Fanatical Thread

I was actually holding off on buying some bundles because I felt like there would be a coupon coming, guess now I just have to wait..

I didn't get a code on my main account (which I've bought a bundle on recently..), but got one on my alt account that I haven't bought anything on in 6+ months.
Curse me for buying stuff from them every 6 months (no really before this I bought the Lego build a bundle in November or something?).

I bought that and another one or two late last year and got a code.
Same here. I bought a few bundles from them in late Nov/Dec (Indie Legends 5, Spectre, and that Dollar Mega bundle) and still received the 15% off code this week. Before that I did take 3 months off buying nothing from Aug. to late Nov.

and that's why you should shop with YanniC and co.  We approve your order instantly

thomas-c00084eb49f1261869136647c6e2977496b7719810a60b84dcd822adf6401f75.jpg

Not just that, YanniC and co. will kindly accept payments up to one year in advance of a product being available (Be Mine annual sub).

Am I the only one who sees this and thinks it's just sad how crappy the quality of games on Steam is when they can sell them for like 2 cents each?  And we thought things were bad when devs were settling for .10 to .20 per game in IG bundles?

Pretty sure those games are by the same publisher who put out that Feminazi game.  Not the same developers, but the same publisher.  I remember the mustache game and $1 Ride when I looked.  That's not to imply that it should factor into anyone's bundle buying decision -- at the point where you've decided to buy another fifty shit games "for the cards" or "for +1s", we're past worrying about the content.  More of a smirk about the game itself being just more worthless effluent churn put out primarily to make the publisher some card money, a penny at a time.

Ah yes, "Back to Basics" Gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure those games are by the same publisher who put out that Feminazi game. Not the same developers, but the same publisher. I remember the mustache game and $1 Ride when I looked. That's not to imply that it should factor into anyone's bundle buying decision -- at the point where you've decided to buy another fifty shit games "for the cards" or "for +1s", we're past worrying about the content. More of a smirk about the game itself being just more worthless effluent churn put out primarily to make the publisher some card money, a penny at a time.

Ah yes, "Back to Basics" Gaming.
the Pug game was pretty fun if you are into the genre.

And all 46 games for under a Trumpen buck.

This will make YanniC and Co. cry, whine and scream "racist" all day long

That dollar bundle seems like something Groupees would presell for $21 and then deliver to you over the course of a year.

Without the synthwave bonuses.

So much stuff....and some RPGMaker stuff...i'll but it when I get home haha. I also think I actually have that Kivi and Shotgun on my wishlist (though it's likely terrible).

I can't wait for those games to show up on Tremor, mainly out of curiosity. 45 coins is the lowest amount for any game currently. Any takers on the over/under at 45 coins? I'm taking the under if I had to guess.

I'm trying to get a feel for how good that Genesis/Megadrive deal is. Looks like the Genesis bundles 1-3 have been under $2 each on Steam. However that still leaves out a lot of the games that are included in this Bundle Stars pack. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to get a feel for how good that Genesis/Megadrive deal is. Looks like the Genesis bundles 1-3 have been under $2 each on Steam. However that still leaves out a lot of the games that are included in this Bundle Stars pack. Thoughts?
I paided 13.79 for it from bundle stars on November 29th I think it was their star deal at the time

... I can't see the current bundle? For some reason all I can see are the individual games.

If you want to get the Sonic and Toe Jam games, you're better off getting the complete pack with 58 games. The Sonic / Toe Jam stuff is much more expensive and they're rarely bundled.

Are the alien isolation dlc's worth a damn?  I no get this when Humble had it so the new bundle is tempting.  A coupon would probably put it over the edge but i dont seem to have a current one.

Are the alien isolation dlc's worth a damn? I no get this when Humble had it so the new bundle is tempting. A coupon would probably put it over the edge but i dont seem to have a current one.
After playing the main game I tried one of the dlc's and never made it through. I didn't feel like it was as good and by that point I was ready to move on to something else.

After playing the main game I tried one of the dlc's and never made it through. I didn't feel like it was as good and by that point I was ready to move on to something else.
Can we just have this as the standard response anytime anyone asks about any DLC?

Can we just have this as the standard response anytime anyone asks about any DLC?
Problem is: there are certain DLC's are worthwhile to play + are worth your time & money.

I do think the content DLC's for FO3, FO:NV, Skyrim (except Hearthfire) and Amalur were lengthy & worthwhile.

I don't have Witcher 3 DLC's - but in size, those sound more like expansions than actual DLC's. Those seem like they'll be a better value than most Season Passes.

