Famed Film Director Disapproves of EA's handling of the Godfather license.

[quote name='Scorch']Did it ever sound good?[/QUOTE]

Uhh...no, but I hope you got the hint of sarcasm there that I left with the rolling of the eyes.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Uhh...no, but I hope you got the hint of sarcasm there that I left with the rolling of the eyes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got that. I'm asking you if it ever sounded good. Several people on here have personally said it sounds awesome. I know it sounds awful, and I picked up on the sarcasm.. I was just asking if it ever sounded good to you.

Sorry. I've been watching Ultimate Warrior's UCONN speaking bit the other day and my head's insanely screwed up right now.. I have the biggest headache ever from everything he's talked about.

Crap.. it's almost 4:30.. I thought it was almost 3:30.. crap crap crap..

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, I got that. I'm asking you if it ever sounded good. Several people on here have personally said it sounds awesome. I know it sounds awful, and I picked up on the sarcasm.. I was just asking if it ever sounded good to you.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. Sorry if I came off rude back there. But to answer your question, no. I think I've hated the whole idea of this game since I read about it EGM. All I think EA is trying to do to this license/movie is desecrate it and make a mockery out of the movies.

[quote name='Scorch']Sorry. I've been watching Ultimate Warrior's UCONN speaking bit the other day and my head's insanely screwed up right now.. I have the biggest headache ever from everything he's talked about.

Crap.. it's almost 4:30.. I thought it was almost 3:30.. crap crap crap..[/QUOTE]

Huh????

Sounds like his main (and apparently only) complaint is that it doesn't follow his version of the story. While the game may indeed suck, Coppola has it coming to him after taking great liberties with other peoples works when he made the film versions, he's got no room to talk so to speak.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Sounds like his main (and apparently only) complaint is that it doesn't follow his version of the story. While the game may indeed suck, Coppola has it coming to him after taking great liberties with other peoples works when he made the film versions, he's got no room to talk so to speak.[/QUOTE]

You do know that Mario Puzo wrote or helped write the screenplays for all 3 movies right?

[quote name='Big Daddy Ant']You do know that Mario Puzo wrote or helped write the screenplays for all 3 movies right?[/QUOTE]

So? Many good writers have gone astray in adapting their own work for the screen. Frank Herbert was heavily involved with the first 'Dune' movie. William Gibson made a horrible ruin of a his own short story, 'Johnny Mnemonic.'

The first two Godfather movies were good but I've always thought them tremendously overrated. They score extremely well with the film school dropouts who become film critics and thus get far more hype than deserved. The burden didn't go easy on Coppola, leading to the misconceived third movie.

OTOH, Puzo's novelization of the first Christopher Reeve Superman movie was pretty good for a genre that often hires writers of meager talents. He threw in a lot of extras like having the Guardians on Oa observing the spaceship carrying bably Kal-El to earth and wondering if this was going to be trouble. He definitely knew the source material well.

Christ I hope the Godfather isn't the new Scarface (you know, a trend that braindead white suburban teenagers latch on to because some rap guy says it's cool).

Besides, Goodfellas was better.

so, the news here is "EA makes a crappy licensed game?"

must be a slow news day, i wonder how long before gamespot strats doing weather forecasts? ^^

bread's done
Back