Fallout3 GotY Edition at Hastings B&M $19.99 YMMV

iluvmywife

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Fallout3 Game of the Year Edition is picture in Hastings current ad (12/12-12/18) on the last page for under $20. You can go to gohasting dot com and check it out for yourself.

I walk in this morning and ask for a couple of copies. They rang up for $39.99. The guy who rang me up called a supervisor and ask what the price was supposed to be for Fallout3 Goty edition. The manager said that the regular version was $19.99 and the Goty was $39.99. Without any arguing the sales guy ask the manager if they would honor the price and the manager agreed to honor the mistake. My local Hasting has always been a very friendly consumer store and I have never had any problems getting them to honor their ad prices.

I put YMMV in the title but can't se how Hastings could deny the sale, but who knows.

Good luck!

Hopefully someone will price match this today. Does Best Buy price match gohastings ads if you show it to them?

On my way to pick up a copy. Quick question: I have the original and I have heard about the glitches. I'm about half way on the game. Can I play through the original version, then when I want to play the DLC use the GotY disc? (Kind of like Oblivion/Oblivion GotY) Will this help stop the glitches?

[quote name='4tygames']On my way to pick up a copy. Quick question: I have the original and I have heard about the glitches. I'm about half way on the game. Can I play through the original version, then when I want to play the DLC use the GotY disc? (Kind of like Oblivion/Oblivion GotY) Will this help stop the glitches?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can do that, I played through the original at launch and then just used my save when I bought the GOTY early this year.... and no, it won't stop the glitches. You've got a PS3 right? If not, I don't think the glitches apply to the 360 version so you won't even have to worry about it.

Picked up a PS3 version tonight. Ad only shows Xbox360 version. Rang up as $39.99, but the Xbox360 version also rang up for the same price so they honored the $20 price.

[quote name='Orofin']Hopefully someone will price match this today. Does Best Buy price match gohastings ads if you show it to them?[/QUOTE]

Not sure nearest best buy is an hour away

Damn I missed the vanilla version at 9.99 on black friday I really wish I could get the goty version at $20. If only there were a Hastings in Pa. :cry: How does price matching work in this situation? No retailer will match if it is not in the region correct?

It's in the ad, but it's an error? Hopefully, I'll have as good of experience at hastings as everyone else.

Thanks for deal!

Well....why not go to Wal-Mart? They are supposed to price-match everything in the adds.....That worked for me....:p

No luck add matching at wal-mart. Gave me the excuse "it doesn't have the actual price. It just says great games under $20" I said so charge me $19.99 since that's surely the price and they refused. Sigh.

bread's done
Back