FamilyVideo 360/PS3 Deals (New $5 off $50 code 5HOLIDAY)

You fixed the first link, but the rest are broken. It looks like you actually copied them from another forum, since the links themselves are all truncated the standard display way.

[quote name='darrenf619']None of those links work..[/QUOTE]

fixed the links, IDK why they fudged, I copied and pasted it from a previous post I made. Anyway their working now.:applause:

[quote name='Damian']You fixed the first link, but the rest are broken.[/QUOTE]

The first link, Halo 3 was linked just as made the thread the others are from a week ago.

[quote name='RudyPants']Thanks OP, I plan on picking up Halo 3 for that price. Any idea how long the $49.99 sale will be going on?[/QUOTE]

IDK, but Madden 08 & Two Worlds are currently the same price now as pre-order price 2-3 weeks ago, so hopefully the pre-order prices will stay the same until and after their release.

If you're looking to make this a universal FV thread, you might want to include Zelda DS and possibly Persona 3.

[quote name='Rocko']If you're looking to make this a universal FV thread, you might want to include Zelda DS and possibly Persona 3.[/QUOTE]

Subject editted to 360/PS3 deals. Please feel free to add any game/system deals and I'll edit/add them to the post.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']I've never been charged for tax from Family Video... and I live in NC... wierd.[/QUOTE]

hmm, it shows on the site as one of the states with a store location.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']The coupons aren't working for me, and no I haven't ordered from FV before[/QUOTE]

IDK, I tried the $3 coupon code last night to be sure on my account, the same account I made to buy Dead Rising 3 weeks ago which I used to $5 coupon. I even put in my credit card info at checkout so I could put the coupon in and see the discounted price (-$3)

[quote name='psyanide82']I've never been charged tax, and I live in NY. Oh well, let the IRS deal with Family Video.[/QUOTE]

Lets wait until the coupons & game deals expire then we'll threaten to blackmail for $ & free games or we'll the contact the IRS. ;)

[quote name='psyanide82']I've never been charged tax, and I live in NY. Oh well, let the IRS deal with Family Video.[/QUOTE]
It is called interstate tax system or something like that. It means if the product is crossing in from another state then we don't have to pay sales tax.

Someone should be able to explain it better then me but that is the basic principle.

I forgot to add, while looking through recent Family Video posts I found another code that someone submitted NEWMEM5F

Last week I tried the $3 coupon NEWMEM3F on my active account after I used the first $5 code NEWPGMEM to Halo 3, Though I'm an active customer the $3 seemed to work fine. This other $5 off code may work on existing accounts too.

When I tried the $3 code out I even added my credit card info and saw the $3 discount, but I just didn't submit the order. So someone can atleast go through the checkout to see if they can get an addition $3-5 off before they order on a second or maybe a third purchase.

[quote name='GenDV138']They also have Skate on sale for $53.98, $49.97 after $5 coupon. Ordered the 360 version last night.

360 - http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=274756

PS3 - http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=274755[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll add it to my original post.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How long does it usually take to receive a new release game if you preorder?[/QUOTE]

IDK about pre-orders ship times, Halo 3 is my first, but the site said Halo 3 will ship on the 26th I think. I usually get items from them in 3-5 days after it ships out.

[quote name='spoo']It is called interstate tax system or something like that. It means if the product is crossing in from another state then we don't have to pay sales tax.

Someone should be able to explain it better then me but that is the basic principle.[/QUOTE]

So in other words, we're being screwed by big corporate sites that charge tax and shipping even if the item isn't sent from the same state.

BTW it took them like 8 days(not counting July 4 either) to ship me NGS and i'm in Texas.

[quote name='gokou36']So in other words, we're being screwed by big corporate sites that charge tax and shipping even if the item isn't sent from the same state.

BTW it took them like 8 days(not counting July 4 either) to ship me NGS and i'm in Texas.[/QUOTE]
yeah..i hear their ship times are long... i wouldn't preorder here or ddd if you plan to get it within a week or two of release.
seems like everytime we have a thread on this everyone comes back in to complain when they haven't gotten it shortly after release. this is one of the reasons you are getting a cheaper price.

oh...and, we would never be screwed over by big corporations ;)

I pre-ordered the Halo 3 LE from Family Video last week for $55.98. I just checked my CC info and saw that they charged my card $1 on the same day I ordered. I rarely ever pre-order anything online but I know most places wait until it ships before they charge you anything. Is this how FV normally does pre-orders?

Also, anyone know where they ship the games from? It says IL on my my credit card statement....would be nice if they shipped from there since I'm in Michigan and probably wouldn't have to wait long for Halo to arrive.

[quote name='norkusa']I pre-ordered the Halo 3 LE from Family Video last week for $55.98. I just checked my CC info and saw that they charged my card $1 on the same day I ordered. I rarely ever pre-order anything online but I know most places wait until it ships before they charge you anything. Is this how FV normally does pre-orders?

Also, anyone know where they ship the games from? It says IL on my my credit card statement....would be nice if they shipped from there since I'm in Michigan and probably wouldn't have to wait long for Halo to arrive.[/quote]

It's probably just a pre-authorization. A lot of places do it, but most pre-authorizations just take it out of your available credit, not add to the balance before it ships.

