Fanatical Thread

Fanatical’s having another summer sale with flash deals and rewards for spending. Probably not worth it, and no idea what games you can choose from when you reach those thresholds, but figured I’d give the heads up, at least.

KPIPFFV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fanatical’s having another summer sale with flash deals and rewards for spending. Probably not worth it, and no idea what games you can choose from when you reach those thresholds, but figured I’d give the heads up, at least.
https://www.fanatical.com/en/rewards

$10 - Random store credit that can be between $.50 to $50

$20 - Aragami, Monster Slayers, Rebel Galaxy, Game Dev Studio, or $1 store credit

$30 - $3 off Platinum Collection Bundle for August or September

$40 - Mystery Game

$50 - Supraland, Mindustry, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Cook Serve Delicious 3, or $1 store credit

Do the 5% off coupons work on preorders? Wanted to get Soul Hackers 2 and wondering if I should buy a real cheap game for the 5% off first

I think it was a flash deal and ended today, but they might bring it back before the summer sale ends?
i don't know if it was a flash sale at the time but the normal price did go down to $40 so maybe they didn't update the discount percentage? it was 52% off the other day but now its 33% off.

i don't know if it was a flash sale at the time but the normal price did go down to $40 so maybe they didn't update the discount percentage? it was 52% off the other day but now its 33% off.
Yeah, that's what happened. Price history log from ITAD shows it. Besides, they had already had a flash sale on Village near the start of the sale for $25.xx so I doubt they'd have another.

Somewhat related: It would be great if Humble could follow suit and drop the MSRP like so many other stores have so that 50% coupon might actually be useful.

For those that played it: How is RE: Village?

I think it's going to be really hard for any RE to top what RE4: Ultimate HD and RE2 Remake have done. Those games are freakin' outstanding. 

EDIT - RE7 Gold is great too; I would put it right behind RE4: UHD and RE2 Remake.

I haven’t played 8, but I still feel pretty confident saying that the best ever Resident Evil to date is still Dino Crisis.

They just had Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Chaotic Edition as a Star Deal for $46.xx. I waited and the next day it went up to $48, but you could then use a 5% coupon on it since it wasn't a Star Deal anymore. This brought it down to $45.xx, cheaper than the Star Deal

Now you can use the LABOR8 coupon for 8% off and bring it down to $44.xx

Fanatical is weird

They just had Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Chaotic Edition as a Star Deal for $46.xx. I waited and the next day it went up to $48, but you could then use a 5% coupon on it since it wasn't a Star Deal anymore. This brought it down to $45.xx, cheaper than the Star Deal

Fanatical is weird
Get the base game if you want it. The season pass is soooooooo not worth it.

Platinum - Build Your Own Bundle for September 2022:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/platinum-collection-build-your-own-bundle

Pricing Schemes:

- 3 for $9.99

- 5 for $14.99

- 7 for $19.99

Some Steam keys you can choose from:

- DOOM [2016]

- DOOM 3

- Dead Island Riptide: Definitive Edition

- Homefront: The Revolution [base-game]

- Saints Row: The Third: Full Package Edition

- Red Faction: Guerrilla - Re-Mars-Tered

- Painkiller: HD & Painkiller: Overdose (Double Pack)

- Neon Abyss

- And more!

Fanatical is weird
Stupid question. But can you use the LABOR8 code multiple times or is it one time use per account?

Thought about using it to get Outer Worlds which was on a deal yesterday but figured $30ish for the complete edition was still too high considering the amount of unplayed crap I have.

Labor Day Bundle:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-labor-day-bundle

Pricing Schemes:

- 1 for $1.00

- 5 for $2.99

- 10 for $4.99

Coupon - LABOR8 coupon works on this, BTW.

Some Games on here to pick from:

- She Sees Red

- Narcos: Rise of the Cartels

- Monsters' Den: Book of Dread

- Save Room

- Wounded: The Beginning

- Perfect Heist

- Onirike

- Company of Crime

- And more!

On Fanatical's Discord I asked since we haven't seen a game bundle in almost 10 days, if Fanatical was saving their ammo for a bundlefest next week, and they basically confirmed it was. 

On Fanatical's Discord I asked since we haven't seen a game bundle in almost 10 days, if Fanatical was saving their ammo for a bundlefest next week, and they basically confirmed it was.
Well I guess I was misinformed. It is now likely it will be next week. I hear today is a holiday in the UK due to the Queen passing, so maybe this is the reason why. I am guessing it will be next week. Plus they usually have bundle fests in September.

