Fallout for PC (on COG) for free until April 6!

CrossFireXT17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Free game is Fallout 1
Link: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout/
Offer is good till ~1:55 PM EDT April 7

CD Projekt Red will give away a "legendary" PC RPG for free on GOG.com this Thursday, 5th April, Eurogamer can reveal.

The giveaway coincides with CD Projekt's Spring Conference, which is being streamed live at 5pm GMT (presumably 6pm BST).

Note that giveaway has nothing to do with the "extraordinary" conference announcement CD Projekt has been teasing.

CD Projekt Red head of marketing Michal Platkow-Gilewski explained to Eurogamer: "No, there will be no announcement of a new game.

"But to give you some hints and not to spoil the surprise, CD Projekt RED and GOG.com have prepared something very special for all the PC fans of The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings, who already have the game, as well as for all those who will buy one any time in the future.

"It is something really unique," he added.

"More to come on the conference."
Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-legendary-pc-rpg-free-on-gog-com-on-thursday

Although the deal is not live yet, wanted to post as a heads up in case you don't check the site daily ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='d8onausa']Considering you want to spend $35 on Operational Raccoon City but only value The Witcher 2 at $15, I'd put a lot more value in his opinion.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='PenguinJim']Except that hindsight is 20/20. He may value O:RC at $1 after he's finished it. Doesn't threaten how I feel about games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I like rollingskulls harsh view on games. Saved me some money a few times. I don't always agree but I also don't feel the need throw a fit when someone dislikes something I like. To each his own. I for one agree with his assessment of the witcher 2. I wouldn't spend more than 15 dollars on it. I bought mine for 15 but in hindsight wish I waited and paid less.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Yeah, I like rollingskulls harsh view on games. Saved me some money a few times. I don't always agree but I also don't feel the need throw a fit when someone dislikes something I like. To each his own. I for one agree with his assessment of the witcher 2. I wouldn't spend more than 15 dollars on it. I bought mine for 15 but in hindsight wish I waited and paid less.[/QUOTE]

Jeez, his opinion on the Witcher 2 is one of the wackiest yet. But you can't please everybody.

[quote name='eastx']Jeez, his opinion on the Witcher 2 is one of the wackiest yet. But you can't please everybody.[/QUOTE]

You really can't. Everyone likes different things. That's why while I value opinions I take them with a grain of salt. Take lesiure suit Larry for instance. You and I both love those games, while most probably will vehemently hate it. I know it's not the best comparison but I'm at working posting on the down lo

Personally, I think The Witcher 2 is one of the best RPGs to date and certain the most visually stunning and atmospheric, at least as far as I'm concerned. Because it's based on a long standing series of novels it does have a rich backstory and world with fleshed out characters.

That said, to each his own and I am not shocked to see people lowballing a game here or being exceedingly cheap with what they think it is worth. This is CAG after all.

Myself I bought the collector's edition with the damned head and everything plus still bought a regular copy from GOG to support CD Projekt directly, so yeah we are talking about a good chunk of change here and it was the most I've ever spent on a single game. I don't regret it, but I'm sure the game is not everyone's taste either.

[quote name='deadtrees']Saw it in-store for $19.99. Shame it went on sale the week after the b2g1 sale, would've been nice to pick it up with Portal 2 and Deus Ex: HR (both also $19.99).[/QUOTE]

I'll look again because theres one right next to where I work and I did see Deux Ex and Portal for that price.

[quote name='Tallkido']So is there anything free?[/QUOTE]

I believe the event takes place at 9 am Pacific this morning so you're too early still.

[quote name='Motoki']
Myself I bought the collector's edition with the damned head and everything plus still bought a regular copy from GOG to support CD Projekt directly, so yeah we are talking about a good chunk of change here and it was the most I've ever spent on a single game. I don't regret it, but I'm sure the game is not everyone's taste either.[/QUOTE]

Ah, we may disagree about pixel art ;), but I'm with you on this one. I own two copies of The Witcher 2 as well - the retail PC version and the Steam version. I'm even getting the Xbox 360 game soon, which will be the most times I've bought any single game since Plants vs. Zombies.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']You really can't. Everyone likes different things. That's why while I value opinions I take them with a grain of salt. Take lesiure suit Larry for instance. You and I both love those games, while most probably will vehemently hate it. I know it's not the best comparison but I'm at working posting on the down lo[/QUOTE]

Ah, Leisure Suit Larry. Let's hope the Kickstarter is a success!

