Family Video - Used Game Price Drops

sharpedge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've been checking Family Video lately to see what used games they have, and some of their prices have dropped in the past week. You can see all their used games Here, prices start at $7.95 and shipping is free with code GAMEPRO7. Below are a few examples for the Xbox 360 which looked interesting:

:360: Frontlines: Fuel of War $15.95
:360: Enemy Territory: Quake Wars $15.95
:360: BlackSite: Area 51 $15.95
:360: Turning Point: Fall of Liberty $15.95
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company $29.95
:360: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith $29.95

I bought two games from them and both are in fantastic condition, but only one came with a manual. I'd never heard of the store until I saw it mentioned at SD the other week - since then games that sold for $9.95 have dropped to $7.95, and games that were $19.95 have dropped to $15.95.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
They have NCAA 09 Used on Xbox 360 for $29.95 too. They also use to have a discount code for your first order but I don't know if it still exist. Also, they have Lego Indiana Jones Used for $15.95 for Wii & 360.

I hate when I need to save money I finally find something I want to buy when I know I can't spend the money on it because I would love to get Battlefield: Bad Company.

anyone know if there was a major change between

NCAA 2008 and NCAA 2009

i know nascar 2009 is the same freaking game almost as 2008

Damn, I thought I was doing God's work by picking up a Lego Indiana Jones for $35 from Radio Shack; I used the $10 off coupon (with another game) to bring it down to $25 at its lowest, but family video's $15 used smokes that deal! Picked up Lego Indy Jones (360) and Frontlines (360) for $31.90. The free shipping code is...

FREE SHIPPING CODE - GAMEPRO7

[quote name='Burchamj']Used Games do not include manuals[/QUOTE]

Is this something new for them? I haven't ordered from them recently but when I did in the past they always boasted their used games were complete. Sure enough, every used game I got from them came complete with manual, and was usually in great shape.

My purchase from them during the last price drop sale posted here contained a manual. A day or two after I ordered, I noticed the disclaimer that used games may not contain one. So, YMMV.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Trying to decide on Lego Indy... if it were 9.99, it'd be insta-buy for me.[/quote]

Its not worth anything more than 15 in my opinion.

Its pretty short -_-V

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Trying to decide on Lego Indy... if it were 9.99, it'd be insta-buy for me.[/quote]
I loved the demo; if you get the game from family video, beat it quickly you could trade it in at gamestop for 20ish - even better than a free rental.

I've been buying games from Family video for a while now. I actually look for new games that they have 5 or more copies of as games they will likely sell in a couple months. Typically my store sells ps3/360 games for $29 and wii games for 19. If they are unable to sell the extra copies they may lower the price about a month later. all the discs I have purchased have been in really good condition. They also clean them before I take them home. They include the box and manual as well.

saved myself 16 bucks

ncaa 2009 for ps2

at the end of every console's lifetime, developers of sports games typically run into the same problem -- as their attention moves to the newer systems, will they attempt to devote any attention to the dying system? While a majority of the innovative features, visual enhancements and adjustments are made to the next generation, the older version labors away with minor changes or bug fixes, slowly slipping into a carbon copy of itself in its final days. This can be said of NCAA Football 09 for the PlayStation 2, which is practically the exact same game as last year.

so no reason to buy this game.. Pick up 2008 dirt cheap

snagged bad company and lego indy for $49 shipped... thanks OP. I figure if I don't like em, I can always ebay or trade them, they're both newer games that seem to be staying high in price.

[quote name='talonthrawn']Also Super Smash Bros. Brawl for 24.95... that's a pretty good price...[/quote]

That is a great price; I just picked it up at Radioshack for $29.99 new; Had to weigh the pros and cons; I have ordered 3 games from familyvideo - none came with the instruction manual. Not that I was surprised, it is labeled clearly on their website that they do not come with instruction manuals (though others have lucked out and received instruction manuals). All the games I've received from them have been from good to great shape - for the extra $5 I get a mint game and instruction manual, worth it to me but for those who can't get it for $29.99, this is a steal.

Coupon code GAMEPRO7 gets you free shipping. I ordered a used game from them 2 weeks ago, came complete with manual/box in mint condition.

[quote name='SpitFire158']Bought Lego Indiana Jones for $16.Thanks Op[/quote]

Luckily I ordered the same game the same night, since then the price has gone up for the 360 version, the wii version has sold out. Price also went up on Enemy Territory Quake Wars for the 360.

stopped by a family video today just to check it out and ended up getting..
all for 360
lego indiana jones
guitar hero aerosmith
the club

all for $53 after taxes not bad at all :)

[quote name='CuE-TiP']Just a heads up.. they got Madden '09 for $20 and Condemned 2 for $10 as well as Turok for $10.

All 360.[/quote]

online? Turok for $10 is a steal.

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']Madden 09 for 20 bones?

I don't see it. Link?[/QUOTE]

I assume he saw it in-store. I'm stopping by my backwoods Famvid to check tonight.

Decent 360 Deals:

Need For Speed Pro Street - 12.99
Iron Man - 12.99
Frontlines: Fuel Of War - 14.99
Guitar Hero Aerosmith - 15.99
The Incredible Hulk - 15.99

Tempted on GHA, but man, I just fucking hate Aerosmith despite loving Guitar Hero.

i work for family video and we will clean every and all discs before leaving the store.
If we have games for sale in store they will have a sticker with the price on them. Also, We are going to start selling ALL of our xbox and GC games for only 7.95 or 4.95 depending on the store and game. not sure when thats going to start but at our store we started to price the games that dont rent at all.

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']Madden 09 for 20 bones?

I don't see it. Link?[/quote]
They had like 4 copies for $20 at my local Family Video.

It's all in-store.

I have ordered from them in the past. 2 out of the 3 games ordered came with manuals. Case, manual and discs were in good shape. I would recommend them.

good cheap games

NCAA Football 2005 : Game Cube 2.99 loved this more on gamecube then ps2

Madden NFL 08 : PlayStation 2 2.99

NCAA Football 08 : PlayStation 2 2.99

too bad they dont have FREE SHIPPING

Couple of new additions to their selection of used games:

:360: Fracture $29.99
:360: Pure $29.99

Free shipping code is FAMVID30 (good until 11/17)

bread's done
Back