Fallout: New Vegas - $29.99 (PS3/PC) Amazon.com

Since I know a GOTY edition is coming with DLC, I think I'll wait. How do I know? Past history teaches me this. My lone copy of Fallout 3 I got for $20 just before GOTY showed up and started being on sale for $24.99 reminds me to say hi.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Since I know a GOTY edition is coming with DLC, I think I'll wait. How do I know? Past history teaches me this. My lone copy of Fallout 3 I got for $20 just before GOTY showed up and started being on sale for $24.99 reminds me to say hi.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...[/QUOTE]

I purchased Fallout 3 for full pop on release day and just started playing it about a month ago lol. I'm not even gonna bother with the DLC. It's not like the game is short on content. The only thing that sucks is the level cap which I hit about half way through the game.

The Fallout 3 DLC was honestly a lot of fun and makes the game even better. That and the additional 10 levels is pretty sick.

As for NV: I bought it months ago back when AWD had one for about $26 and have barely touched it. And so far there is only one piece of DLC so those wanting to wait for the GotY edition will have to wait quite a bit.

Just to let everyone know my PC version of the game I ordered months ago didn't come with that awesome cover sleeve.

[quote name='Easystride']Tempting. Did they ever fix all the issues with the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

It's been patched, and I just played through it the past couple of weeks, but it's still a very buggy game on the PS3. I was unable to complete some quests due to bugs, it would sometimes hang on loading screens, and the game would freeze every couple hours. I'd also randomly experience huge drops in FPS that would make the game unplayable and it could only be resolved by restarting the game.

If at all possible get it on the PC. If not, I'd still say the game is worth it on the PS3. Though it can be a frustrating experience.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']This is tempting for me as well. I also heard that it was patched, but as far as I read, it seems that there are still plenty bugs that haven't been fixed. Then I've also read comments from people that own the game that say that they have never seen any bugs at all.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of those people who didn't see any bugs at all. I finished 3 of the 4 endings with no problems, prior to installing the patch. I paid $60 on release day for this game and didn't regret it at all.

If it were a little cheaper than this, I would consider double dipping and getting the 360 version to play through again.

For $30, if you haven't played it at all, seems like a no-brainer.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Since I know a GOTY edition is coming with DLC, I think I'll wait. How do I know? Past history teaches me this. My lone copy of Fallout 3 I got for $20 just before GOTY showed up and started being on sale for $24.99 reminds me to say hi.

Have fun waiting for 1-1.5 years then. Even if you bought this, dead money, and all expected DLC, you'd be out $70. You wouldn't have to wait as long to play it either...

As i can't really download DLC from home, I have no real choice other than wait for a complete edition if I want the whole experience.

All I ever hear about is how it runs so much worse than Fallout 3. I didn't know that would be possible.

I'll pick it up when it's around $10.

You do realize there has only been 1 DLC for this right?

I bought is for $35 in December/January. Amazing game beats FO 3 in my opinion.

[quote name='Grinchy']All I ever hear about is how it runs so much worse than Fallout 3. I didn't know that would be possible.

I'll pick it up when it's around $10.[/QUOTE]

What you've heard is wrong. They've patched it twice and it runs much better now. Having spent over 150 hours with this and 200 with FO3, I can say that FO3 runs much worse. I can't even begin to count the number of times that FO3 has locked up my system.

[quote name='HornyPony']You do realize there has only been 1 DLC for this right?

I bought is for $35 in December/January. Amazing game beats FO 3 in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

More DLC is due out Summer-time-ish.

GOTY this October is inevitable. Anyone who believes otherwise would be on the losing side of a bet.

A few weeks ago another thread said Gamestop was selling the PC CE for $35. It doesn't show on the website anymore, but B&M stores may still have one if you call.

bread's done
Back