the system but if your not, then your not gonna hit worth a damn. Also just incase you didnt know, this deal is online only.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The $10 credit is online only, but the game should be $15 in store, right? I haven't seen any discrepancies between store/online pricing before.

I purchased the GOTY version used a few days ago. Does anyone know if GS will let me return it inside the 7 day period? I paid 50 for it but 15 sounds so much better.

[quote name='AdamTrusty']I purchased the GOTY version used a few days ago. Does anyone know if GS will let me return it inside the 7 day period? I paid 50 for it but 15 sounds so much better.[/QUOTE]

If you only paid $50, that's not too bad. GOTY comes with $50 worth of extra content. So $50 for the whole package vs. $15 + $50 for the whole package.

[quote name='AdamTrusty']True. Its just my inner cheap ass considering working the system. Its rare that you can get that much value out of a $50 game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the game is Fallout 3. I've heard estimates of 40 (if you rush) to 100+ hours (if you really get into it). And that's for the vanilla game without expansions.

Only have $19 on a prepaid visa I can't load. That 10AUTO would really come in handy as it comes to a lil over $20 as is with the $3 shipping and tax. Really hope the coupons come back. site is all messed up.

I just ordered this on 4/29 for $19.99 from GS using their 25OFF coupon code. I still went ahead and e-mailed GS to see if they'd send me a $10 Off Coupon Code. I hinted in the e-mail that I'd just send the game back to them once I receive it (should be today) if not, and I'd reorder the game in order to get it (I could apply a $10 Coupon Code I already have too LOL).

I'll let everyone know what they do.

That's about as CAG as you can get, and have the whole GOTY for $5 if you have the $10 coupon...[/QUOTE] cough GAMEFLY TRIAL cough

Great deal but since I have the original for the PC I will wait for a GOTY deal.

[quote name='williamspam91']cough GAMEFLY TRIAL cough[/QUOTE]

I like where your heads at

10AUTO is giving me the same error, but that coupon has always acted strange and usually just seems to show up without my entering it. In this case it doesn't, though. I hope they get this fixed as I'm definitely in for $14.39+tax, plus a $10 coupon.

This is my first time getting a credit someplace...I got the order confirmation - where do I get and how do I use the $10 credit?

Finally got 10auto to not crash my cart, but it says
"Coupon 10AUTO - 20% off all in-stock DS & PSP titles. Valid for first 2,000 customers only. Expires 11:59 am on 3/25/10."
and has no effect on the price

[quote name='illennium']$9.52 shipped using a $10 code, and I get another $10 code to use on whatever is the next insane GameStop deal. I'll take it.[/QUOTE]

This is the correct pathway to proceed on.

I have a 10 dollar coupon I can use for this. Is there anyway to get free shipping though? As shipping kills it for me :

Can anyone provide a quick comparison of the two versions, as I have both systems?

Sounds like PS3 has a DLC issue and/or w/GOTY, but this is just the vanilla edition...
Any +s/-s to the xbox360 version vs the ps3 version, otherwise?

edit - caught some video, looks like 360 wins, less on the jaggies, is that the consensus?
My only concern is my console has died twice, and less HD space ah well

So if I have it right, if I manage to rent (or borrow) a goty fallout 3, that'll turn mine into one?
Provided I have the room on my xbox360 (and/or am able to use a 16GB USB to handle it)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok wanted a new post here - so I can get free ship by adding MS points.
My question there is though, it's estimating taxing me on the MS points?

I thought we got past all that, that MS Points shouldn't be taxed anywhere?
Gamestop charges tax on their points? Or is that just NY being special again?

edit - Amazon doesn't charge tax on it, hmm decisions decisions, sigh

[quote name='killer9']buy 2 copies return one to gamestop or buy 25 dollars worth of stuff to get free shipping[/QUOTE]

That works. Another idea is to add a pre-order to your order. Then after your copy of Fallout 3 ships, cancel the pre-order.

[quote name='crunchewy']That works. Another idea is to add a pre-order to your order. Then after your copy of Fallout 3 ships, cancel the pre-order.[/QUOTE]

May want to avoid doing this as it'll split the coupon between the two items and you'll get only a very small amount off of Fallout 3.

[quote name='handsomepete']May want to avoid doing this as it'll split the coupon between the two items and you'll get only a very small amount off of Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean some $10 off or similar coupon? I don't have one. The 10% off coupon, if it actually worked, obviously would take 10% off each item.

bread's done
Back