Fanatical Thread

Under 12 hours left at the current price...

The Underground Bundle ~$2.00 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Bionic Dues
  • Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle
  • Gravity Badgers
  • Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead
  • Kairo
  • Knytt Underground
[/customspoiler]

You get out your ninja and either whistle them and wait around a corner or go stealth and get up close. Once they are in range, use your 1000 damage shotgun. I still agree that they're really cheap though. You have to watch every enemy to make sure they can't one shot you
Good to know if I ever go back to it...which I probably won't. For some reason I'm more okay with just being bad at a game than I am people selling a game that's broken. Still kinda a dick move on level 2 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hacker Bundle - $2.99

• Hacker Evolution
  • Hacker Evolution: Hardcore Package 1
  • Hacker Evolution: Untold 
  • Hacker Evolution: Untold - Hardcore Package 1 
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality 
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality - Inception Part 1
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality - Inception Part 2 
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality - Inception Part 3 
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality - Hardcore Package 1 
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality - Hardcore Package 2 
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality - Hacker Bootcamp

New bundle...

The Hacker Bundle ~$3.00 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Hacker Evolution
  • Hacker Evolution Duality
[/customspoiler]

New bundle...

The Hacker Bundle ~$3.00 [customspoiler=Includes]

• Hacker Evolution
  • Hacker Evolution Duality
[/customspoiler]
y u let sqrl beat u

I already have Evolution, Duality and Untold plus most of the DLC.  Still missing HE:HP1, HEU:HP1, HED:HP2 and HED: Bootcamp.  I don't know that I am missing much since I have yet to play any of the Hacker games.

I keep seeing this series come up but I don't know jack about it. What kind of game is it? RPG? Adventure? Text adventure? Visual novel?

It says "hacking simulation," but the only thing I can figure out from that is 2code4me.

Haven't bought a BS in a while because of all the repeats. Great prices, but I won't drop a few bucks on a bundle just for a single non-repeat.

I keep seeing this series come up but I don't know jack about it. What kind of game is it? RPG? Adventure? Text adventure? Visual novel?

It says "hacking simulation," but the only thing I can figure out from that is 2code4me.
The first two games are actually "hacking simulators", just with a plot/story added to them via missions, so you're not just hacking for no reason. Most of the gameplay is through a command line, but there are other elements (you upgrade your computer and stuff).

Don't worry though, you don't have to be a master coder to get it (there's tutorials and stuff).

Here's gameplay of the sequel, Untold (the original is more of the same), skip to 3:30 in the video, the LPer goes a bit slow, but just hang in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt3NrcIsjWk

Duality's a little different. It drops some of the realism for more fun, getting rid of the command line stuff. Here's a review -> http://www.neowin.net/news/review-hacker-evolution-duality

and here's some gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZX8ryx5wIo

I think the bundle is a pretty good value for $3 since it comes with all the DLCs aside from the music packs from each of the three games (BundleStars said there were legal/licensing issues so they couldn't include them, but the music for Untold is currently 50% off on Steam), and all the items included normally cost over $60 (the bundle on Steam just for the 3 games plus part ONE of the major DLC for Duality is $30).

But don't take my word for it, each of the three games has their own demo, so there you go.

If you like it, other hacking games I'd recommend are Uplink, and the free flash game Lego Spybotics: The Nightfall Incident.

I know this is a double post, but while checking for info on the Hacker Bundle, I found out that the Blaze of Glory bundle is being removed in 35 hours.

Blaze of Glory Bundle is $3.50 and includes:

• Commander: Conquest of the Americas Gold
  • WWIII: Black Gold
  • KnightShift
  • East India Company - Gold Edition
  • WWII Panzer Claws 1 & 2
  • Pirates of Black Cove - Gold Edition
All are Steam keys, and all are Windows-only (unless you get something like WINE).

If you like it, other hacking games I'd recommend are Uplink, and the free flash game Lego Spybotics: The Nightfall Incident.
I actually have Uplink in my backlog from some bundle or other. I guess I'll try one of those demos, see what I think. Thanks for the detailed account!

Since the comparison to Uplink came up, I have to ask how similar the Hacker Evolution games are.  Uplink was very unintuitive in the early game and had some strict time limits on story missions, to the point where you might not actually realize there was a story.  But it was also enough fun that I played it through for different endings.  Given that I already have base Duality with no DLC, should I pick this bundle up or skip it?

I actually have Uplink in my backlog from some bundle or other. I guess I'll try one of those demos, see what I think. Thanks for the detailed account!
No problem. Tell us your impressions if you don't mind.

