Fan of old school Nickelodeon? Good News!

bluetoast

CAGiversary!
All this month, Nickelodeon is showing classic shows on at 5:30 eastern.

So far, they've shown Hey Dude, You Can't Do That on Television, Salute Your Shorts and a few others.

You can vote over on nick.com if you're interested.

These are good times, since most of these shows, I saw as a little kid, and haven't seen in years.

Only negative thing is, crap shows like Nick Cannon are also in the running (and Angry Beavers too).

Good news? Pete and Pete is winning the vote for tomorrow.

So let's talk about old nick!

Nickelodeon GAS my friend, a channel completely dedicated to old school Nick shows... Dosen't show the old school series that you mentioned though. Mostly game shows and the like.

Yeah I have that channel, but I never really gave it a look. The game shows are cool too, but I love the actual shows too.

omfg remember budnick and the whole crew from salute your shorts.... hahah and pete the plumber omg i cannot wait to see this shit! u have no idea how much i miss that show

You Can't Do That On Television rocked. Slime, water, Ross, locker jokes, "this is just the introduction to the opposites."

MmmmmmmmmmmmBarfyburgers...

The Pete and Pete Opening theme ruled.

Hey smilin strange, you're lookin happily deranged
@##$%^&&*(),.....;';-0&^$#@ [unknown line]
And have you picked your target yet, Hey Sandy ai yai yai yai...
Dont you talk back, Hey Sandy
Four feet away, end of speech its the end of the day
We was only funnin', but guiltily I thought
you had it comin', Hey Sandy,
Don't ya talk back, Hey Sandy

And all anyone remembers is teh ai yai yai yai

The unknown line is now known. It is:

"Can you settle to shoot me"

I thought it was

"Can we settle this in bed"

either way it was said to be inappropriate so they didn't really say it clearly haha.

I always loved it whenever they played a game which I owned, then I could proceed to yell at the kids for playing horribly. I always wondered how the "boss battle" if you will, at the end of each show worked.

Some of the new nicktoons are ok. Invader Zim was really funny for the short time it ran, and Fairly OddParents wasn't too bad. I'm not a big fan of Spongebob though, although it might just be because I hate the fact that everyone else goes nuts for it. I just want my original 3 nicktoons back. I want Doug. I want a Nick version of Ren and Stimpy. I want Rugrats back when it was cool and just 4 babies and Angelica. Rocko was also very funny, I want that back also, or at least get it released on DVD.

Yeah, come to think of it, Sony or EyeToy or whatever should release the end games from Nick Arcade (or at least knockoffs, since it'd be hard to climb stairs in your game room).

I'm not sure I'd want to do that, I don't want to have to jump to avoid the glowing energy balls shot by the ugly fat dude in the green shoulder pads. On second thought....what am I talking about, I would love that, especially if they did one with the genie level (which strangely enough, was the backdrop for the worst nightmare I've ever had).

if you turn ur TV to Nick. during the day, your chances of seeing Sponge Bob, or the Amanda Show, or that other show thats stupid as shit, are very high..

i'm not dissin on sponge bob lol that shows kinda funny sometimes... but those other shows are stupid as hell... they might as well just have 30 minute increments of a stupid kid hittin himself in the head with a 2x4

Yeah, I caught Salute Your Shorts the other day. I believe it was the first episode. Nick used to kick so much ass, but I think ever since Angry Beavers came on, it went downhill and I stopped watching. I feel bad for the "Nick Kids" of today.

I think if you asked people my age who watched nickelodeon who the most recognizable person was when we were really young, it would probably have to be Marc Summer. He was on both Double Dare and What Would You Do and was a hero to kids everywhere (well, maybe not).

I'm up for seeing some "Hey Dude"! I loved that show when I was younger... Ok, it was probably because I had a huge crush on the girl that played Melody. Still do, actually. She's still hot. She married Ben Stiller, though. Of course, since she's in Dodgeball, I may just have to see it. :) Here's her imdb page.

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0852132/

[quote name='jeffispiked']I think if you asked people my age who watched nickelodeon who the most recognizable person was when we were really young, it would probably have to be Marc Summer. He was on both Double Dare and What Would You Do and was a hero to kids everywhere (well, maybe not).[/quote]

Marc Summers owns! Especially when you realize that he has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It kinda explains why he usually seemed so clean on Double Dare... It probably took a lot of willpower to not freak out over the messes.

Of course, if you remember Marc, you should probably remember Robin the stagehand. She was cool.

i believe it was "what would u do" where at the end they would let you use ur tokens to get shit out of the doors on the walls...

i used to laugh my ass off when some kid would be all happy he got a token and open the door and get a pie in the face... lmao..

[quote name='Cracka']i believe it was "what would u do" where at the end they would let you use ur tokens to get shit out of the doors on the walls...

i used to laugh my ass off when some kid would be all happy he got a token and open the door and get a pie in the face... lmao..[/quote]

lol I remember that. Yeah, Marc Summers is the man. He's on History Channel and Food Network these days.

I remember watching episodes of Salute Your Shorts, Welcome Freshmen, and Hey Dude. Those shows have to be put on DVD someday, I'd definitely buy Salute Your Shorts.

