Fanatical Thread

Now this is really interesting.

Were there any of these action-RPG Souls-likes actually before FromSoftware's King's Field?
At that point you're going so far back in terms of computing power that it's difficult to imagine them being similar enough. The early KF games are fairly clunky (though still amazing).

There might be, but I can't think of any off the top of my head right now.

I always want to get that Rad Rodger game, but that bundle blows. I'll wait till it eventually is cheapo bundled somewhere.
I think it's been in a IG bundle that may have had a happy hour, but I've been done with buying IG bundles for a while. Too lazy to put up with their gimmicky happy hour scheme

Friggin' Fanatical copied Groupees and Jonny's clue drawings!

https://www.fanatical.com/en/blog/what-a-grade-games-are-in-the-apollo-mystery-bundle-solve-our-picture-clues

What A-grade games are in the Apollo Mystery Bundle - Solve our picture clues
By Sam Jones

Feb 20

Gear up, space adventurer, and take a trip among the virtual stars to discover galactic Steam game gems with the Apollo Mystery Bundle.
With plenty of A-grade titles to uncover, you're sure to find quality games to add to your library. What’s out there in the deep dark corners of space, who knows, but with Fanatical’s latest and exciting mystery bundle, you’ll blast off on a mission to locate great games with interstellar savings.
If you're eager to find out a snippet of the Steam games hidden within the Apollo Mystery Bundle, we've brought back our 'so terribly bad, they're kind of good' drawings to give you a few hints as to what you might find.
Check out the images below and solve the clues!

Clue #1
6094ae7b-c963-4046-a3cc-00aeb9097835_APOLLOCLUE01.jpeg

So, our first clue should be pretty easy to solve (well, most of it). The first section of the image shows a person looking worse for wear, and the middle image looks rather warm, doesn't it.
Now, for the final part of the image, focus on what the stick figure is saying... looks like he might be a bit hard of hearing.
Can you solve clue number one for games in the Apollo Mystery Bundle?

Clue #2
e3a51d96-1e09-4267-a65b-ad2eecafa385_APOLLOclue02.jpeg

How angelic... so we've got a number of characters on the left and what looks like a change of date on the calendars to the right. What do the characters represent, and how many years have passed between the calendars?
Here's clue number two for games in the Apollo Mystery Bundle.

Clue #3
f76b82a2-c07e-489b-99a9-c90696b5530c_APOLLOclue03.jpeg

Straight forward, this one. The sign above the entrance indicates the way in, but where is a lovable stick figure heading, looks like they might be heading in the opposite direction!
Can you solve clue number three to guess another game in the Apollo Mystery Bundle?

Clue #4
ac6439d3-ddf2-4b4c-afb0-7a2ecf759b2b_APOLLOclue04.jpeg

Okay, this one is a little bit complicated - but you'll be kicking yourself if you don't solve it!
So, to the left we have a popular mode of public transportation - most likely below ground - and a common animal that appears to have turned a funny color. Finally, there's a bag of games, but we'd normally refer to them as a collection of games... or maybe something else.
Here's clue number four for you to solve in the Apollo Mystery Bundle.

Clue #5
f8c3814c-cee9-482c-ab5c-b5895a5fd247_APOLLOclue05.jpeg

Final clue, let's see if you can solve all five!
So, old stick figure over here must be in a bright area, because something's appeared behind him. There's also another stick figure in bed, what a lazy sod, but it looks like he might be getting up...
Solve clue number five to find out another game that features in the Apollo Mystery Bundle.

Discover awesome A-grade Steam games right now with the Apollo Mystery Bundle!

Friggin' Fanatical copied Groupees and Jonny's clue drawings!

https://www.fanatical.com/en/blog/what-a-grade-games-are-in-the-apollo-mystery-bundle-solve-our-picture-clues

What A-grade games are in the Apollo Mystery Bundle - Solve our picture cluesBy Sam Jones

Feb 20

Gear up, space adventurer, and take a trip among the virtual stars to discover galactic Steam game gems with the Apollo Mystery Bundle.

With plenty of A-grade titles to uncover, you're sure to find quality games to add to your library. What’s out there in the deep dark corners of space, who knows, but with Fanatical’s latest and exciting mystery bundle, you’ll blast off on a mission to locate great games with interstellar savings.

If you're eager to find out a snippet of the Steam games hidden within the Apollo Mystery Bundle, we've brought back our 'so terribly bad, they're kind of good' drawings to give you a few hints as to what you might find.

Check out the images below and solve the clues!

Clue #1
6094ae7b-c963-4046-a3cc-00aeb9097835_APOLLOCLUE01.jpeg

So, our first clue should be pretty easy to solve (well, most of it). The first section of the image shows a person looking worse for wear, and the middle image looks rather warm, doesn't it.

Now, for the final part of the image, focus on what the stick figure is saying... looks like he might be a bit hard of hearing.

