Fanatical Thread

Just because it's BiTwhatever's first time being bundled doesn't make it that special. A game like this will be bundled 5 or 6 more times before the end of this year.

There's no standout, this bundle is all just generic bundle fodder, and they'll all be bundled again at some point. Let's see, we got a couple of pixel platformers, a shmup, a low budget arcade racing/flying game, an endless runner, an "art" game, and a music game. All we're missing is the RPGmaker game and maybe throw in a shitty war-strategy game, or a space 4x game and you'll have the whole package.
I don't know about everyone else.. but the reason Bit Evolution is the standout for me is cuz it looks similar to Life of Pixel, which I enjoyed. There aren't many games like that on Steam aside from maybe Evoland. So yeah, in a way.. that makes it special and a standout.

From what I've played of it, it's not bad at all.. but lacking content currently due to being in early access

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about everyone else.. but the reason Bit Evolution is the standout for me is cuz it looks similar to Life of Pixel, which I enjoyed. There aren't many games like that on Steam aside from maybe Evoland. So yeah, in a way.. that makes it special and a standout.

From what I've played of it, it's not bad at all.. but lacking content currently due to being in early access
it looks special to me because its not in my library

I'm with Zenii. Down with this bundle! I own 3 already, 5 games for $2.50 is pretty poor when none of them look like anything I'd play. I'm certain I'll own all those games in better bundles by the end of the year.

You mean like how BundleStars put all those SimBin race games in all those bundles one at a time instead of putting them all in one bundle?

Bastardos!

... and then after a month or two they put all those SimBin race games in one bundle :wall:
First+World+Problems+Milk+and+Cookies.+Them+darm+first_419d89_3174805.jpg
So you agree it's a huge problem then?

Ending 2/12
Reboot Bundle 10 - $2.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • 8BitBoy
  • Fortix 2
  • Ignite
  • Jet Car Stunts
  • Residue: Final Cut
  • Rush for Glory
  • SOL: Exodus
  • Space Farmers 2 Pack
  • Vector
  • Xotic Complete
[/customspoiler]

Ending 2/13
Touchdown Bundle - $1.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Bloodbath
  • Chicken Shoot Gold
  • Ducati World Championship
  • Foosball - Street Edition
  • Front Page Sports Football
  • GAUGE
  • Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition
  • New Star Soccer 5
[/customspoiler]

Damn, you are right on top of these deals in every thread! I hope you don't burn out like a certain squirrel I know.

Damn, you are right on top of these deals in every thread! I hope you don't burn out like a certain squirrel I know.
Like Def Leppard said "it's better to burn out, than fade awayyyyyyyyyyy".

They also said "Love is like a bomb, baby, c'mon get it on ... Livin' like a lover with a red IPhone". It doesn't apply as well here but they're cool lyrics.

Ending 2/17
Apocalypse Bundle - $4.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Afterfall Reconquest: Episode 1
  • AX:EL
  • bit Dungeon II
  • Claire
  • Evoland
  • Madballs in… Babo:Invasion
  • Meridian: New World
  • The Nightmare Cooperative
  • Pineview Drive
  • Sideway New York
  • Verde Station
[/customspoiler]

Necro'd with benefits...

The Hacker Bundle - $2.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Hacker Evolution
  • Hacker Evolution: Hardcore Package 1
  • Hacker Evolution: Hardcore Package 2 [New]
  • Hacker Evolution: Untold
  • Hacker Evolution: Untold - Hardcore Package 1
  • Hacker Evolution: Untold - Hardcore Package 2 [New]
  • Hacker Evolution Duality
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality - Inception Part 1
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality - Inception Part 2
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality - Inception Part 3
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality - Hardcore Package 1
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality - Hardcore Package 2
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality - Hacker Bootcamp
[/customspoiler]

Meh, the Hacker bundle on DIG was much better (came with all the music DLCs). And cheaper, iirc. It also ended up free with purchase of one of their other bundles since it sold so spectacularly bad.

Of course I bought the bundle on BundleStars before the additions happened.  :wall:

For anyone who remotely wants those Hacker games that doesn't have them by now

UAkCqDq.gif

Seriously, they make Cognition and The Cat Lady look like bundle virgins. That shit's probably discounted as much as Magicka. If you don't have it by now just GTFO the planet.

