Family guy Dvd?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']yeah, $15 at CC....orders of $25 or more receive free shipping[/QUOTE]

Or get it in store and get the Bonus Disk with an episode of Stacked, Arrested Development Season 2, and American Dad

[quote name='Scorch']$14.88 or so at Wal-Mart[/QUOTE]

mine had it for 18.99 or something, which is why i did not pick it up, also are there different ver. of the film? most of them on the bar code or something said fullscreen, though i found that i think said pan and scan. anyone confirm?

There were over 200 at the Circuit City near me and they all said Full screen on the top Bar Code. I hope there isnt another version, but I am almost positive that there isn't.

$19.97 at Wal-mart in MD best ive seen it is circuit city for $15 or $16.99 at best buy with $10 off season one or Season 2 and 3

Family Guy: Stewie's Untold Story is 4:3 only as that is how it was produced. There is no Widescreen version and there will never be one. So relax, buy it, enjoy it, and know you are seeing EVERYTHING as intended. :D

My Hollywood Video didn't get it in. But yeah, I was there and some chick was looking for the widescreen, it was funny.. Scan it at your Wal-Mart, it should be $14.xx

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I'd say its a rental at best unless you are hardcore family guy[/QUOTE]

I'm a HUGE Family Guy fan, Loved every episode, but this movie BORED the living shit out of me. The jokes fell flat and it was pretty much a very long extended TV episode with the same amount of jokes as in a 30 minute episode.

Very dissapointing, but that's my opinion, everyone is saying how much they love it. I have no idea why.

[quote name='demomanTNA']Yeah half of the copies I sold at my CC people keep asking "where's the widescreen edition?" Oh well.

[/QUOTE]

At least it's not the other way around.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I'm a HUGE Family Guy fan, Loved every episode, but this movie BORED the living shit out of me. The jokes fell flat and it was pretty much a very long extended TV episode with the same amount of jokes as in a 30 minute episode.

Very dissapointing, but that's my opinion, everyone is saying how much they love it. I have no idea why.[/QUOTE]

yeah I agree, there was a couple laughs, but a dumb story is still a dumb story

just a warning to anyone who is going to buy the UMD version of this. Do not buy it at FYE or Sam Goody. For some reason those two stores got mislabeled UMD's. The packaging/covers are for The movie, but they are actually only the 'freakin sweet' collection (first 10 episodes). It seems that Best Buy & Circuit City have the real ones...

Anyone know of the DVD with a t-shirt??? I saw a tag at WalMart, but according to them it's all sold out (I checked Tuesday, when it came out!)...can't seem to find a picture of the tee online....

[quote name='CocheseUGA']At least it's not the other way around.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, it is...people are so dumb.

it's a tv show, of course it's not widescreen. I guess the problem is that the dvd makers put 'fullscreen' on it. also, this dvd is only worth 5 bucks or less

[quote name='demomanTNA']I must of imagined my copies of "24" then being in Widescreen....[/QUOTE]
and Lost, Dead Like me, Stargate SG-1, Battlestar galactica, Firefly, etc.

[quote name='guardian_owl']and Lost, Dead Like me, Stargate SG-1, Battlestar galactica, Firefly, etc.[/QUOTE]
along with Arrested Development, Babylon 5, The Office, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Trek: Enterprise and the later seasons of the X Files.

[quote name='adezero']ya, those use a real camera with a widescreen lens, this is animated tv[/QUOTE]
Being an animated show doesn't mean that they can't use a widescreen aspect ratio.

Got it for $15 at CC, and watched with a bunch of friends. I'm very satisfied with the purchase, and look forward to watching it again shortly. Of course, I'm a big Family Guy fan already, but the movie's pretty much made for the fans anyway.

[quote name='Kaijufan']
Being an animated show doesn't mean that they can't use a widescreen aspect ratio.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. There are several animated movies that are in widescreen as their OAR. For example, the South Park and Beavis & Butt-head movies are in 1.85:1. Heck, there are even animated shows/movies in 2.35:1.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Being an animated show doesn't mean that they can't use a widescreen aspect ratio.[/QUOTE]

It's been awhile since I've seen it, but isn't Justice League Unlimited shown in widescreen?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Exactly. There are several animated movies that are in widescreen as their OAR. For example, the South Park and Beavis & Butt-head movies are in 1.85:1. Heck, there are even animated shows/movies in 2.35:1.[/QUOTE]

those movies were in the theaters, hence widescreen.

The point is, family guy is meant for tv and does not use widescreen in the first place. some higher quality animated shows like star wars: clone wars use widescreen, this is the dumbest argument i've ever had, you can't just bring up unrelated subjects to make a point (that has no bearing). this discussion is about family guy and if i'm not mistaken, all network animated shows (CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX)

[quote name='adezero']those movies were in the theaters, hence widescreen.

The point is, family guy is meant for tv and does not use widescreen in the first place. some higher quality animated shows like star wars: clone wars use widescreen, this is the dumbest argument i've ever had, you can't just bring up unrelated subjects to make a point (that has no bearing). this discussion is about family guy and if i'm not mistaken, all network animated shows (CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX)[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure how bringing up animated shows that are in widescreen is the "dumbest argument" you've ever heard, and an unrelated subject.
Just because most cartoons are filmed at 1.33:1 doesn't mean all of them are, or that they can only be filmed at 1:33.1.
I suspect as more and more shows start broadcasting in HD, more and more cartoons will be shown/filmed in widescreen.

I picked this up on DVD & UMD (even though I already dowloaded it- I want to support Family Guy).

Anyway Circuit City didn't have any more of the bonus discs (big surprise- all their employees have them on eBay). Anyways, did I miss anything by not getting the bonus disc?

[quote name='Haggar']I picked this up on DVD & UMD (even though I already dowloaded it- I want to support Family Guy).

Anyway Circuit City didn't have any more of the bonus discs (big surprise- all their employees have them on eBay). Anyways, did I miss anything by not getting the bonus disc?[/QUOTE]
The bonus disk has an episode of Arrested Development, American Dad, and some other show.

bread's done
Back