At least one other person remembers Welcome Freshmen, that was a great show.

I caught You Can't do That on Television on Tuesday, those silly communists. Good stuff.

i'm not sure if this show was that Welcome Freshman show or not..

but it was a really weird show.. had kids that did random ass skits..

they ate a cafeteria where this nasty ass man made food and then after they ate, they'd always puke and shit..

is that Welcome Freshman?

I was all about Ahh real monsters! and Doug with the strange che-ka-ta-ba ish noises for every scene transition. Ever since disney took doug away it went to hell.

doesnt it seem like MTV and Nick went to hell at around the same time? and arent they both owned by viacom? i know MTV is, not sure about nickelodeon though. im sure it is though, they can screw up anything.

Yeah, Viacom owns them too. Viacom owns too much actually. CBS, Comedy Central, VH-1, BET, Spike TV, Showtime, UPN...it all scrolls through their website :roll:

I found every episode of Pete and Pete on my school's network about a year ago...somebody thought to log them digitally. Much like Family Matters or Saved By The Bell, it's not as good as I remembered, though.

omfg remember budnick and the whole crew from salute your shorts.... hahah and pete the plumber omg i cannot wait to see this shit! u have no idea how much i miss that show

it's actually "Zeke" the plumber, fyi.
i loved these old shows! my favorite was "are you afraid of the dark" good show!

Pete and pete comes on Noggin with Daria. Which kicks ass. Welcome Freshman was ok, but YCDTOT and Salute Your Shorts was cool. Hey Dude was subpar. Nick arcade could work now.

Artie, the Strongest Man in the World!!

Its really funny how the show YCDTOT was actually Canadian, Nick in the 80s was pretty much different kid shows from other countries. and we see nowadays that the whole "slime" and "gak" were borrowed concepts from Canadian TV. :)

Cheers!

Havok

i'm ARTIE... the strongest maaan..... in the woooorld..

ren and stimpy is on spike tv... not sure if it comes on that channel all the time or what..

I'd be all over these if they were released on dvd, in this order:

Rocko's Modern Life - easily one of the best cartoons ever

Hey Dude - Melody > you :p

Pete & Pete - Arty - 'nuff said ;)

Two Words: NICK ARCADE!

Move Mikey to the Left!

*doot doot do du do doot doot do du du*

I loved the made-up songs that guy would sing when the kids were going over to play the games.

"We're go-in' over to play a ga-ame" - lol

Rockos Modern Life the bomb. I still remember that classic episode in Rockos where that vacumn cleaner ate the city.. and that Santa Clause one.. ahh, the good old times. It was my favorite show back then. I used to remember watching that and Ren and Stimpy when I was a kid, years ago.. also some classic Rugrats reruns...

lol, I still though remember watching that show, I think it was called "Alone in the Dark", where those weirdos told scary stories. I used to think it was real when I was about 6 years old. Scared the bejeezus out of me. :imwithst:

[quote name='gamefreak117']
lol, I still though remember watching that show, I think it was called "Alone in the Dark", where those weirdos told scary stories. I used to think it was real when I was about 6 years old. [/quote]

Oh yeah, "Are You Afraid of the Dark?". Almost forgot about that one. The stories weren't even scary lol. Probably cuz I was older when it was on.

It'd be great to get some of our classic series on DVD, but Nick doesn't seem to be interested in hopping on the tv-show DVD bandwagon. I'd like to see Salute Your Shorts, Pete and Pete, Clarissa Explains It All, and even Rocko's Modern Life (my fave was 'Zanzibar', the musical episode, "You can't fight city hall!") :p There were so many great shows...

I only miss rockos modern life from the old nick, it its place i substitiuted spongebob and invader zim. They took zim off (what were they thinking). So Im a little frustrated with nick in general.

Hey Dude... jesus christ that show was horrible. The only thing on Nick that was good... ever... was Ren & Stimpy. And now I kind of think that's stupid too.

Come to think of it, what was that sparkly crap that the kids throw in the fire? I'd want to do that. Just all of a sudden throw that crap in the fire and say "Ninja Vanish!"

[quote name='jeffispiked']The Pete and Pete Opening theme ruled.

Hey smilin strange, you're lookin happily deranged
@##$%^&&*(),.....;';-0&^$#@ [unknown line]
And have you picked your target yet, Hey Sandy ai yai yai yai...
Dont you talk back, Hey Sandy
Four feet away, end of speech its the end of the day
We was only funnin', but guiltily I thought
you had it comin', Hey Sandy,
Don't ya talk back, Hey Sandy

And all anyone remembers is teh ai yai yai yai[/quote]
ahahahahahaaa~~!!!

the unknown line!!

there's a website somewhere dedicated to the unknown line, they say it was blurred out on TV coz it was a drug referrence or something...

btw, Nickelodeon's idea of "Classic Nick" is ass. they fail to recognize a lot more obscure shows they had on and only go for the big ones like Salute your Shorts, Clarissa, etc.

someone mentioned Welcome Freshman, but where's Roundhouse, Out of Control, My Brother and Me, Are You Afraid of the Dark, so on...

bread's done
Back