Fanatical Thread

Pretty OT for this thread but I feel obligated to clarify:

Dragon Slayer could be accurately described as the first Legend of Heroes game. The first Trails game is Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC.

Best played in release order:
Sky FC, Sky SC, Sky the 3rd, Zero, Azure, Cold Steel I-IV, Reverie, Kuro, Kuro II
If I played through all of Cold steel is it worthwhile to go back and play the others?

If I played through all of Cold steel is it worthwhile to go back and play the others?
Yes, they're somewhat dated at this point but also superior in significant ways (characters, plot, soundtrack). Zero just released in english yesterday. Azure is my favorite and is coming next year. Sky FC is often on sale for $10, I would start there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty OT for this thread but I feel obligated to clarify:

Dragon Slayer could be accurately described as the first Legend of Heroes game. The first Trails game is Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC.

Best played in release order:
Sky FC, Sky SC, Sky the 3rd, Zero, Azure, Cold Steel I-IV, Reverie, Kuro I-II
Dragon Slayer (1) is more accurately the start of the Dragon Slayer series, which spawned the Xanadu series (including Faxanadu and Tokyo Xanadu); the Sorcerian series, which is very obscure outside of Japan; the Lord Monarch series, which is also quite obscure; and the Legend Of Heroes series, which itself spawned the various Trails series.

More keys!

Silver Chains (not into horror games)

D2NKJ-W3R5E-WFPHH

Automachef (own)

9IGEV-XAMHY-Z8JPX 

Magic Lessons in Wand Valley (own)

BHZAP-3524R-IYC39

Fallout 4 (own on console)

E6FFX-HLZ7F-T68XL

Main Assembly (deisgner/engineer game)

D7VP4-YFQTZ-HGK5M

Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos

YATPK-VXZIA-9VECP

Riptide GP2

JXTP5-MYNMV-RWEFQ

Dub Dash

H9CMF-AKX0H-9KNN2

Deadly 30 (own)

GXXQW-LJZ5T-DV6W0

Golf with your Friends (have Everybody's Golf on PS4..nothing will compare)

N57BV-L3TFW-CKK95

Crown Trick (own)

IYMKG-CP7AB-B3A2N

Intravenous (meh)

KWQMR-VN3K6-D3VTR

Soulcradt (own)

N0RKV-9MT0G-824XI

Valfaris (meh)

WLZOE-6EEI3_5Z6FD

ENJOY

Tokyo Xanadu eX+.

QUICK THOUGHTS:

I did try out Tokyo Xanadu eX+ for about a little over a half-hour or so. Of course, this didn't really get me much into the actual gameplay of it all...since it's so narrative-driven & character-driven and also teaching you some of the basics of the game early on (with how to use & deal w/ the Phone, Inventory, Game Menus, etc.). It really just started opening-up with letting me move around the game-world in the High School and all. I haven't even got into combat yet. Though, I can already notice right off the tip of the bat here: the Japanese voice-action & audio sounds very well-acted and that the actual writing/translation of this all into English is already really good. I'm into this and it barely feels like it even got going here. Going to be curious how combat is and how the game's going to be, once it gets going - but just like Scarlet Nexus & Persona 4: Golden, this could really be something I can get into & something I am really going to at least like quite a bit. Also love the anime art-style here with its artistic direction and all, even if there ain't anything super technical about it (since this is a game originally from the PS Vita). But just like Persona 4: Golden, the technical stuff probably ain't going to matter so much on the graphics here, as I'm already digging everything else about this one...which most games ain't spectacular at (i.e. dialogue; writing & character development). So far, so good.

I liked Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ on PS4 even though the story kind of blows and so do the characters. Everything is really generic, but the action is solid. If you just play for that, you'll be pretty satisfied. Also it having the quasi Persona social system was kind of half implemented so you just get to know people, but I don't think it amounts to anything.

I do appreciate all of you that have commented what has been taken EVEN if you did not benefit!!  I have gone back and updated the list.

