Family Guy > No Seth MacFarlane?!?

R1V3R5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
"Fox will continue to produce and show new episodes of the animated comedy “Family Guy,” even though Seth MacFarlane — the executive producer who not only writes for the show but also provides voices for it — is refusing to work during the writers’ strike."

http://tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/14/new-family-guy-episodes-bypass-central-writer/

Isn't he sort of important to the show?

Also, fuck me if this has been posted already. I looked dammit.

I overheard a couple of people talking about the season being over due to the writer's strike...but compared to this move, that seems genius

[quote name='help1']Family guy sucks. Fact.[/quote]

Agreed.

Are we not talking about Family guy? Who the fuck needs Seth for that. A deranged monkeys ass with lupus could write for family guy.

Like that one time when I wrote for Fox.

Cut to a monkey taking a shit and a fox exec screaming brilliant!

Its not hard to "randomly" say think of random things to put in a family guy show.

It's easy people.

They have episodes writen awhile ahead of time, and same with the voices because the animation takes so long.

So they probably have enough for 12 or so episodes before it makes the show... worse... is that possible....

[quote name='Maklershed']Someone please list a verb, a noun, and a famous person / historical figure.[/QUOTE]

Cycling. A banana. Napoleon III.

*Scene starts*

Peter limps in to the kitchen

Louis: Oh hey Peter. What happened to your leg? You're walking funny.

Peter: Not as funny as that time Napoleon III went cycling and used a banana for a seat.

Cut to Napoleon III on a bicycle with a pained but somewhat suspisciously pleased look on his face

*end scene*

They'll probably just hire Billy West to do the voices, and hire starving college writers. Maybe they'll do something more creative than predictable flashback sequences :)

[quote name='Maklershed']*Scene starts*

Peter: Not as funny as that time Napoleon III went cycling and used a banana for a seat.

Cut to Napoleon III on a bicycle with a pained but somewhat suspisciously pleased look on his face

*end scene*[/QUOTE]

Yep. And it would be fucking hilarious.

*end scene*[/QUOTE]
Scab. You just broke the writer's picket line.

*end scene*[/quote]

:rofl:

If I was you I'd submit my application ASAP.

Welcome to November bub.
Just about all of the new episodes of Family Guy that have been aired since the strike began are the "unapproved" episodes (1: Peter finds out he was born in Mexico. 2: Meg episode, she goes into a brief coma after a flood). Really, all that has been missing from these episodes are Seth's final OK, which he was withholding due to the strike, and that's not going to magically make them any better episodes. Now there are probably episodes that were not entirely finished before the strike, but as pointed out before, the writing and voice-work (Seth's main areas of contribution) were finished months ago, leaving only the animation to finish. Fox will air all the episodes that they can until the strike or the season ends.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Welcome to November bub.
Just about all of the new episodes of Family Guy that have been aired since the strike began are the "unapproved" episodes (1: Peter finds out he was born in Mexico. 2: Meg episode, she goes into a brief coma after a flood). Really, all that has been missing from these episodes are Seth's final OK, which he was withholding due to the strike, and that's not going to magically make them any better episodes. Now there are probably episodes that were not entirely finished before the strike, but as pointed out before, the writing and voice-work (Seth's main areas of contribution) were finished months ago, leaving only the animation to finish. Fox will air all the episodes that they can until the strike or the season ends.[/quote]

Ding, ding, ding! End topic...

Unless they start trying to make new episodes with someone else voicing Stewie, Peter and Brian, this is kind of pointless. Oh no, the episodes didn't get Seth's "permission" to air. Send in Muhammed.

Family Guy is one of the funniest shows ever made. Just watch the first three seasons again. I guess it depends on your personality and your sense of humor. Anyway, its Seth's show so he won't want it to be ruined. Simpsons seasons 1-10, south park, and family are the best of the best when it comes to comedy animation. Robot chicken is only funny if you are high and its just random shit. Family Guy has a story for every episode, however I agree about the flashback, however there are only 3 - 4 in an episode, so what?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Family Guy has plenty of humor outside of the cutaways. And it's a hell of a lot better than that stoner crap Aqua Teen Hunger Force garbage.[/quote]

i agree, family guy is a really funny show, but i cant really imagine it with different voices....i also happen to like ATHF

[quote name='Skylander7']They'll probably just hire Billy West to do the voices[/QUOTE]

Good news, everyone! I'm not walking as funny as Napoleon III when he went cycling and used a banana for a seat!