Since the comparison to Uplink came up, I have to ask how similar the Hacker Evolution games are. Uplink was very unintuitive in the early game and had some strict time limits on story missions, to the point where you might not actually realize there was a story. But it was also enough fun that I played it through for different endings. Given that I already have base Duality with no DLC, should I pick this bundle up or skip it?
Well, I've posted gameplay of the second game (the first one is pretty much the same thing) and noted that Duality plays completely differently. I believe the guy in the video for Untold mentions Uplink. Uplink is similar to Hacker Evolution except instead of all that clicking, there's a lot of typing. I think you would enjoy both classic Hacker Evo games if you liked Uplink.

As for whether or not the bundle is worth it? Well, it's $3, and you'd be getting both Hacker Evo games, the Hardcore DLC for each game, and you'd be getting the Inception expansion (it's in three parts, and ports all the levels from the original two games into Duality's engine) for Duality, as well as the two hardcore packs, and a "bootcamp" DLC.

The way I'd break down the price in your situation is:

$1 - Hacker Evolution Complete (Base game + hardcore DLC) - $13 value before sales

$1 - Hacker Evolution: Untold Complete (Base game + hardcore DLC) - $13 value before sales

$1 - Hacker Evolution Duality DLC Pack (All 3 Inception DLCs, Both Hardcore DLCs, and boot-camp) - $18 value before sales

(Total is $44 before sales, so $3 is more than 90% off)

Since 2/3rds of the value is based on the original two games, I'd recommend you play both demos and see what you think. As for the DLC for Duality, it's more of the same (but it's a LOT of content), so if you enjoyed the base game, the DLC is worth it, no question.

As for the lack of the music pack for each of the three games, it's $3 each for the first two games (the one for Untold is currently on sale for $1.50), and $5 for Duality. But unless you've got DLC OCD they're skippable as they're not really worth it for the price. 90% off sale would be nice though.. :p

Well, I've posted gameplay of the second game (the first one is pretty much the same thing) and noted that Duality plays completely differently. I believe the guy in the video for Untold mentions Uplink. Uplink is similar to Hacker Evolution except instead of all that clicking, there's a lot of typing. I think you would enjoy both classic Hacker Evo games if you liked Uplink.
Good enough for me. Given that it's separate keys, I'll definitely pick this one up and figure out what to do with an extra copy of Duality later. Thanks.

I know this is a double post, but while checking for info on the Hacker Bundle, I found out that the Blaze of Glory bundle is being removed in 35 hours.

Blaze of Glory Bundle is $3.50 and includes:

• Commander: Conquest of the Americas Gold
  • WWIII: Black Gold
  • KnightShift
  • East India Company - Gold Edition
  • WWII Panzer Claws 1 & 2
  • Pirates of Black Cove - Gold Edition
All are Steam keys, and all are Windows-only (unless you get something like WINE).
I've been passing over this bundle since it came out. There's no single "gotta have" title and no cards either.

I've been passing over this bundle since it came out. There's no single "gotta have" title and no cards either.
Understandable. I got a few keys from the bundle from a nice CAG so I don't feel too bad missing out. However, the Metacritic scores for the titles in the bundle are surprisingly high, at least.

Commander: Conquest of Americas Gold Edition -> 68 (Also has achievements)

WWIII: Black Gold -> 71

KnightShift -> N/A

East India Company Gold Edition -> 67

WW2 Panzer Claws -> 61

Pirates of Black Cove: Gold Edition -> 56 (Also has achievements)

Understandable. I got a few keys from the bundle from a nice CAG so I don't feel too bad missing out. However, the Metacritic scores for the titles in the bundle are surprisingly high, at least.

Commander: Conquest of Americas Gold Edition -> 68 (Also has achievements)
WWIII: Black Gold -> 71
KnightShift -> N/A
East India Company Gold Edition -> 67
WW2 Panzer Claws -> 61
Pirates of Black Cove: Gold Edition -> 56 (Also has achievements)
The only one of those I've played is Pirates of Black Cove, but it is stupidly fun. Of course, you could probably find a spare key from someone in the trade thread. Like me, perhaps.

I'm looking at the neo:retro bundle... I kind of want Inquisitor... but everything else... I don't know. I loved Arkania back then, but I don't know, it feels it didn't aged too good. Jets N' guns looks great, but I don't think I'll play it more than an hour. 3079 and 3089 are games I won't ever play. Universe sandbox looks 2deep4me. Already have Ethan and don't know anything about Chronicles of Mystery.

Any thoughts?

Well, I played Universe Sandbox a while back. It was entertaining for a couple of minutes. To get more out of it, I'd have to know more about how to operate the simulation. Also, I'd have to care. Don't buy the bundle for that game unless you're an astronomy sim nerd. 

Other than that, backlog+8. 

Well, I played Universe Sandbox a while back. It was entertaining for a couple of minutes. To get more out of it, I'd have to know more about how to operate the simulation. Also, I'd have to care. Don't buy the bundle for that game unless you're an astronomy sim nerd.

Other than that, backlog+8.
I haven't played it yet, but this is the reason I haven't. Just felt like that type of game. I still haven't been able to get into Gary's Mod and that one is a lot less...abstract than this one.