Can you solve clue number one for games in the Apollo Mystery Bundle?
Clue #2
e3a51d96-1e09-4267-a65b-ad2eecafa385_APOLLOclue02.jpeg

How angelic... so we've got a number of characters on the left and what looks like a change of date on the calendars to the right. What do the characters represent, and how many years have passed between the calendars?

Here's clue number two for games in the Apollo Mystery Bundle.
Clue #3
f76b82a2-c07e-489b-99a9-c90696b5530c_APOLLOclue03.jpeg

Straight forward, this one. The sign above the entrance indicates the way in, but where is a lovable stick figure heading, looks like they might be heading in the opposite direction!

Can you solve clue number three to guess another game in the Apollo Mystery Bundle?
Clue #4
ac6439d3-ddf2-4b4c-afb0-7a2ecf759b2b_APOLLOclue04.jpeg

Okay, this one is a little bit complicated - but you'll be kicking yourself if you don't solve it!

So, to the left we have a popular mode of public transportation - most likely below ground - and a common animal that appears to have turned a funny color. Finally, there's a bag of games, but we'd normally refer to them as a collection of games... or maybe something else.

Here's clue number four for you to solve in the Apollo Mystery Bundle.
Clue #5
f8c3814c-cee9-482c-ab5c-b5895a5fd247_APOLLOclue05.jpeg

Final clue, let's see if you can solve all five!

So, old stick figure over here must be in a bright area, because something's appeared behind him. There's also another stick figure in bed, what a lazy sod, but it looks like he might be getting up...

Solve clue number five to find out another game that features in the Apollo Mystery Bundle.

Discover awesome A-grade Steam games right now with the Apollo Mystery Bundle!
thomas-c00084eb49f1261869136647c6e2977496b7719810a60b84dcd822adf6401f75.jpg

FREE MOTOKI !!!

NEVER REMEMBER, NEVER FORGET!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna copy my strategy regarding Groupees (and all other) mystery bundles. Gonna take a pass.

I don't like mystery bundles anyway. Just like I was never happy with Humble and just asked myself if I would play the revealed games when the monthly was like that. Glad we see what we do get now at least.

I bit on shadows:awakening, the viking game, and guns gore and connoli 2.

First bundle I've bought outside of a monthly for a really long time, I've tried to condition myself to stay away from them. I've failed.

Reaper Bundle 2 - Steam keys = $4.99

This bundle contains:

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy (AKA Jedi Knight 3)
  • Day of Infamy
  • Eagle Island
  • Override: Mech City Brawl
  • Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition (Sim City 4 base-game & Rush Hour expansion)
  • Re-Legion

Just got an email that the Killer Bundle 12 is gonna relaunch soon (at 11AM EST).

It will now be called Killer Bundle 12 Redux, and it will have a lower price. That is because it will no longer contain SNK 40th Anniversary Collection & King Of Fighters XIV.

EDIT: They only lowered the bundle 50 cents. lol

Glad I jumped on the Killer Bundle right when it first launched.  KOFXIV and SNK 40th Anniversary at that price alone were too good to pass up.

Yeah, the original version was kind of amazing, and I say this as someone who hates KOFXIV on principle. Without the SNK games, this is okay at best.

I put it in my cart the day it launched and then got distracted and it was sold out by the time I remembered it.  Oh well.  Mainly wanted it for the games that are gone now.  

Yeah not touching it without SNK 40th myself. Value is so-so otherwise.
In regards to that OG version of this Bundle, I was so glad to see Ikari Warriors series, Street Smart, and Crystalis in the SNK 40th Anniversary. Those ones really bring me back to my early Arcade and NES days.

Also glad to get Surge, Sherlock: TDD, and even Atari Bundle.

Some of those old Atari games - man, I remember them; and it's so crazy how far we've come along, in terms of gaming.

Just got an email that the Killer Bundle 12 is gonna relaunch soon (at 11AM EST).

It will now be called Killer Bundle 12 Redux, and it will have a lower price. That is because it will no longer contain SNK 40th Anniversary Collection & King Of Fighters XIV.

EDIT: They only lowered the bundle 50 cents.
lol, so bad

Fanatical Staff Picks: Pick & Mix Bundle - March 2020

Pricing:

• 3 games for $2.99
  • 5 for $3.99
  • 7 for $4.99

Games To Pick From - All Steam keys:

• Flashback (25th Anniversary Edition)
  • Toki
  • Space Robinson
  • Garage: Bad Trip
  • Danger Gazers
  • The Light Keep Us Safe
  • Degrees of Separation
  • Bounty Train
  • Kingdom Wars II: Definitive Edition
  • Skyhill
  • Snake Pass
  • The Final Station
  • Crazy Machines 3
  • Homebrew: Patent Unknown
  • Super Inefficient Golf
  • Insurgency

