Fanatical Thread

I was thinking about picking up rise as my first monster hunter...but you said you're still good on World. So is there still a decent online player base? And these games aren't story driven correct? Just farm machines?
To be honest, I never play with randoms, so I can’t say for sure, but I’ve been in some relatively active lobbies in the past six months, and there have been a couple times my friends and I have forgotten to restrict access to a hunt and have picked up an extra. That said, I doubt you’d be able to find a full lobby for the special 16-man Kulve Taroth hunt unless you organized it.

And no, the stories aren’t anything like the focus, though World tries a little harder than the rest on that front.

Between World and Rise, it feels like Rise added some cool quality of life things like the grapple hook that was only added to World in the Iceborne expansion. With that said, I’ve played both a little but not substantially. Sunbreak has a Steam demo, so might be worth downloading before you buy Rise. I was impressed how well Sunbreak played on the Steam Deck, so I’m still tempted to pick up Rise but could also totally wait for a better deal like Souffrir mentioned.

I mean, I prefer to play good games, but you do you.
It's obviously no Monster Hunter but I unironically enjoy Dauntless.
Imo, its main flaws are the aesthetic and the monetization, otherwise it's a good enough game. Nowhere near as good as a MH entry but what it does have MH totally beat on is the streamlined multiplayer process (even with randos), crossplay and crossprogression. I hope the inevitable World 2 takes some cues from it in that regard.

Never buy Monster Hunter games without the expansions. The expansions take forever to go cheap and you get the better deal buying the full package

It's obviously no Monster Hunter but I unironically enjoy Dauntless.
Imo, its main flaws are the aesthetic and the monetization, otherwise it's a good enough game. Nowhere near as good as a MH entry but what it does have MH totally beat on is the streamlined multiplayer process (even with randos), crossplay and crossprogression. I hope the inevitable World 2 takes some cues from it in that regard.
just saw it's F2P, I'll check it out.

That's the same thing I said the other day to MysterD's mom about my package.
giphy.gif

Star Deal.

Arkane Anniversary Collection - Steam = $17.99

This pack includes:

- Dishonored: Definitive Edition [includes Dishonored 1 base-game & all DLC's]

(All DLC's = Dunwall City Trials DLC; Void Walker's Arsenal DLC; Knife of Dunwall DLC & Brigmore Witches DLC)

- Dishonored 2

- Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (stand-alone expansion for Dishonored 2)

- Prey [2017]

Star Deal.

Arkane Anniversary Collection - Steam = $17.99

This pack includes:
- Dishonored: Definitive Edition [includes Dishonored 1 base-game & all DLC's]
(All DLC's = Dunwall City Trials DLC; Void Walker's Arsenal DLC; Knife of Dunwall DLC & Brigmore Witches DLC)
- Dishonored 2
- Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (stand-alone expansion for Dishonored 2)
- Prey [2017]
Or ya know, play all that shizzat on Xboner Game Ass...

Killer Bundle 23

Now with actual killers.

Yep, you too can now give money to the Kyle Rittenhouse game "Acquitted."

fuck you, Fanatical. And Nomad Survival is worth $3 alone.
I look forward to them playing the "We were unaware" card even though it would require living under a rock for the last two years to not realize what this game it about.

EDIT: Already pulled, incoming "apology" on the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I look forward to them playing the "We were unaware" card even though it would require living under a rock for the last two years to not realize what this game it about.

EDIT: Already pulled, incoming "apology" on the way.
I just cannot believe they'd be that tone deaf. I feel more for the other developers in that bundle who'd probably not enjoy being put up with that game.

And again, being in the "Killer" bundle. The developer of the Rittenhouse game probably did not miss that irony even if Fanatical did.

I'm more surprised that trash hasn't been review-bombed into oblivion where it belongs. Can something really be "overwhelmingly positive" with only 650 reviews?

I'm more surprised that trash hasn't been review-bombed into oblivion where it belongs. Can something really be "overwhelmingly positive" with only 650 reviews?
It would appear only a certain segment of the population has the brain power to realize that buying something to only negatively review it (and thus giving it more attention in the process) is a waste of time.

I just blocked it when it came up on my queue and ignored it. Never did I expect it to show up in a bundle site because it was obviously not a winning move. More so in a bundle labelled as a "killer deal."

They've relisted the bundle, removed the game, and reduced the price. It's a great bundle now, worth it for Nomad Survival alone and getting the rest for $0.50.

Politics aside, the game does look like shit, but seems to have slipped under the radar to the point that the reviews are primarily from the intended audience.
Between the high reviews, cheap price and title that doesn't immediately trip the contemporary politics alarm, I'm guessing somebody at Fanatical made an oopsie. Given that this is a first (afaik), I'm willing to give Fanatical the benefit of the doubt.
Either way, I don't see anything on the Steam page about money going to Rittenhouse or his legal debts, so everybody should ease up on the pearl clutching.

I see it as a win that it's cheaper after the omission of the dumb game I didn't know existed. 

Just wish I had more interest in the remaining 6 games - sparklite and the skiing game are the only one's I'd want to try.

Those pearls aren't going to clutch themselves, man.

Definitely an attractive bundle now; if I hadn't bought Valfaris in a previous bundle and Sparklite in the Steam summer sale...

Either way, I don't see anything on the Steam page about money going to Rittenhouse or his legal debts, so everybody should ease up on the pearl clutching.
Real fine line we walk these days where we think being against fascists is pearl clutching. If you live in the USA, you may yet soon see a day where you had wished to clutch a few more.

