Family Guy: The Video Game™

Darknyss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
First off, if you are a FG fan it's a MUST PLAY. It's the funniest game ever! Rent or Buy is personal preference. You could probably rent in and finish it in a couple days but if you're a FG fanboy you won't regret purchasing it at all.

It's not the greatest made game ever. I got stuck in a glitch after only playing for 5 minutes :D The gameplay is pretty fun though. And the commentary and cut scenes are hilarious!!!

Basically there are 3 different types of stages:

Stewie - Platform based. Object is to run around and shoot stuff with your ray gun. You can collect parts to make your gun stronger. He also uses a mind control gun to control other characters which you'll need to use to beat certain puzzles.

Peter - Streets of Rage type play. Punting the shit out of little kids made me LOL. The controls for him can be frustrating since he can't block. Sometimes the bad guys gang up on you and can will beat you down fast. You do get "super moves" that help with that though.

Brian - Steath type gameplay. The object is to sneak around without being caught while collecting items. For some parts you must find costumes to hide your identity while you walk around.

Overall I'd recommend it. Especially to any Family Guy fanatic. The graphics actually look better than I thought they would. (low expectations?) The price is right ($30). Use google checkout and you can get it for cheaper.

Sounds cool. I was expecting a cheap and cheerful, not exactly groundbreaking game, but if they've got the FG style of humor down, I'll pick it up next time I'm at Best Buy.

IMO it looks fab and it has some great humor with some very bad gameplay. It is worth a rental or cheap pick up. Overall it is better then I thought it would be but I'm glad it is just a rental.

[quote name='trunks982']that game looks like its going to drop in price real fast.[/QUOTE]
Don't count on it. If I recall correctly, didn't Simpson's Road Rage and Hit and Run make greatest hits?

[quote name='rodeojones903']"Family Guy is like Paris Hilton or Jessica Simpson."

Worst analogy ever.[/quote]

Play the game and you'll understand why.

[quote name='rodeojones903']"Family Guy is like Paris Hilton or Jessica Simpson."

Worst analogy ever.[/QUOTE]
It is a good analogy in that all three suck dick.

the manatees did a great job.

but yeah it's like a lost episode and it stays true to the show. a fun little romp.

by the way did any of you folks try this

in the first peter stage, when you go to the church, God is hitting on a Girl...try punching God.

Damn Mimes and their Invisible Walls!

I'll probably pick it up when it's cheaper or a deal comes along. Although $30 is too bad, and I'm a big fan of the show. It could be an impulse buy at some point.

[quote name='youruglyclone']the manatees did a great job.

but yeah it's like a lost episode and it stays true to the show. a fun little romp.

by the way did any of you folks try this

in the first peter stage, when you go to the church, God is hitting on a Girl...try punching God.

Damn Mimes and their Invisible Walls![/quote]

Yeah, I found out the hard way. Apparently when the game tells you to defeat all the enemies, it doesn't mean God, too.

bread's done
Back