Family Video liquidating PS2, GCN, XBOX games

Irukandji

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
I didn't see this posted so I figured why not. Anyway, both of my local Family Video stores are selling off everything that isn't current gen (aside from ps2 games less than 2 months old) with prices from $4.95 -$9.95.

I'm sure you guys know whats worth what but I found:

$4.95

GCN

Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes

PS2

Silent Hill 2-Origins

$9.95

Multi

Futurama

:EDIT:

Make sure to ask them about the instruction booklets for you games. For some reason my stores have all the booklets separate in a huge drawer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ralph444']:O

$4.95.... Pikmin 2?

(dies)[/quote]

I know man. But now I have to figure out if I want to keep it or sell it hah.

Sigh. There's 8 or 9 Family Videos in my state but they are all in mountain cities that are about 3-4 hours away. Won't be worth it for me to head out to any of them.

Damn.. I just picked up Pikmin 2 for $7.99 last Saturday. Oh well, still a deal and I'm not sure it would have lasted another week. I didn't see anything but last gen games on sale when I went there.

[quote name='Irukandji']
I'm sure you guys know whats worth what but I found:

$4.95

GCN

Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes

$9.95

Multi

Futurama
[/quote]

It doesn't sound like Family Video knows what's worth what;)

[quote name='h2dk']It doesn't sound like Family Video knows what's worth what;)[/quote]

Haha that's what I was thinking. To reinforce your joke i have to tell you that they were selling dino crisis 3, brute force, and grabbed by the ghoulies for 9.95.

[quote name='jer7583']wow. Hollywood Video part 2, here we go![/quote]

Don't get your hopes up, only 1 out of 4 stores new wtf I was talking about.

mine was hit and miss

most of the gamecube games were on sale but not all. all of the xbox games were on sale, but none of the ps2 games were on sale.

I got
SSX3 (GC) 4.95
Wario Ware INC (GC) 4.95
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (GC) 4.95

though none of them had instructions (I asked for them and they couldn't find them)

I did see a jedi outcast dark knight 2 (GC) for sale (that game is pretty hard to find) but it was rented out.......Ill have to go back every once in a while and wait for it to come in.

Hit up a FV and got Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 for the GC for $9.99. No instructions, stickers all over. Kinda regret getting it and no good Xbox or PS2 games were on sale, but there wasn't much there I would want anyway.

I don't think there was any special sale going on. In other words, this is YMMV.

[quote name='thabizzle']i may have to make a trip today....and ninja dog, I'm feelin that sig of yours! Great movie![/QUOTE]

Indeed :)

I always wanted the Xbox version of Futurama, but the local Family Video never carried it.

And they got rid of most of their last-gen games a while ago. There's still some crappy Xbox games in there...but not many.

checked 3 stores, barely found 5 mediocre games for flipping at gamestop:
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Xbox)
Call of Duty 3 (Xbox)
The Spongebob Movie (Xbox)
Paper Mario (GC)
Mario Superstar Tennis (GC)

spent $25ish, got $40ish I think...very weak

Found a nice little score of GC games that I got to keep.

$9.95
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

$4.95
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Geist

No manuals but the disks and cases are in mint condition so I'm happy.

Waste of time. PS2 games wernt for sale, most of the best GC/Xbox games like Halo and Mario Kart wernt for sale at all and the stuff that was for sale was $10 90% of the time if it was even halfway decent.

As cheap as these games are, I'm into collecting so rarely do I ever buy anything from a rental store -- games usually are missing mauals or are scratched up badly.

However, for those who just want to play, this is a great route to get hard to find or expensive games. :)

Awesome prices on the first two Prince of Persia games. I'll have to hit up the store down the road from my house this afternoon. Thanks, OP, for the heads up.

[quote name='Irukandji']I know man. But now I have to figure out if I want to keep it or sell it hah.[/quote]

Play it then trade it in and put the credit down on the new Wii version that's cumming out!!

Only game that was even remotely interesting at the two FV stores I went to was XIII (GC) for $4.95. Didn't bite on it, but the selection at both stores was garbage otherwise.

I tired the two stores about an hour from my house. They had nothing special for sale, and the ones that were for sale were all crappy. I think that If there were any good games the workers must have grabbed them.

Hrm. There's a FV within walking distance of my house. Will have to check this out, thanks for the head's up! If they don't have anything, no biggie, at least I didn't drive all over creation hunting down deals.

I stopped at a FMV in Jackson, MI and they certainly were not liquidating their previous gen inventory. They did have some really good deals on used games though, most notably Banjo 360 for $20.

bread's done
Back