[quote name='eastx']Ah, we may disagree about pixel art ;), but I'm with you on this one. I own two copies of The Witcher 2 as well - the retail PC version and the Steam version. I'm even getting the Xbox 360 game soon, which will be the most times I've bought any single game since Plants vs. Zombies[/QUOTE]

Admit it, it's because there's boobs in it. ;)

[quote name='SnoT']6pm BST is 12pm EST correct?[/QUOTE]
Official post says "5:00 PM GMT (1:00 EDT) tomorrow.". Now...do we need to actually be tuned into the conference on one of the mentioned sites in order to receive the "gift"?

Well I got the 9am pacific time (which is 40 minutes away) by typing their time into Google so I hope that's right.

[quote name='Mugatu']Well I got the 9am pacific time (which is 40 minutes away) by typing their time into Google so I hope that's right.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's 10 a.m. PST is -7 of GMT

The times are made a little more confusing given that we're on PDT or EDT rather than PST and EST. Stupid Daylight Saving Time making things more confusing when other countries (and Arizona) don't do it.

IT'S SO EXCITING! THE SUSPENSE!

I think it's gonna be more like come back in half an hour to see the results, as it sounds so far to be a press conference about how awesome they and their fans are.

I know this won't be a popular opinion but I hope the user interface changes also come to the PC - I'd rather play this with the controller but on the PC.

I stopped watching because I want to go into the game fresh, without seeing any of the footage. I'll have to check back here to see what the free gift is.

[quote name='Mugatu']I know this won't be a popular opinion but I hope the user interface changes also come to the PC - I'd rather play this with the controller but on the PC.[/QUOTE]

I'm also hoping for that. The only reason I haven't started it yet.

[quote name='Flame Killa']I'm also hoping for that. The only reason I haven't started it yet.[/QUOTE]

:) Ha, same here - I bought it during the last sale - I really thought I'd get flamed for that (probably will eventually) but the game is just too complex for my tastes ATM.

[quote name='zubalove']Did he just say that the Enhanced Edition will be the most Polish version? Strange way to sell it....[/QUOTE]

I think the low production values are charming :)

That was funny though.

[quote name='Mugatu']I know this won't be a popular opinion but I hope the user interface changes also come to the PC - I'd rather play this with the controller but on the PC.[/QUOTE]

You guys realize that The Witcher 2 on PC has had native 360 controller support since it came out right ?

[quote name='AdvOfJet']You guys realize that The Witcher 2 on PC has had native 360 controller support since it came out right ?[/QUOTE]

I did know this but haven't tried yet - I just bought it recently so I thought I'd wait until the Enhanced Edition updates came out before starting. Plus from the sounds of it the controller support has been enhanced as well.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']You guys realize that The Witcher 2 on PC has had native 360 controller support since it came out right ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the menu system is horrible... I mean it's horrible with a mouse and keyboard but with the controller is nightmarish.

I know that but I'm pretty sure they improved it a lot for the 360 version and improved the HUD.

They're done talking about Witcher 2 stuff, for those who wanted to watch but didn't want spoilers.

Now talking about witcher 1.

The conference isn't over, but they just mentioned giving away review copies of the 360 version of The Witcher 2 to 1,000 people. Just go here and fill it out.

EDIT: GOG is giving away a free backup copy of The Witcher 2 starting on April 17th to anyone who ever bought a copy of the game, no matter where you bought it from. DVD, Steam, Amazon DRM, wherever.

[quote name='Blade']The conference isn't over, but they just mentioned giving away review copies of the 360 version of The Witcher 2 to 1,000 people. Just go here and fill it out.

EDIT: GOG is giving away a free backup copy of The Witcher 2 starting on April 17th to anyone who ever bought a copy of the game, no matter where you bought it from. DVD, Steam, Amazon DRM, wherever.[/QUOTE]

Steam makes this absolutely worthless.. but thanks for the update.

[quote name='louiedog']Wait. Is Assassin's Creed DRM free? From Ubisoft?[/QUOTE]
That blows my mind more than the free copy of Fallout

bread's done
Back