FamilyVideo.com Used Deals:Halo Wars-$30,SFIV-$30,GHMetallica-$30,Mercs2-$10

Family Video has some good used deals. As usual, probably no manuals. Shipping is 1.99

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/used_games.php

some highlights:

:360:360:

Guitar Hero Metallica
Halo Wars
Lord of the Rings:Conquest
Street Fighter IV

Madden NFL 09
Prince of Persia
Shaun White Snowboarding

007 Quantum of Solace

Lost Planet
Too Human

Forza 2
Stuntman

Mercenaries 2

Fantastic Four R.O.T.S.S.
NFL Tour
Pirates of the Caribbean
Spiderman 3

misc 07 sports
Bomberman
Project Syphleed

:wii:wii:

Mario Power Tennis-New Play Control

************************************************** ***************************************

Latest Updates:
5/19 added Halo Wars, Metalica, and dropped merc2
5/16 added May email promo code MAYSAVER for 10% off and updated prices
5/12 Lowered Madden09 to $20
4/27 Added free shipping
4/22 Added SFIV(30), Mario Tennis(20)
4/15 lowered Prince of Persia,SW SnowBoarding, and Animal Crossing City Folk to $20
4/1 Added LOTR:Conquest and dropped Mirrors edge
3/26 Updated stock and lowered prices
2/27 Updated Syphleed back, and TNA Impact @ $10
2/24 Updated with Need for Speed Undercover and Shaun White Snowboarding @$30.... meh

old thread is here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...t=family+video
************************************************** ***************************************

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic Four R.O.T.S.S.
Pirates of the Caribbean
Spiderman 3

They raised the prices on those, I got S3 for 3.99 and the other two for 4.99 a few months back.

Thanks OP. Fam video rocks for cheap used games, the prices are always really low and the condition is perfect.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']... no manuals...[/quote]
From my experience some have had manuals included. So you may get one, but they are not guaranteed.

[quote name='chimpian']anyone know of a free shipping coupon?
i know they used to float around quite a bit....[/quote]
i think it was like famvid30 or famvid03 but i dont think it works anymore

[quote name='perdition(troy']Fantastic Four R.O.T.S.S.
Pirates of the Caribbean
Spiderman 3

They raised the prices on those, I got S3 for 3.99 and the other two for 4.99 a few months back.[/quote]

Yeah, they did a price increase a few weeks ago on the low end games, and have since been slowly dropping again. :cry:

Stuntman and Forza 2 both were $6.oo before, then jumped to $15.00, now down to $13.00 :cry:

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']Thanks OP. Fam video rocks for cheap used games, the prices are always really low and the condition is perfect.

From my experience some have had manuals included. So you may get one, but they are not guaranteed.
[/quote]

Ya, I second what he said. The five games have come in perfect condition, not a scratch on them. And three of five came with manuals.

They must seriously adore the 360 with the insane amount of games they have for it. I'd be more than willing to pay those prices on a bunch of PS3 and Wii games. Unfortunately, unless I want Animal Crossing or a 2007 baseball title, I'm SOL.

Or the 360 has sold a ton more games than the ps3 so maybe they have a ton more copies to sell?

I bought two copies of mirror's edge at thirty, one for my friend, and neither came with instructions.
I have bought a ton of used ps2, xbox games from them, and more times than not they do not come with instructions.
But the conditions are usually near perfect.

[quote name='unclenebber']Or the 360 has sold a ton more games than the ps3 so maybe they have a ton more copies to sell?

I bought two copies of mirror's edge at thirty, one for my friend, and neither came with instructions.
I have bought a ton of used ps2, xbox games from them, and more times than not they do not come with instructions.
But the conditions are usually near perfect.[/quote]

I am aware that the 360 outsells games on the PS3 (well, in America at least which is relevant to us) but then that begs the question of Wii games. Wii software sells gangbusters yet they have one title. And I'm not really familiar with Family Video's model, but seeing as these are all used games, I'd assume them to be rental conversions, in which case I think sales are a bit more irrelevant.

I see places like BBV and Hollywood Video stocking roughly equal amounts for rental. Not really wanting to make this seem like I'm bashing the 360 and praising the PS3, but it's just laughably one-sided, considering the sales argument falls through pretty hard with the Wii's lack of offering.

And so I don't seem like just some rambling prick, I'd really recommend Mirror's Edge at $20, and give a decent recommendation to Prince of Persia. PoP can be a little repetitive, but playing in bursts makes the game a bit better. I and a friend split the cost of the Epilogue, and it's fairly fun trying to figure out the best and quickest way to get somewhere. I don't know about others, but I found Too Human to be a bit meh as I played it on my brother's 360 when both of us managed to simultaneously be at home. The controls just feel fairly awkward, though others might find them fine.

Well seeing as how the xbox 360 has probably sold twice as many games as the ps3, I would say that BBV and Hollywood video are the strange ones for stocking the same amount.

Gamecrazy, which is owned by HV, always has twice as many used xbox 360 games as ps3 games.
Oh, and the there are usually about 10 used Wii games, total.

Gamefly always has considerably more xbox 360 games than ps3 games for sale.

You're implying that Familyvideo adores the xbox 360 which is ridiculous.