Stay tuned for more (I like doing the random bundles, its like baseball card collecting...wow I am old  :bouncy: )

Toyko Xanadu is on my list to play, but (incoming oppisite opinion) after sinking so many hours into Persona 5 and being like what the hell at the final stage I do not know if I have it in me to play another game similar.

Sorry that final "boss" was like the developers said "Hey, we need to have some big bad".  To be fair, my son (19) says that I missed the whole narrative point.

Just a few today...training day at work and BOOOORED

Virgo Versus the Zodiac (I have too many JRPG to get through as it is)

ZIDWG-QZQDW-VQF8R

Race.a.bit (yep, stil don't want this one)

IXQYW-632DM-TDFCY

Bridge Constructor (not an engineering bone in my body)

R78QR-07GAQ-3J430

Matraquinha PAIR (being a special education teacher I loved this idea, but no way for me to get around the school's firewall to install steam)

GT7JK-69JQL-AFTH4

Manual Samuel (sounds intersting, but I do not think I have the agility for this game..guessing not compatible with Steam Deck)

TYLLD-JZXLY-0MFC3

Just a few today...training day at work and BOOOORED

Virgo Versus the Zodiac (I have too many JRPG to get through as it is)

ZIDWG-QZQDW-VQF8R

Race.a.bit (yep, stil don't want this one)

IXQYW-632DM-TDFCY

Bridge Constructor (not an engineering bone in my body)

R78QR-07GAQ-3J430

Matraquinha PAIR (being a special education teacher I loved this idea, but no way for me to get around the school's firewall to install steam)

GT7JK-69JQL-AFTH4

Manual Samuel (sounds intersting, but I do not think I have the agility for this game..guessing not compatible with Steam Deck)

TYLLD-JZXLY-0MFC3
Nice drops!

Manual Samuel and Virgo - tried those and those look to be gone already.

Build Your Own "Play On The Go" Bundle:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-play-on-the-go-bundle-2

Pricing:

- 3 for $4.99

- 5 for $6.99

- 8 for $9.99

STEAM keyed games in here to Choose From:

- Intravenous

- Morbid: 7 Acolytes

- 198x

- Golf Club Wasteland

- Styx: Master of Shadows

- Mordheim

- Speed Limit

- FAR: Lone Sails

- Yooka-Laylee And the Impossible Lair

- Blacksad

- And more!
This was a great bundle. I just got my steam deck and building a library for it. Fanatical should do more Steam Deck verified bundles.

I picked up

Blasphemous
Morbid: 7 Acolytes
Golf Club Wasteland
Intravenous
Far Lone Sails
Speed Limit
198X

Nuts

Horizon Chase Turbo and Yooka-Laylee are also great but I have them on PS4.

This was a great bundle. I just got my steam deck and building a library for it. Fanatical should do more Steam Deck verified bundles.

I picked up

Blasphemous
Morbid: 7 Acolytes
Golf Club Wasteland
Intravenous
Far Lone Sails
Speed Limit
198X

Nuts

Horizon Chase Turbo and Yooka-Laylee are also great but I have them on PS4.
Just keep checking their site because this is the third time I have seem a bundle like this from them since I got mine...also if when checking through their bundles scroll down to where they show a video and a description.

Fanantical is really good about labelling SteamDeck Verified or SteamDeck Playable

(go back to that bundle you just picked up and you will see what I mean)

Yeah. I don't want to be super negative about this one as it's not necessarily an awful bundle, but there's so many rebundled games in it, and the past six months on Fanatical has been like "How many different ways can we put the same 30-40 games into as many bundles as possilbe"

Yeah. I don't want to be super negative about this one as it's not necessarily and awful bundle, but there's so many rebundled games in it, and the past six months on Fanatical has been like "How many different ways can we put the same 30-40 games into as many bundles as possilbe"
That’s basically been Fanatical’s strategy since the days of BundleStars, they just cycle the pool of games over time.

