Fallout Collection ALL 3 games $20 WOW

I have never played any of these games, I'm not into pen-and-paper RPGs, and I know nothing of fallout tactics.
Bottom-line: For the (apparently freaking awesome) Fallout 1 and 2 is this a good deal? Could I/should I search elsewhere?

[quote name='SDC']I have never played any of these games, I'm not into pen-and-paper RPGs, and I know nothing of fallout tactics.
Bottom-line: For the (apparently freaking awesome) Fallout 1 and 2 is this a good deal? Could I/should I search elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

Well, a couple years ago, you could find Fallout 1 and 2 bundled together at Fred Meyer (and possibly some other stores of the like) for $10. I've never heard near as much praise for Fallout Tactics, but I know that many people would happily pay $20 just for Fallout 1 and 2. You might search around and see if you can find them any cheaper, but if not, this might be a good way to get everything.

I liked Fallout Tactics. I enjoyed the combat more in that since you had the option to have continous turn based (basically real-time).

All 3 are great games imo.

I got one of those $10 Fallout 1&2 packs, and that was probably the best video game purchase I've ever made. Those are such good games.

If you're wondering about the difference of Tactics, it's much less RPG, and much more strategy. Combat is real time, instead of turn-based, and instead of developing a character, and adventuring around towns, you just go on missions.

I'm still thinking of getting this though, even though I already have 1&2, if just for the bonus level, and Pen&Paper version :whistle2:D

I should note that I've read on the NMA-Fallout site that the European version of Fallout 1/2 is censored, in that there are no children (the reason being to keep you from having a game where you can murder children). There's a patch for it, though.

I remember a while ago Gogamer had the first two Fallouts together for $2.90, so $20 for all 3 isn't that great espicially since Fallout tactics is inferior.

[quote name='mbstuff']Fallout 1 & 2 might be superior, but try buying fallout tactics by itself and see how much it costs you.[/QUOTE]

Less than $20?

Fallout Tactics took a major nosedive in price now that this collection is out. Which really sucks, as Fallout Tactics used to be worth at least $50, now it's worthless.

Now I'm not disputing the awesomeness of these games but isn't this really a bad deal at this point? These games are old and their age shows technically, 1&2 had been available forever in a jewel case bundle for like $10, and isn't just about everyone who would buy these already purchased them at some point? It's not like kids these days are going to be clamoring for this. Most 13 year old gamers probably barely know what Fallout is unless they ran out of other things to pirate.

I don't think fallout 1 will work with windows xp. Back when Black Isle still existed and still had forums, there was a guy who was talking about getting it to run on XP...

anyway, unless they updated fallout 1 somehow for this package, which is not likely, you'll have to do some research to get it to work on current operating systems. Or play it on an old computer.

Wow, thanks! I also had 1&2, but I can't seem to find both. This is an awesome deal in itself just for all the bonus stuff.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']I got one of those $10 Fallout 1&2 packs, and that was probably the best video game purchase I've ever made. Those are such good games.

If you're wondering about the difference of Tactics, it's much less RPG, and much more strategy. Combat is real time, instead of turn-based, and instead of developing a character, and adventuring around towns, you just go on missions.

I'm still thinking of getting this though, even though I already have 1&2, if just for the bonus level, and Pen&Paper version :whistle2:D

I should note that I've read on the NMA-Fallout site that the European version of Fallout 1/2 is censored, in that there are no children (the reason being to keep you from having a game where you can murder children). There's a patch for it, though.[/QUOTE]

I used to love NMA, is it still around? And yeah, I also read about the no children in video games thing, kind of lame. Hopefully the patch is still available online somewhere, seeing as the games are pretty old now.

By the way, Bethesda had apparently bought the rights to the franchise and rumor is that they're producing a new game. It won't be as great the others, but I hope this is true anyway.

[quote name='assegai']I don't think fallout 1 will work with windows xp. Back when Black Isle still existed and still had forums, there was a guy who was talking about getting it to run on XP...

anyway, unless they updated fallout 1 somehow for this package, which is not likely, you'll have to do some research to get it to work on current operating systems. Or play it on an old computer.[/QUOTE]

I've run it on Win XP.

I played the hell out of both games (Fallout 1 & 2), but I never picked up Fallout Tactics.

The last time I played Fallout 1. I walked directly from the vault to the lab. Yes, I reached the Mutant Lab at Level 2.

After blowing up the lab, I snuck into the Master's lair and set off the Abomb after luckily catching its guards with some plasma grenades.

I think my final level was 5 or 6. I know it was below 10. I beat the game without getting the water chip or visiting 90% of the locations.

That was the beauty of Fallout. It had near infinite replayability and nothing forced upon you.

Fallout 2 kept most of the magic, but nothing compares that first critical kill when shooting somebody at a range of 1 with a SMG burst.

[quote name='talon20299']I've run it in Win XP as well. Don't recall any issues other than the ones that would affect any Windows OS.[/quote]

ok, my bad. nevermind what i said then.

I got Fallout 2 way back when it first came out on CD-ROM; long time ago.

I ain't tried it on Win XP, but does it run on XP?

[quote name='MysterD']I got Fallout 2 way back when it first came out on CD-ROM; long time ago.

I ain't tried it on Win XP, but does it run on XP?[/QUOTE]

It does.

bread's done
Back