48 Hour Star Deal:

Hard West - Steam key = 95% off @ $1.00

Bundle:

Sanctuary Bundle - Steam keys = $4.99

This bundle includes:

• Blood: Fresh Supply
  • Roller Coaster Tycoon: Classic Edition
  • Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach
  • Redeemer: Enhanced Edition
  • The Walking Dead: Michonne - A TellTale Mini-Series
  • The Walking Dead: Season 1 (base game) & 400 Days DLC [by Telltale]
  • The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Telltale)
  • This War of Mine: Final Cut (base game)
  • This War of Mine: Stories - Season Pass

STAR DEAL - 48 hour deal:

Project CARS 2 - Deluxe Edition [Steam key] = $13.49

Grab the Project CARS 2 Deluxe Edition and get access to the full game, Season Pass, and all bonus content including new cars, tracks, events, liveries.
YOUR OFFICIAL PROJECT CARS 2 - DELUXE EDITION STEAM KEY GIVES YOU:

• 180+ licensed cars from iconic manufacturers
  • Full 12K & VR Support
  • Tested and tuned by pro racing drivers
  • All-new motorsports (IndyCar, Oval Racing, Rallycross) join old favorites incl. GT3
  • LiveTrack 3.0: Dynamic surface & weather physics affect vehicle performance and handling in real-time
  • New loose surface racing (ice, dirt, mud)
  • Full 24-hour cycle featuring real-time atmospheric conditions and seasonal ambience
  • State-of-the art physics model
  • Revamped gamepad handling
  • Class-leading Esport capabilities
  • All-new Online Championships mode

Random thought.  How many times have you all bought a game (or tried to) that you already owned but forgot about?  I bet we do that shit all the time.

Random thought. How many times have you all bought a game (or tried to) that you already owned but forgot about? I bet we do that shit all the time.
It's definitely happened to me. That's 30 plus years of gaming for ya! Not as often on PC, but I have a bunch of duplicate discs that I had re-bought for consoles because I saw a game in a store and thought that it was a good deal.

Yep.  I nearly bought yakuza kiwami 1 twice.  I forgot I got it for 4.99 from target in a clearance sale last year and best buy had it on sale for 7.99 or something.

I've bought some random indie game twice I think. One problem was one of the bundles was just for that and another game. The bundle was super cheap, but it was a waste of some money though. I have done this for books especially classics or long series I buy for when I see them cheap. I have bought on purpose games re-released over and over for certain systems though. One day I will get to Okami (bought on PS2, PS3, PS4, and got on PC thanks to Humble). I'm bad I know haha.

Random thought. How many times have you all bought a game (or tried to) that you already owned but forgot about? I bet we do that shit all the time.
Pretty rarely. If I do, it's usually because there's something else in the bundle that I actually REALLY want.
There's enough tools like Enhanced Steam, Is there any deal or just using search on your Steam inventory to check if a bundle is worth it for you.

If I do rebuy stuff, it'd usually be stuff I don't give a damn about anyways, and it's just a throw in because the bundle has a game I want in it where what the bundle costs is less than or close to the all-time-low price for the game.

I probably bought a hundred or so games that I already owned because the people on ITAD don't know which games they're adding to the bundle listing when they create it. So I edit the listing and write them a note to make them feel bad about fucking up and costing me money.

Ultimately it's my fault for having an obsession with buying shitty games I'll probably never get a chance to play, but damn them for making me doubt the size of my e-peen!

Fun enough games.  Definitely worth $1.  Well, except the latest one which is apparently crap.

Insanity Flash Deals sale in progress on Fanatical:

https://www.fanatical.com/

Looks like they are popping them out every 15 minutes or so.

Some highlights:

• Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Gold Edition -> UPLAY = $21.99
    (includes AC: Odyssey base-game & Season Pass; AC3 Remastered; AC Lib. Remastered)
  • Legacy of Kain Pack -> Steam = $2.49
    (includes Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1 and 2; and LoK: Defiance).

Star Deal:

Sherlock Holmes Collection - Steam key = 85% off @ $5.99

This Sherlock Holmes Collection includes:

• Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis.
  • The Testament of Sherlock Holmes.
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Silver Earring.
  • Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper.
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet.
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened - Remastered Edition.

The RPG, FPS, and Action bundles have been up for like three months which is kind of funny because I've been waiting to buy those when the timers start running in case I line up the purchases with other current bundles.

The RPG, FPS, and Action bundles have been up for like three months which is kind of funny because I've been waiting to buy those when the timers start running in case I line up the purchases with other current bundles.
They’ve been getting updates, too. Something tells me this is the newest incarnation of the old BundleStars necro bundles, just never stop running the bundles and switch some games out occasionally.

Fallout 4 GOTY was discounted everywhere - GameBillet had the cheapest until I realized they were gonna charge me more than the listed price so I ended up buying Fallout 4 GOTY off of Fanatical.

bread's done
Back