Fallout NV Digital Collector's Edition PC $12.50 on Direct2Drive

The only bonus to the "collectors" version is the novel, correct? I would rather wait for the inevitable GOTY edition with the dlc.

Damn. I don't know if I should bite on this or not. It might be cheaper during the Steam Summer sale and eventually a GOTY edition will come out with all the DLC.

I've already played through it once so that's why I'm hesitant to buy it right away.

I doubt it'll be cheaper than $9.99 during the Steam sale. With that referral, it went down to $10.63, no tax. So...

Yeah. I'll mourn the $0.64 on the day the Steam shows up with it on sale. But at least it'll register on Steam. :)

Awesome picked one up and activated on steam. The only reason I was waiting on a thinking about waiting for a GOTY edition is because of the DLC packs. However, unlike fallout 3 (where it was only sold by microsoft directly and therefore never on sale), the New Vegas DLC is on steam so I'm sure we will be seeing some 75+% off sales at some point. Great deal.

[quote name='MadClassic']Is this game any good? I just read some real conflicting reviews.[/QUOTE]

It was worth the $30 or so I got it for last year.
Even better deal at $13 or so - especially w/ it all patched-up.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I doubt it'll be cheaper than $9.99 during the Steam sale. With that referral, it went down to $10.63, no tax. So...

Yeah. I'll mourn the $0.64 on the day the Steam shows up with it on sale. But at least it'll register on Steam. :)[/QUOTE]

This, this, and this! The cheapest I'd expect to see it on Steam for quite some time, would be $10. I for one can live with losing out on that small of an amount. On top of that, if you can find the DLC on sale at any point (Which I'm willing to bet will happen) then it's entirely possible to get this for the $30 price tag long before the GotY exists, let alone goes down in price to $30 upon its release.

[quote name='Doomtime']Friend of mine just gave this to me but I already used a different one.

http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/offers/615051861/interstitial/t1KgZ[/QUOTE]

Used this as well, thanks! Been wanting to pick up one of the current gen Fallout games for a while now, and for $11.48 I am very happy (esp with Steam registration)!

*edit* I had to sign up for the refer a friend link - pay it forward, I say!

Last edited by a moderator:
Use my code in my sig if you need 15 percent off.

I'm so in. Great deal. Fallout games are the type that I play on console and then again on PC.

Ditto!

Thanks and thanks to OP too!

[quote name='paulcalypse']Just wanted to say thank you. I was able to use the code, too![/QUOTE]

I'm an American currently in Japan, and it won't let me purchase the game. During the Steam holiday sale there was a thread where folks were helping us purchase IP restricted games. I am unable to locate such a thread/forum now. Could someone kindly direct me?

[quote name='sonofthor']I'm an American currently in Japan, and it won't let me purchase the game. During the Steam holiday sale there was a thread where folks were helping us purchase IP restricted games. I am unable to locate such a thread/forum now. Could someone kindly direct me?[/QUOTE]
I'm an American in Australia with the same issue. Had to buy a VPN service for games/movies/tv/netflix etc. If you need more info feel free to send a message and I'll let you know what I use. There are free VPNs though so you may want to google around.

[quote name='rohitman']I'm an American in Australia with the same issue. Had to buy a VPN service for games/movies/tv/netflix etc. If you need more info feel free to send a message and I'll let you know what I use. There are free VPNs though so you may want to google around.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I tried to pick it up with Hotspot Shield, but they flagged my order and told me to contact their support group. Since it looks like the deal is good until Friday, I went ahead and emailed them to see if they could fix the problem. If not, I'll message you and try another good VPN.

Yes, sadly the deal is over. And they wouldn't make an exception for an American traveling abroad trying to order. I was under the impression that these deals last for 48 hours, but apparently not this one. It'll probably be about the same price during the Steam Summer Sale though, so hang tight.

[quote name='sonofthor']Yes, sadly the deal is over. And they wouldn't make an exception for an American traveling abroad trying to order. I was under the impression that these deals last for 48 hours, but apparently not this one. It'll probably be about the same price during the Steam Summer Sale though, so hang tight.[/QUOTE]
Well thats too bad. I ran into this problem with Apple and raised hell with them til they let me purchase stuff while in Australia. I basically said "So my new Australian iPhone and my old iPad are basically useless because I can't use my US iTunes account in Australia and I can't sign up for an Australian one without a credit card?" That got them to shuttup and take a hold off my account as well as $10 in music credit. :D Now I just use a VPN so problem solved.

[quote name='rohitman']Well thats too bad. I ran into this problem with Apple and raised hell with them til they let me purchase stuff while in Australia. I basically said "So my new Australian iPhone and my old iPad are basically useless because I can't use my US iTunes account in Australia and I can't sign up for an Australian one without a credit card?" That got them to shuttup and take a hold off my account as well as $10 in music credit. :D Now I just use a VPN so problem solved.[/QUOTE]

Never had that problem with Apple while living in Japan, but I did try using a VPN to purchase Fallout New Vegas. It still wouldn't let me complete the order, though it let me get a little further along in the process. If you have a valid US (or whatever) credit card and billing address, seems that they should allow you to make the purchase. Well, here's hoping the Steam sale is better.

Wow, a new Fallout game already? New Vegas came out super recently I thought....

but I guess since Vegas is in Nevada, Fallout Nevada probably didn't require as much work as a full blown new game. Pretty smart idea actually.

bread's done
Back