Build Your Own Triple Pack 2.

Pricing:

- 3 games for Steam at $2.99

Steam Games to Choose From:

- Tokyo Xanadu EX + 

- Arigami

- Going Under

- N++ Ultimate Edition

- Unto the End

- War Pips

- Riptide GP 2

- Manuel Samuel

- Automachef

Here's some keys I bought that apparently I already own and didn't realize...although I did get some of these in mystery bundle (Magic Lessons in Wand Valley, Aragami, Game Dev Studio, Wolfenstein Youngblood, Soulcraft, Sparklite) 

in case you are wondering why more games here than typical bundle it is because I bought Aragami  and Tokyo Xanadu separately.

(also Unto the End was my bonus "scratch ticket" for spending more than $10 in current sale)

Enjoy!

Tokyo Xanadu eX+

T9TZL6-D6AXM-JLVMX

Going Under

IKB5W-BHXCM-PEVBD

Peaky Blinders: Mastermind

Z02H7-FJLI5-Q0X4Z

Race.a.bit

AZQA2-24XGF-FK7P2

Morbid: The Seven Acolytes

2L7HQ-XR3NQ-50C9M

The Magister

K9Z0P-CZDPK-HGQ06

Prestige Bundle:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/prestige-collection-build-your-own-bundle

Pricing:

- $2 for $14.99

- $3 for $21.99

Choices for STEAM Keys:

- Fallout 76

- RAGE 2: Deluxe

- Skyrim: Legendary

- Road 76

- Metro Exodus (base-game) 

- BPM 

- Hellpoint

- Eldest Souls

- Pumpkin Jack

- Viscerafest

- Legion TD 2 

- Iron Harvest

- Pathfinder Kingmaker: Enhanced Plus Edition

- Roki

- Trailmakers

- Dreamscaper

- Parkasaurus.

Here's some keys I bought that apparently I already own and didn't realize...although I did get some of these in mystery bundle (Magic Lessons in Wand Valley, Aragami, Game Dev Studio, Wolfenstein Youngblood, Soulcraft, Sparklite)

in case you are wondering why more games here than typical bundle it is because I bought Aragami and Tokyo Xanadu separately.

(also Unto the End was my bonus "scratch ticket" for spending more than $10 in current sale)

Enjoy!

Tokyo Xanadu eX+

T9TZL6-D6AXM-JLVMX

Going Under

IKB5W-BHXCM-PEVBD

Z02H7-FJLI5-Q0X4Z

Race.a.bit

AZQA2-24XGF-FK7P2

2L7HQ-XR3NQ-50C9M

The Magister

K9Z0P-CZDPK-HGQ06
Tried Morbid, was taken.

Tried Tokyo Xanadu, was invalid key, but I took a guess and removed the correct letter.

Don't know when I'll get to it, but looked interesting since the dungeon scenes made me think of Mega Man Legends for some reason.

I bought Tokyo Xanadu eX+ recently in the bundle. Ain't got to it. For $3 and then the 5% off coupon - seemed like a no-brainer to me.

But, it reminded me, w/ how it looks and all, of a Persona 4 Golden type of JRPG, but instead with some kind of Platinum Games action-style combat system? Or combat similar to say Scarlet Nexus? Can anyone clarify? Is this assessment accurate?

Or does anyone have better comparisons/similarities they can draw Tokyo to?

I've been playing Deathloop while still on PC Game Pass, so...ain't gotten around to anything really Non-Game Pass related yet.

in case you are wondering why more games here than typical bundle it is because I bought Aragami and Tokyo Xanadu separately.

Enjoy!

Tokyo Xanadu eX+
T9TZL6-D6AXM-JLVMX

Going Under
IKB5W-BHXCM-PEVBD

Z02H7-FJLI5-Q0X4Z

Race.a.bit
AZQA2-24XGF-FK7P2

2L7HQ-XR3NQ-50C9M

The Magister
K9Z0P-CZDPK-HGQ06
Peaky Blinders was still available, but it ain’t anymore. Thanks.

But, it reminded me, w/ how it looks and all, of a Persona 4 Golden type of JRPG, but instead with some kind of Platinum Games action-style combat system? Or combat similar to say Scarlet Nexus? Can anyone clarify? Is this assessment accurate?