All these damn companies need to stop caring about the console war, oh wait, they don't. You do.

On topic, these familyvideo prices will go down further so if you're on the fence, wait a few weeks.

for anyone concerned about missing the manual.. these prices are typically reflected in their B&M stores, so if you live near one, you could always run in and see if they have any in stock.

Also, i believe their return policy is 14 days so if you get one w/o you could always return i guess.

FWIW - i got mirrors edge from fam video when it was about $27 and i dont regret it

[quote name='unclenebber']Well seeing as how the xbox 360 has probably sold twice as many games as the ps3, I would say that BBV and Hollywood video are the strange ones for stocking the same amount.

Gamecrazy, which is owned by HV, always has twice as many used xbox 360 games as ps3 games.
Oh, and the there are usually about 10 used Wii games, total.

Gamefly always has considerably more xbox 360 games than ps3 games for sale.

You're implying that Familyvideo adores the xbox 360 which is ridiculous.

All these damn companies need to stop caring about the console war, oh wait, they don't. You do.

On topic, these familyvideo prices will go down further so if you're on the fence, wait a few weeks.[/quote]

I'm not really sure why you're attacking me. I was making a rather tongue-in-cheek comment regarding the rather high proportion of 360 games to PS3/Wii. I was just making an observation in an (obviously) bad attempt at humor. If you're offended by it, by all means PM me, as it was not my intent, but rather my way of addressing what I found to be a curious oddity. If I was really going to question them, I might just look at their PS2 vs. Xbox selection.

I'd rather not clutter this thread anymore with my banter, so hopefully they get a few more games in stock. I do miss their GameCube games though, as they had great prices on stuff like Tales of Symphonia when they had it.

just stop defending your factual inaccuracies and you'll get along better.

I've notice family video has cheaper prices in store on several used games, which is something you guys may want to check out.

[quote name='chimpian']anyone know of a free shipping coupon?
i know they used to float around quite a bit....[/quote]

Try freeship or freeshipping

Worked for me two months ago

Latest Update:
4/15
Lowered Prince of Persia (360), Shaun White Snowboarding (360), and Animal Crossing City Folk (Wii) all from $30 to $20.

Removed Mirrors Edge which may have sold out at $20.

I'm really tempted by PoP at 20...

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Latest Update:
4/15
Lowered Prince of Persia (360), Shaun White Snowboarding (360), and Animal Crossing City Folk (Wii) all from $30 to $20.

I'm really tempted by PoP at 20...[/QUOTE]
I would say go for it at $20. It isn't real long but the gameplay is enjoyable once you get use to it. Wellworth 20 but not much more than that. I played it already and I fun with it.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Latest Update:
4/15

I'm really tempted by PoP at 20...[/quote]

PoP is a steal at $20. The gameplay can get somewhat repetitive, but it's a great game to play for an hour or two, and then put it down. When you come back to it, it's incredibly fun again. Plus the Epilogue is fairly entertaining, though I'd probably hold off until it's $5 or less, as it's only 2 hours or so of additional gameplay.

My only real complaint I guess is that they removed a lot of the usual PoP combat, with the acrobatic fighting moves nad what not. Now it's just a bunch of combo-related stuff and context-sensitive blocking. The main draw is the platforming/puzzle elements, so I guess it's gotten more to platformer than platformer/fighter.

And I'm kind of tempted by Animal Crossing. I've never owned one before, but a friend of mine bought the GC version a few years ago. Seems like it might be entertaining at $20.

Picked up Pop and AC. Didn't want to risk them selling out at what seems like a very low price.

[quote name='supaet']picked up pop, thanks op.
anything special about the collector's edition for pop?[/quote]

It's not anything special. Cardboard box with fancy lettering, inside there is a CD (digital artbook, guide, and soundtrack) Nothing great. The art book being digital kind of irritated me. I like sitting down with tangible items and looking through them.

Animal Crossing is back up - I ordered one a few minutes ago, used at $20. Prince of Persia seems to be around @$20 also...I was really tempted to get that also but I just bought a slew of games from the blockbuster sale...argh

Some of their used games come with manuals. They say that to cover their arses. Probably not, but probably a third I've bought from them have.

Mario Power Tennis is kind of tempting with the price being pretty comparable (even less in some cases like at GameStop) than its GC original.

Just somewhat hesitant because the reviews I read on it kept harping on the fact that the controls were actually a bit better on the GameCube. It had something to do with the body swings and how they changed them up. I did play for a minute or two at a demo kiosk in Best Buy, but that wasn't really enough to get the full experience, though I don't know how much I like it that power shots are automatically used.

I could rent it and try first I guess, but considering a rental is like $6-7, I could just basically double it and get this.

Hate asking, but if anyone's actually played both, would love some input.

And wow at SFIV already. A ton of 360 owners should jump on this. It brings back a heck of a lot of childhood memories. This, MvC2 (coming soon to a PSN or XBL near you), and SSF2T = fighter heaven.

I placed an online order earlier this morning and now my order status says "Marked for Review"
Does anyone know what does that mean?

Thanks

I picked up prince of persia 3 weeks ago at the store. They usually drop the prices at my store when they do on the site. That way I make sure I get a book.

bread's done
Back