Yeah. I don't want to be super negative about this one as it's not necessarily and awful bundle, but there's so many rebundled games in it, and the past six months on Fanatical has been like "How many different ways can we put the same 30-40 games into as many bundles as possilbe"
Every once in awhile they will have a bundle where there are a handful of new games that have never been bundled before. Then those games enter the pool of the other 95% of games that have been bundled to death.

Yeah Fanatical has pretty good bundles once in a blue moon. Otherwise it's the same set of games recycled over and over. Humble usually gets new games themselves, but they charge premiums. I don't do either the platinum monthly (more newer expensive games) or like the 2 game for like $12 bundles. Honestly I think IG may be getting more of my business nowadays, but that's more for HH bundle prices.

I'm fine with their re-bundling because it's not as if I buy every bundle.  Some mixes are better than others and it's not like they only put out one bundle at a time.

I'm fine with their re-bundling because it's not as if I buy every bundle. Some mixes are better than others and it's not like they only put out one bundle at a time.
Same here...

Most bundles there's 1-2 games I'm interested in. Knowing how Fanatical works, I'm okay waiting for a build-a-bundle or a bundle with 4-5 that I'm interested in.

I'm hoping for a horror game bundle with evil within 1 and 2, along with other games at the end of the month. It feels relatively likely.

Pumped MysterD's Mom like a Pro - SOOOO-WOULD-YOUUU
giphy.gif

It was evil of Fanatical to bundle so many repeats for $6.66

There's now also a 6.66% discount coupon available but it's not valid on Star Deals and a host of other games listed in the exclusions link.  Today's Star Deal is Monster Train for $5 which I tempted to get as I have no interest in the other stuff in the Humble Choice.

There's now also a 6.66% discount coupon available but it's not valid on Star Deals and a host of other games listed in the exclusions link. Today's Star Deal is Monster Train for $5 which I tempted to get as I have no interest in the other stuff in the Humble Choice.
I'll sell you my copy of Monster Train with the collectors stuff from the bundle for $5 bucks if you want it.

The SCREAM666 coupon code currently cuts 6.66 percent off the price.

Build Your Own Horror Triple Pack

3 for $2.99

The Cat Lady

DISTRAINT: Deluxe Edition (Included as 1 selection in Distraint Double Pack)
DISTRAINT 2 (Included as 1 selection in Distraint Double Pack)
The Final Station

GARAGE: Bad Trip

The Innsmouth Case

Intruders: Hide and Seek

JANITOR BLEEDS
Let Them Come
Monstrum
The Music Machine
Nomad Survival
Savage Halloween
STASIS
Subway Midnight
Tesla vs Lovecraft

Not a bad selection I may go for 3 of them.

Subway midnight and garage looked interesting so picked them up along with the janitor game cus idk I didn't have it yet lol. For $3 I'll take it!

Platinum Build Your Own Bundle November

3 for $9.99, 5 for $14.99, 7 for $19.99

Adios
Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure
Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery
Calico
The Darkside Detective
The Darkside Detective: A Fumble in the Dark
Family Man
Hypnospace Outlaw
Learning Factory
MudRunner
Mutazione
Nanotale - Typing Chronicles
Not Tonight
Old School Musical
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 - Season Pass Edition
Space Hulk: Tactics
The Wild Eight
TombStar
Wolfenstein: The New Order

Keys from Phantom Bundle (either have or not interested).  Also please let me know what's taken so i can edit post as time passes.  I haven't bought a mystery pack in a while and this one was a complete  bust (even the ones I kept weren't amazing).

SoulCraft

M8ADV-A4NIR-H4BR5

Headsnatchers

33Z0K-QQHYH-GLVGA

Barrow Hill: Curse of the Ancient Circle

FWIJA-N7PJV-9ZPNI

Peaky Blinders: Mastermind

0DZTK-3ZMJ3-MIRL8

Sparklite

LA6MQ-LV0KB-8DGHT

Race.a.bit

ER5CA-B06XY-D6E0L