Or does anyone have better comparisons/similarities they can draw Tokyo to?
Tokyo Xanadu is like a mashup of Falcom's two largest series, Ys and Trails (specifically, Cold Steel II). The overworld, and character interactions are a lot like CSI-II trails (and by extension via influence, persona). The arpg combat is most directly relatable to Ys where you need to switch up attacks to match enemies' weaknesses.

The story is trope-heavy and has a little too much paranormal anime cheese for my taste, but I can look past most of it and really enjoy the majority of the game. Specifically, amazing soundtrack (examples A, B, C). Very much worth the $1 or so. It's dirt cheap because the publisher/localization used was Aksys rather than xseed or nisa.

@Gospelman

Haven't played any of the Falcom stuff - so thanks for all of this. And this all sounds really good too me, so I'm gonna have to check Tokyo out. I've been meaning to buy some Ys and Trails games, but haven't.

And I really dig P4G - so with some similarities to that; being a JRPG and all (even w/ its tropes); and w/ you praising the OST - this sounds even more so up my alley. 

If it's got some influence from Trails and Ys - this also could be a really cheap way to really get into chasing those games at some point too, if I wind-up digging Tokyo.

Tried Morbid, was taken.

Tried Tokyo Xanadu, was invalid key, but I took a guess and removed the correct letter.

Don't know when I'll get to it, but looked interesting since the dungeon scenes made me think of Mega Man Legends for some reason.
Sorry for the wrong letter! Glad it worked out and I did edit the post to reflet what I know is gone!

Prestige Bundle:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/prestige-collection-build-your-own-bundle

Pricing:

- $2 for $14.99

- $3 for $21.99

Choices for STEAM Keys:

- Fallout 76

- RAGE 2: Deluxe

- Skyrim: Legendary

- Road 76

- Metro Exodus (base-game)

- BPM

- Hellpoint

- Eldest Souls

- Pumpkin Jack

- Viscerafest

- Legion TD 2

- Iron Harvest

- Pathfinder Kingmaker: Enhanced Plus Edition

- Roki

- Trailmakers

- Dreamscaper

- Parkasaurus.
im surprised how many of these were on my list to buy in the future. $7-ish per isn't bad. highly recommend Viscerafest. classic style doom shooter. i'll probably get metro and bpm as well

Hmmm... if that were Skyrim Anniversary Edition, I'd go for that, Rage 2 and Fallout 76.  Kind of lame they are selling the Legendary edition... which is not even the Special Edition.

Hmmm... if that were Skyrim Anniversary Edition, I'd go for that, Rage 2 and Fallout 76. Kind of lame they are selling the Legendary edition... which is not even the Special Edition.
That was my initial thought too. I assumed it was a misprint that it was legendary and not special edition, didn't realize there was a difference. Legendary isn't even on steam store front anymore.

Now all I really would care about getting from this is Rage 2 but since it's 2 or more I guess I'll be skipping this one :/

@Gospelman

Haven't played any of the Falcom stuff - so thanks for all of this. And this all sounds really good too me, so I'm gonna have to check Tokyo out. I've been meaning to buy some Ys and Trails games, but haven't.

And I really dig P4G - so with some similarities to that; being a JRPG and all (even w/ its tropes); and w/ you praising the OST - this sounds even more so up my alley.

If it's got some influence from Trails and Ys - this also could be a really cheap way to really get into chasing those games at some point too, if I wind-up digging Tokyo.
Trails series is on the long side length wise even by typical rpg standards and are turn based with a turn order system similar to ff10, atelier series and blue dragon.

Trails series is on the long side length wise even by typical rpg standards and are turn based with a turn order system similar to ff10, atelier series and blue dragon.
I need to finish FF10. I do like that game.

Also loved FF6, FF9, and FF9 back in the old PSX days.

FF5's underrated too.

Also with the Trails series, really need to start at #1. Big payoff come number 4 if stuck with it...but yes super long

Pretty OT for this thread but I feel obligated to clarify:

Dragon Slayer could be accurately described as the first Legend of Heroes game.  The first Trails game is Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC. 

Best played in release order:
Sky FC, Sky SC, Sky the 3rd, Zero, Azure, Cold Steel I-IV, Reverie, Kuro I-II

bread's done
Back