Are any of the Hacker games actually good? I remember trying one back in the day and being unimpressed with the clunky design. The only hacking game I remember being excellent was Uplink....oh man how much time I spent on that. It actually improved my typing speed a bit.

For anyone who remotely wants those Hacker games that doesn't have them by now

UAkCqDq.gif

Seriously, they make Cognition and The Cat Lady look like bundle virgins. That shit's probably discounted as much as Magicka. If you don't have it by now just GTFO the planet.
I don't have any... but It's because I don't care about them ;)

There are too many indistinguishable Hacker Evolution games and DLCs to keep things straight. It's a very confusing game series to own for which I've paid very little attention towards. A quick look on Steam and I own the three base games but I'm missing 8 of the DLCs. 

:whee:

Trinity Bundle up:

$2.49 gets you:

Pixel Boy and the Ever Expanding Dungeon
Stronghold 3 Gold
iO
Revenge of the Titans
Nam
Eradicator 
Terrain Saga
Sentinel
 Legends of Aethereus
Shiny the Firefly

Well two of those are as old as dirt and I own four of these. Terrian Saga is on my wishlist though and the +6 math works out. I think the lower pricepoint makes this one a good buy for me.

Ugh, want that pixel boy game...but only need 3 of these.  I also picked up Nam and Eradicator last year because of my 90's shooter (and build engine in particular) fetish.  So you're welcome.

Only want Pixelboy, NAM and Eradicator....will wait for a Monday bundle or something. Of those only Pixelboy is on the wishlist though I love old school FPS games.

I kinda want Stronghold 3.  I know it has horrible reviews, so I don't want to actually pay much for it.  This bundle might be the way.  Maybe.  I'll have to think about it.

I kinda want Stronghold 3. I know it has horrible reviews, so I don't want to actually pay much for it. This bundle might be the way. Maybe. I'll have to think about it.
We can split the bundle....the 3 games I mentioned above...you get the rest...we can decide a price.

The majority of the negative reviews claim the devs have abandoned the game. I just find it funny that they've gotten it into a bundle.
That pretty much sums up most indie multiplayer games - dead, abandoned, and in a bundle to grab whatever cash they can.

That pretty much sums up most indie multiplayer games - dead, abandoned, and in a bundle to grab whatever cash they can.
I do hate to say but multiplayer + indie without local multiplayer....is almost always a bad idea. You pretty much have to coordinate everyone getting on if you want to play those.

The majority of the negative reviews claim the devs have abandoned the game. I just find it funny that they've gotten it into a bundle.
At the rate they're all doing bundles these days, if the bundle sites limited themselves to games with relatively good reviews they'd have run out of games to bundle a long time ago. It's just par for the course now.

I do hate to say but multiplayer + indie without local multiplayer....is almost always a bad idea. You pretty much have to coordinate everyone getting on if you want to play those.
Multiplayer only/primarily indie in general is a bad idea. Local multiplayer on the PC is not a huge thing. HTPCs are still really niche and not that many people are going to cram around a laptop or a desk.

Really, an indie game needs to have a decent single player campaign or be relatively well designed for single player play (ie not bots) for me to give it interest. It can have multiplayer on the side but if that's the main thrust then usually I'm just not interested.

I kinda want Stronghold 3. I know it has horrible reviews, so I don't want to actually pay much for it. This bundle might be the way. Maybe. I'll have to think about it.
I'm in the same boat. I looked at this bundle and thought, "Hey, this could be my ticket to getting a cheap Stronghold 3." And then I looked at everything else in it and realized I either had or didn't want literally every other game. So then I'm back to paying $2.50 for Stronghold 3, which is the seasonal sale price on Steam, so . . . .

Stronghold 3 is really, really, really bad. Like wolves climbing ladders bad. Although they did at least patch that eventually, but still. Really? Do you not play your own game before you ship it?

Like wolves climbing ladders bad.
At first I thought "Does he mean like poor AI/pathing that allows wolves to use ladders? Or does he mean, as bad as actually hiding from a wolf in an attic and finding out it could climb ladders?"

Then I figured it was bad either way. But I like the second one better.

bread's done
Back