Maybe it will actually be funny if this no-talent hack is out of the picture.

Probably not.

You know what's going to be *really* fascinating to watch? Jay Leno breaking the picket line when he goes back on the air.

His monologues are some of the most appalling words ever put together under the guise of "comedy" that I look forward to see what he does in his writing crew's absence. It's a win-win situation!

He'll either:
1) Be genuinely funny
2) Freak out and say some of the worst shit imaginable, wholly without intention.

either way, it'll be awesome to watch. I personally hope to see Patrick Duffy and Joey Lawrence as guests on the show (and if you caught that reference, you win the prize).

*end scene*[/QUOTE]

fucking brilliant, im forwarding this to fox, expect a big check in the mail soon, but also expect your new show to be canceled next year for now reason.

People can make fun of me all they want for watching family guy but how bad does your life gotta suck for you to take the time to come in this thread to talk shit about a show you dont watch?

They're not doing anything as terribly drastic as the title of the thread suggests, but it does show just how bad Fox is. Chances are if the shows went off to animation, they were basically approved, there isn't much to do after they are animated unless they want to dump a whole lot of time into redoing animation, something I'm sure Fox doesn't like to spring for. Screw Fox still, pissing off the creators of one of their biggest shows is one of the dumbest moves they could make, but then again it seems to go along with all of their other logic. Morons.

I'll also say that Family Guy has gone way down hill, but not into the area of sucking. It is nowhere as good as it used to be, but it is still watchable.

[quote name='mykevermin']I personally hope to see Patrick Duffy and Joey Lawrence as guests on the show (and if you caught that reference, you win the prize).[/QUOTE]
If that happens, that show will have the best ending ever.;)

I guess no one here watches the Peaboby winner South Park? They did two episodes on how much Family Guy sucks, and then made fun of Bart a little on the side.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I guess no one here watches the Peaboby winner South Park? They did two episodes on how much Family Guy sucks, and then made fun of Bart a little on the side.[/quote]Yes, we probably all saw it. So, since South Park ripped on it, people aren't allowed to like it anymore?

[quote name='VipFREAK']:yawn:[/quote]Way to contribute to the thread. You're like evanft, make a crap post, bitching about how people make crap posts.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Way to contribute to the thread. You're like evanft, make a crap post, bitching about how people make crap posts.[/quote]

And what the fuck are you doing? You are bitching while bitching about pointless posts that deal with bitching.

So you are one to fucking complain.

i used to hate family guy with a passion. after having that huge broomstick removed from my ass, i grew to like it and its endless upn reruns

American Dad has actually be amusing a few times this season. I hated the previous seasons, but this one's been better than Family Guy (as Family Guy has gotten worse and worse).

Frisky Dingo is the best animated series out there by far.

ratingswz3.jpg

[quote name='hankmecrankme']If that happens, that show will have the best ending ever.;)[/QUOTE]

:applause: Indeed. It will end with the NBC Peacock.

VipFreak, your diligent work on that graph had me rolling in laughter at first because I thought "AD" was "Arrested Development," and your chart was having fun pointing out to the "too cool/too smart for FG" crowd that their pinky-finger-extended "intellectual" sitcom died a slow death despite all the chances FOX gave it - and thus everyone's just bitter because, unlike Arrested Development, people watched Family Guy.

Alas, I was wrong. I can still dream, though.

[quote name='mykevermin']:applause: Indeed. It will end with the NBC Peacock.

VipFreak, your diligent work on that graph had me rolling in laughter at first because I thought "AD" was "Arrested Development," and your chart was having fun pointing out to the "too cool/too smart for FG" crowd that their pinky-finger-extended "intellectual" sitcom died a slow death despite all the chances FOX gave it - and thus everyone's just bitter because, unlike Arrested Development, people watched Family Guy.

Alas, I was wrong. I can still dream, though.[/quote]

That actually hurt me when I read it. :cry: Arrested Development was the best sitcom Fox has ever had. Whether you think fans of the show were elitist or not, it was fucking awesome. Had any other major network picked up AD, it would probably still be on the air.

You may have also forgotten that Family Guy was shitcanned by Fox only to be revived by the massive DVD sales. Fox doesn't have a damn clue about programming.

bread's done
Back