Familyvideo.com - Battlefield: Bad Company $29.95 used

It's pretty fun, and I didn't like Battlefield 2 for 360, but Call of Duty 4 makes every war FPS look a little crappier by comparison.

Does anyone else find it odd at how cheap family video sells these?

I mean damn.. this just came out and is still 59.99 everywhere else.. theyve gotta be offering like 12 bucks trade in value for games.. who would ever be that dumb to trade it in for that little?

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Does anyone else find it odd at how cheap family video sells these?

I mean damn.. this just came out and is still 59.99 everywhere else.. theyve gotta be offering like 12 bucks trade in value for games.. who would ever be that dumb to trade it in for that little?[/quote]
Yeah, I've been a little confused by it too. I've been tempted to order a game or two from them, but I've been afraid of getting a destroyed disc or something.

Long story short, Family Video is owned by some huge Real Estate investment firm and I hear that FV is just some sort of front isn't really meant to make any money. /shrug I've rented/bought from there and product quality doesn't seem to be an issue. Also to my knowledge they don't take in trades. It's just old rentals.

Nice find! Gonna go order it now. :)

Plus they have this:
smart-choice-pledge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good find. I'd order it but I think it's more of a rental to me. Plus, I haven't heard much from the game's online community, so it might just be a single player experience.

Still, $30 is solid, especially because it comes with box and instructions and is guaranteed.

[quote name='RudyPants']Good find. I'd order it but I think it's more of a rental to me. Plus, I haven't heard much from the game's online community, so it might just be a single player experience.

Still, $30 is solid, especially because it comes with box and instructions and is guaranteed.[/quote]

instructions guaranteed? unless i'm unaware of how familyvideo works, the item page itself says "Used Games do not include manuals" in bright red font

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']instructions guaranteed? unless i'm unaware of how familyvideo works, the item page itself says "Used Games do not include manuals" in bright red font[/quote]

I guess it does say that below, but in the upper right hand corner it says on a seal that manual and case are included - anybody know for sure?

EDIT: Whoops, my bad, it says studio art is included, not the manual. D'oh!

[quote name='Darklighter']This is tempting, but my 360 just RROD'ed...[/quote]

...which is why I still refuse to buy one.

[quote name='RudyPants']Good find. I'd order it but I think it's more of a rental to me. Plus, I haven't heard much from the game's online community, so it might just be a single player experience.

Still, $30 is solid, especially because it comes with box and instructions and is guaranteed.[/QUOTE]
The online is very good. You got it a bit mixed up. The game is more focused on multiplayer gameplay which is excellent and the single player is average.

[quote name='AwRy108']...which is why I still refuse to buy one.[/quote]
PS3 fanboy alert! Run to your caves people and avoid the cheeto dust, we are being invaded by Gamefaqs!

[quote name='mike.m']No manual, I'll pass.[/QUOTE]
I've actually seen some people report that the manual is included but I feel it isn't worth the risk. Go ahead and try though if you do want the game

[quote name='BIGDADDYJN']What's the big deal about the manual?[/QUOTE]
Most people like having games complete. I know some think it's stupid since you're still getting a game disc but I refuse to pay for an incomplete item

[quote name='AwRy108']...which is why I still refuse to buy one.[/quote]

Good for you, you tell Microsoft how it is! :lol: 3 year warranty, who cares? :roll:

[quote name='BIGDADDYJN']What's the big deal about the manual?[/quote]

I like to think that my games would have resale value since I don't trade them in usually. No manual means a lot less value and I highly doubt BF is something I'd keep after beating it since I play COD4 online religiously.

[quote name='oasisboy']Good for you, you tell Microsoft how it is! :lol: 3 year warranty, who cares? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Play nice now. Though the point is further restated by the price drop to $200 and used 20 gigs for $30, and you get a three year warranty on top of that? Out of warranty repairs are $100 and those might drop soon to. Theres no reason to not buy a 360 now unless your waiting for the 720 at this rate.

Anyways I didn't bite because of lack of manual. I'm a completionist whore along with achivement whore. I might buy this when it hits $20-$30 new everywhere just from the overwhelming good reviews about the online though.

Read this is you are upset about no manual:
You can always go to Gamestop, buy a used copy (in perfect condition, or as good as possible), and return the FamilyVideo copy back to Gamestop. Just an idea.

I know it says does not include manual, but 2 of the 4 games I got came complete. So I don't know. Free shipping was hella fast too. I will be ordering from them again since I don't really care about a manual. Plus Bad Company is well worth it. Like most I would've bought it if I didn't already own it. But to each his own.

Let's see, the resale value of the game goes up a couple bucks if the manual is included, yet several people here would rather pay $10+ more and pass up a deal because of a 50% chance it will be incomplete?

bread's done
Back