Kowtowing to this bullpoopie really needs to stop.

Ummmm... Is it bad that I’ve never heard of this game or the person in question?
Well I can somewhat understand people glossing over the events because it was one point in a long string of riot-related news. But as you can already see in this thread it's something that became fiercely political. Personally, I read about it but then just found myself agreeing with neither "side" that was trying to point fingers and spin things for self-benefit.

I don't even know anything about the game. I'll just say that when people tragically die, I'm not interested in buying a game that tries to channel such events into an entertainment commodity. 1-2 years later, mind you - not talking WWII games here.

Well I can somewhat understand people glossing over the events because it was one point in a long string of riot-related news. But as you can already see in this thread it's something that became fiercely political. Personally, I read about it but then just found myself agreeing with neither "side" that was trying to point fingers and spin things for self-benefit.

I don't even know anything about the game. I'll just say that when people tragically die, I'm not interested in buying a game that tries to channel such events into an entertainment commodity. 1-2 years later, mind you - not talking WWII games here.
Seems like a fair take. As for the rioting... I'm afraid I stopped paying attention to the news concerning that pretty quickly. I have a weak stomach for politicized news, since politicizing typically seems to mean little more than vilifying anybody who doesn't agree with some heavily promoted, and often heavily oversimplified, point of view.

I've never heard of the game, but I've definitely heard of the person. Did you not read the news for like years?
As I mentioned above, kinda. Large chunks of it, anyway. I will say there's a decent chance I'd heard about him when the news was fresh and just didn't keep up with it afterwards, and so forgot. I also was barely keeping up with any US news at all during 2018 or 2020, since I spent most of both of those years out of the country.

Don't read the news.  Too depressing.  All you need to do is monitor the images from the Webb telescope which show there are about 200 billion galaxies in the known universe each containing about two hundred billion star systems.  All of this stuff happening on Earth is so insignificant in the grand cosmic scheme of things so your best bet is to play games and have fun.

Imagine millions of light years away the probability is very high that there is an entirely other sentient species discussing their form of video game deals as I type this out.

Imagine millions of light years away the probability is very high that there is an entirely other sentient species discussing their form of video game deals as I type this out.
I'd prefer to think they're talking about pizza... and I guess +1s.

Fanatical apologized and took the game out of the bundle. They are also based overseas so most/all of them probably don't even know the story or who that person even is. You guys should chill lol, the world doesn't revolve around the USA's business

Build Your Own Triple Pack.

Pricing:

- 3 games for $2.99

Steam Games to Choose from:

- Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw

- Wayward Souls

- Morbid: The Seven Acolytes

- Aragami

- FAR: Lone Sails

- Slain: Back from Hell

- Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun

- Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead

- Mindustry

When there's a game in a bundle I don't like, I just don't play it. I don't get "offended" by it. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt they didn't know, but they had to pretend to be sorry because otherwise you have to listen to people whine on Reddit. I'm sure they'd just as soon not get involved in taking a political stance because including the game and then removing it both alienated some people.

Killer Bundle 23

Now with actual killers.

Yep, you too can now give money to the Kyle Rittenhouse game "Acquitted."

fuck you, Fanatical. And Nomad Survival is worth $3 alone.
What's wrong with that?

Real fine line we walk these days where we think being against fascists is pearl clutching. If you live in the USA, you may yet soon see a day where you had wished to clutch a few more.

Kowtowing to this bullpoopie really needs to stop.
Real stretch to claim a boring meme game supports Fascism, but you do you.

Look, its someone with only 57 posts and last posted about 5 months ago with a real hot take.  I wonder what they could be after?

Remember, kids, don't feed the trolls.

Build Your Own Triple Pack.

Pricing:

- 3 games for $2.99

Steam Games to Choose from:

- Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw

- Wayward Souls

- Morbid: The Seven Acolytes

- Aragami

- FAR: Lone Sails

- Slain: Back from Hell

- Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun

- Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead

- Mindustry
The promo fanatical18 currently applied to this, even though terms specify full priced game. $2.45

The promo fanatical18 currently applied to this, even though terms specify full priced game. $2.45
Awesome. That got me over the hump here to buy this now.

Have most of this already (TWD: Bridge was actually on Epic as a freebie; bought RG: Outlaw a while ago from Epic) - but was missing FAR, Morbid, and Wayward Souls. So, I grabbed those 3.

Thanks, it applies to a few other bundles as well so I bought the ones I was hesitating on. I doubt it's intended to work on anything other than full priced games, so if there's anything you want I'd grab it now

Thanks, it applies to a few other bundles as well so I bought the ones I was hesitating on. I doubt it's intended to work on anything other than full priced games, so if there's anything you want I'd grab it now
on which other bundles did you see it operative? i only checked a few with no success

Star Deal.

Metro Exodus: Gold Edition. -> Steam key = 73% off @ $10.79

(Price before any vouchers/coupons)

Metro Exodus: Gold Edition here includes for content:

- Metro Exodus [base-game]

- Metro Exodus: The Two Colonels DLC.

- Metro Exodus: Sam's Story DLC

EXTRA NOTE:

- You will receive both the Original (RT On or Off) and Enhanced Editions (RT-only) of Metro Exodus: Gold w/ this purchase/key activation.

bread's done
Back