Meanwhile, some DLC's might be short, such as Rise of the Tomb Raider's Baba Yaga DLC - while that DLC is self-contained, it actually does have a boss fight, which the base-game itself seems to be really lacking those. Not that Rise of the TR needed many boss fights anyways, but it was cool that the DLC actually had one - and one that mixed both action + a little bit of puzzle-solving, too.

More so than anything, DLC's often seem to come down to price. Whether it's DLC's by themselves or an actual Season Pass, they often seem quite overpriced. I honestly probably would've skipped the DLC's for Rise of the TR + Deus Ex Mankind Divided, if I didn't flat-out buy the Complete Package b/c that was so cheap and on sale and actually topping the actual price for the base-game by itself. Thanks, GameStop! :)

You must be fun at parties.
Well, it depends. In your classic tank-heals-DPS party, I try to play healer which isn't always the most "fun" per se, but helps everyone else enjoy the party more. On the other hand, I find playing as a force-multiplier style character quietly enjoyable -- knowing that the rogue's massive backstab was augmented by my Enhance Strength and Unyielding Frenzy party effects...

Problem is: there are certain DLC's are worthwhile to play + are worth your time & money.
Sure, but even so some of those just don't seem appealing after playing many dozens of hours of the main game. Some time you just want to be done.

On the other hand, I can't think of a single DLC that doesn't look good in my backlog.

Sure, but even so some of those just don't seem appealing after playing many dozens of hours of the main game. Some time you just want to be done.

On the other hand, I can't think of a single DLC that doesn't look good in my backlog.
True. But it can be worth asking if they're integrated into the main story. The Dragon Age: Origins DLC that are accessed through the main plot (Shale, Return to Whereversville and Loot Crate Castle) are worth owning for any first time player. The darkspawn one and Morrigan & Leliana side stories, less so. Likewise for Bethesda RPG DLC, the Far Cry DLC, etc. Agreed though that I wouldn't say "Hey, after 30 hours of FC4, you should reinstall it and spend four missions worth of Hurk being a dumbshit."

The Bioshock Infinite "Return to Rapture" DLCs were brief enough and different enough in tone and game play to make them a pleasant revisit without wearing out their welcome or being a 'more of the same' retread.

On the other hand, the Homefront Revolution DLC so far has been "How about a shallower version of the game play, only this time in a tunnel instead of the open world?"

I liked Evoland 1....may even have an extra key in my mass amount of extra keys, which will be given away someday. It's just very short.

New 'meh' bundle.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/lightspeed-bundle

Neat story on that Pigeon game....

"In the near future people decided to abandon human organs and replace them with innovative petrol implants that allow to prolong life. Almost all food businesses were ruined or converted into refueling. Due to lack of organic food pets were on the verge of extinction. Worst of all had birds that were unable to adapt to new conditions of life without human food. Pigeons organized resistance, which aims to attract people's attention to the problem of hunger and restore bakery companies for their bait. Pigeon John decides to help urban birds with his unusual disease of the digestive system. "

New 'meh' bundle.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/lightspeed-bundle

Neat story on that Pigeon game....

"In the near future people decided to abandon human organs and replace them with innovative petrol implants that allow to prolong life. Almost all food businesses were ruined or converted into refueling. Due to lack of organic food pets were on the verge of extinction. Worst of all had birds that were unable to adapt to new conditions of life without human food. Pigeons organized resistance, which aims to attract people's attention to the problem of hunger and restore bakery companies for their bait. Pigeon John decides to help urban birds with his unusual disease of the digestive system. "
At what point in that story do I get to date the pigeons?

Dating/banging pigeons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhlCvjTMGW0

Too expensive for as many repeats as there are. Really only interested in Tallowmere, as I've missed it the last couple bundles, but it's been $1.24 on Steam, so not worth a $2.49 bundle

Picked up the $1 tier, but only getting 6 games I don't have for the next $4 doesn't seem to be that good a deal.

I'm all about the deal. Everyone knows it.  It's either a good deal, the best, the very best deal, or NO DEAL! Unless it involves the government paying for using TrumpCat properties, in which case it's full price or nothing.

Picked up the $1 tier, but only getting 6 games I don't have for the next $4 doesn't seem to be that good a deal.

I'm all about the deal. Everyone knows it. It's either a good deal, the best, the very best deal, or NO DEAL! Unless it involves the government paying for using TrumpCat properties, in which case it's full price or nothing.
So, basically....TrumpCat is all about the $1 Wall?

I can't decide on this....decent amount of good looking +1s....but the price and the games aren't jumping out to me either. I would buy in a heartbeat at $2.99...maybe even $3.99 but yeah....will decide in a bit. Anyone tried any of the new +1 games not bundled before?

bread's done
Back