Just ordered Lair and Heavenly Sword. Each was $49.97...I was able to use the $5.00 off coupon NEWMEM5F since it was my first order there.

Now I just hope Lair isn't as bad as I'm hearing...

i used the $5 off coupon and it didn't work.
however, i got this from another thread and the first one worked fine.

Halo 3 is available to preorder for $49.99 at FamilyVideo, shipping is $.99, and $5 off coupons can be used by first time customers (NEWPGMEM, NWEGWMEM or NEWMEM5F). For a grand total of $45.98 shipped.

I just got an e-mail that my Halo 3 Pre-order from FV shipped! I was scared of what happened after the Heavenly Sword preorder.

This company is horribe. I placed my order for Metroid Prime 3 on August 30th and it was reported as "IN STOCK" at the time and for about two weeks after. The item never shipped. I complained and they changed the status of the item to 2-4 weeks. Then earlier this week I noticed it was reported as "IN STOCK!" on their web page again, yet my order still has yet to ship. What a total load of crap this is.

This might be a good deal, but I dont think Family video is a good company. I ordered Oblivion for 360 a week and a half ago. Never got an email if my order was ship until today. 1 1/2 week later. I've been waiting for it to arrived since I thought they shipped it and was just waiting on the slow media mail. No, they send me an email today that the item is backordered. It wasnt backordered when I ordered it a 1 1/2 week ago.

Spend the $5 and buy it at a local store...

I ordered Fable: The Lost Chapters on Aug. 27th and it shipped out Aug. 29th and arrived Sept. 5th i believe since Labor Day was that weekend.

My Halo 3 CE shipped today
i'll be happy if i get it by friday
saving 20 bucks is worth an extra few days

Yup, my Halo 3 CE shipped today too! :)

I was worried I wouldn't get it for a while since I opted for the $0.99 shipping. Looks like it's shipping from IL though, so there's a good chance it'll arrive by Tuesday since I'm right next door in Michigan.

Strange that i haven't received any kind of order or shipped conformation email from FV though.

It's nice to here Halo 3 is already shipping for some. I was hoping that they would atleast get it out the 26th which their site said it will be shipped on the 25th. Maybe I'll get mine before next weekend.

Halo 3 CE shipped saturday, but im hoping it shipped friday, when I called the CSR told me they were having problems with their email notification and that my game would ship friday or monday, I opted for the cheap shipping so hopefully I still get it by next week.

FamilyVideo is still screwing me over big time. Metroid 3 is again being reported as "IN STOCK" on their web site. This for like the third time. My order from over a month ago has still yet to ship. If you want to play your game any time soon I say BEWARE of this company.

Any current customers/account holders tried to use the second $5 off coupon code (NEWMEM5F) on another preorder? I tried the $3 off after I ordered Halo 3 adding my credit card info & then the coupon and it worked, but I didn't process the order.

I plan to ordering as soon as I get the cash next week so if no active FV users try the second code by then I'll give it a try and I'll update whether or not it works.

[quote name='retail sucks']Any current customers/account holders tried to use the second $5 off coupon code (NEWMEM5F) on another preorder? I tried the $3 off after I ordered Halo 3 adding my credit card info & then the coupon and it worked, but I didn't process the order.

I plan to ordering as soon as I get the cash next week so if no active FV users try the second code by then I'll give it a try and I'll update whether or not it works.[/quote]

NEWMEM5F is for new customers only. I just tried it on a new account and it worked fine.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Pre-ordered a COD4 for the PS3.

How was shipping for you guys that got your games?[/quote]

depends... some have really bad experiences. with the whole heavenly sword pre-order, i ordered on monday on it's release week and got it thursday. others who pre-ordered months ago didn't even get their game much later. but that's because i live less than 10 miles from where they ship.

Shipping hasnt been an issue for me. I preordered Halo 3 way in advance for 45.98 and I receieved a confirmation email the saturday before halo 3 launch date. I received the game the day after it came out. So I was late to Finish the Fight but at prices like this compared to 64 bucks after tax I could care less. I live in the georgia are so it took about 3-5 days to ship because I got the 99 cent shipping. Depending how patient you are will depend how quick u want to receive it and you can always call them at family video to ask them about tax and shipping. I didnt have to pay tax and u may not either so check it out. I just preordered Mass Effect and Assasins Creed. Heavily recommend this service....

It's not gonna work for me anymore. I made like 3-4 accounts. And here what I got in the email on all my accounts:

It has come to our attention that you have redeemed the coupon for first-time
orders more than once. While we appreciate your business, please understand this special offer is good for first-time orders only.

Since this offer may have been confusing, we will honor all pending orders, but no
additional orders reflecting the first-time order discount will be fulfilled.

Please reply to this e-mail if you have any questions; we appreciate your
business and are genuinely interested in your feedback.

Thank you for choosing FamilyVideo.com as your choice for entertainment.

Your Friends at FamilyVideo.com

[quote name='trunks982']It's not gonna work for me anymore. I made like 3-4 accounts. And here what I got in the email on all my accounts:[/QUOTE]

yeah, I just tried the other $5 off NEWMEM5F on an existing account/second order and it didn't work.

But, I did get the $3 off NEWMEM3F to work on my existing account adding my creditcard info but not processing the order. They may warn people like trunks 982.

bread's done
Back