Commander: Conquest of Americas Gold Edition -> 68 (Also has achievements) --> Snooze fest

WWIII: Black Gold -> 71--> very old game play and fugly by today standard. Waste your time on RUSE or World of Conflict instead

KnightShift -> N/A --> another shovelware. Gift this to the lurkers :p

East India Company Gold Edition -> 67 --> Try Anno series.. even the old ones blow this one out of the water

WW2 Panzer Claws -> 61 --> an earlier release of WWIII Black Gold. Outdated mechanic & graphically fugly x2

Pirates of Black Cove: Gold Edition -> 56 (Also has achievements) --> the only "decent, less than garbage" of the bunch. I would suggest you play Sid Meier's Pirates instead. After 15 min of gameplay, it get REALLY repetitive & the AI is dumb as a brick

Extreme Sims Bundle 2 - $4.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Roller Coaster Rampage 
  • RACE: The WTCC Game + Caterham Expansion 
  • Professional Farmer 2014 
  • Air Conflicts: Vietnam 
  • Bridge Project 
  • Towtruck Simulator 2015 
  • Warehouse and Logistics Simulator 
  • World of Zoo 
  • Pole Position 2012 
  • Ride 'em Low
[/customspoiler]

Wow that is a really solid bundle.  Roller Coaster Rampage and Air Conflicts Vietnam are the ones I'm interested in but I won't say no to Towtruck Simulator and Warehouse Simulator for my steam account.

All I have from the Sims 2 bundle is Ride 'Em Low, which is terrible. Kind of tempted to buy it for the rest though, but all I really need is Race WTCC + Caterham expansion.

I'd swear that Air Conflicts is a repeat - that image+colour seems familiar, and I thought that RACE was (supposedly not after talking to spoder.)
Air Conflicts: Secret Wars was in Indie Gala 6 and the Superpower Sims bundle. Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers was in the Humble BitComposer Weekly and the Superfly Indie Bundle, but AC: Vietnam has not been previously bundled.

Similarly, RACE On and RACE Injection were in previous bundles, but I can't find any mention of RACE WTCC w. Caterham.

I could swear that Race game was in some bundle(s) but admittedly there's like 20 iterations of it.
I'm pretty sure at least a few of those overlapped, too.

Air Conflicts: Secret Wars was in Indie Gala 6 and the Superpower Sims bundle. Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers was in the Humble BitComposer Weekly and the Superfly Indie Bundle, but AC: Vietnam has not been previously bundled.
Yes, I know that - but neither of those use that colour in their images.

My kids loved world of zoo on their wii. Maybe I should buy it for their steam account. I'm interested in roller coaster and pole position. Maybe air conflicts to complete my collection

Commander: Conquest of Americas Gold Edition -> 68 (Also has achievements) --> Snooze fest

WWIII: Black Gold -> 71--> very old game play and fugly by today standard. Waste your time on RUSE or World of Conflict instead

KnightShift -> N/A --> another shovelware. Gift this to the lurkers :p

East India Company Gold Edition -> 67 --> Try Anno series.. even the old ones blow this one out of the water

WW2 Panzer Claws -> 61 --> an earlier release of WWIII Black Gold. Outdated mechanic & graphically fugly x2

Pirates of Black Cove: Gold Edition -> 56 (Also has achievements) --> the only "decent, less than garbage" of the bunch. I would suggest you play Sid Meier's Pirates instead. After 15 min of gameplay, it get REALLY repetitive & the AI is dumb as a brick
I could believe that, unfortunately you posted about a day after the bundle ended.. Haha. But it's not like any actual CAGs were in danger of buying it.

ANYONE want to sell Air conflict Vietnam to me? I have paypal
Sure. I'm assuming you're buying it for $5? ;)

I could believe that, unfortunately you posted about a day after the bundle ended.. Haha. But it's not like any actual CAGs were in danger of buying it.

Sure. I'm assuming you're buying it for $5? ;)
eh.. $5 is too rich for my blood since I don't have time for all 10 games.. I would pay $0.75 for air conflict Vietnam out of the 10 games

eh.. $5 is too rich for my blood since I don't have time for all 10 games.. I would pay $0.75 for air conflict Vietnam out of the 10 games
47670751.jpg

Sims are awesome!

And by awesome I mean they give me GI distress. Like 5lb sugar free Gummi bear distress.

Still...bought. (Mainly for Ride 'em Low. I hear that game is worth $5 all by it's lonesome.)

Bundle Stars also has a sale on some DLC from games in the bundle:

Yes, Warehouse & Logistics Simulator has a [customspoiler='zombies'][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwvS3cLVmCc[/youtube][/customspoiler] mode.
fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

In a good way. Damn it, zombie mode is on sale already? I will wait til 75% off. I paid .60 cents for the Pro Farmer DLC on GG to get the free Industry Giants 2 Gold Edition last week. I future proof my hoard.

bread's done
Back