Fantastic deal for people with Hastings within distance (4 for 1, PS2) B&M

bil4l

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have done this numerous times and it works to perfection. First stop at a local Wal Mart and pick up the 3 pack of PS2 racing games (Ford Racing, Corvette, Super Trucks Racing) for $10. Then stop at a Gamestop or EB and find the cheapest unscratched PS2 game you can, usually $4 or $5 Max. Then open the three racing titles and take the four opened games to a Hastings and trade them in for a new PS2 title up to $59.99. This works flawlessly, however you need to be 18 and have a state issued Identification card, or a Driver's liscence. So far I have picked up MGS3, Taiko Drum Master, and Time Crisis: Crisis Zone, which retail at Hastings for a total of $170 all for around $50. If you have the time to do this it is well worth the money you save. However the one stipulation is that you can only trade platform for platform (Ps2 for Ps2, Xbox for Xbox etc.) Since I don't know of a 3 for $10 game pack for Xbox I only do it for PS2. However if you want to grab 4 $5 XBOX or GCN games this would work just the same.

Oh I'm sorry, I know many people know about the 4 for 1 deal, however the 3 pack of games for $10 sweetens this deal tenfold, which is why I dropped a post on this.

In essence with this deal you could get 5 brand new games, even guncon or drum games as in my case tor under $75 if you got 5 four dollar PS2 games from Gamestop.

I have personally posted this deal many, many times, as well as others.

Then open the three racing titles and take the four opened games to a Hastings and trade them in for a new PS2 title up to $59.99. This works flawlessly, however you need to be 18 and have a state issued Identification card, or a Driver's liscence.

Wrong.. sorta. You can leave them sealed. They don't care. The max on games is 49.99. There's also a DVD 4 for 1 (29.99 max) and a CD 4 for 1 (19.99 max).

However the one stipulation is that you can only trade platform for platform (Ps2 for Ps2, Xbox for Xbox etc.)

YMMV and depends on how big of a talker you are. I made friends with a stoner that works at mine and can exchange any platform for any platform. He lets me mix and match and trade multiples. I've personally got over 10 $49.99 games this way, it's very quick and effective.

If there's any CAG'ers with like 1000+ posts (so I know you're dedicated), you guys could send me four games and tell me what new game you'd want and I'd go do this deal for you.

[quote name='Scorch']I have personally posted this deal many, many times, as well as others.

Then open the three racing titles and take the four opened games to a Hastings and trade them in for a new PS2 title up to $59.99. This works flawlessly, however you need to be 18 and have a state issued Identification card, or a Driver's liscence.

Wrong.. sorta. You can leave them sealed. They don't care. The max on games is 49.99. There's also a DVD 4 for 1 (29.99 max) and a CD 4 for 1 (19.99 max).

However the one stipulation is that you can only trade platform for platform (Ps2 for Ps2, Xbox for Xbox etc.)

YMMV and depends on how big of a talker you are. I made friends with a stoner that works at mine and can exchange any platform for any platform. He lets me mix and match and trade multiples. I've personally got over 10 $49.99 games this way, it's very quick and effective.

If there's any CAG'ers with like 1000+ posts (so I know you're dedicated), you guys could send me four games and tell me what new game you'd want and I'd go do this deal for you.[/quote]

really? It sounds like media play and the thing they have on Tuesdays.

thats a sweet deal but all the crappy games I have I trade into gamerush.

It's exactly like the deal at Media Play, except you can't use sports games.

I'm lucky enough to live in a town where I can trade three sports games for $25 at a local shop, TWO stores that do 4 for 1s, in addition to an EB, TRU, Target, and a GameCrazy.. so I want to share with everyone :)

Ummm dude at every Hastings in my area (Albuquerque NM) You can get up to a $59.99 game. I have actually done this three times in the past week. I picked up a Time Crisis with Guncon and yesterday I grabbed 2 Taiko Drum Master games because my friend wanted a drum. You really might want to check even if the associate says it doesn't work, let them scan it to see even if they verbally dispute that a $60 game will work.

I do this at Media Play on Tuesdays with the Wal Mart 3 pack. They only allow a new game $49.99 or less. I had to open the games so they could verify that the boxes weren't empty.

I have done this 2 weeks in a row, this will be week 3.

I've done this deal many times also.

I tried trading in 4 games for Halo LE a couple of weeks ago, and it didn't work because of the $49.99 rule, and had to settle for the regular edition.

The $59.99 is likely YMMV. The rule on my local Hastings game case clearly states $49.99 as the max trade in value on games.

In any case, this deal is a great mix with $4.99 game sales that come around every so often. You can't beat a new release for $19.96!

:shock: Hastings takes the three games from the Wal-Mart $10 racing three pack?!?!? That's pretty surprising, as I tried to trade in "Bombastic!" at one point, and they told me that they do not accept "budget games".

Anyway, I agree that it is a great deal. I got "Star Wars: Battlefront", "Mortal Kombat: Deception" and "WWE Smackdown! VS. RAW" that way. :)

My Hastings is real picky about budget games as well. I'm almost certain they'd turn down the 3 racing games at mine.

I'd test my theory, but I don't want to be stuck with 3 crappy PS2 racing games. :lol:

Holy Crap! An awesome deal in my area!? Hell Has Officially Frozen Over.

I'll be doing this sometime this week.

Thanks,
Chris

Looks like I have the crunkest Hastings location around. I can trade in 4 for a game up to $60 and they take the racing games. However some douche told me I couldn't trade in ATV offroad fury because "We don't take used games, you give us 4 new games and we make them into a used product." because I left part of the used label from gamestop on the case. That dipshit, totally pissed me off and I had to wait til yesterday to get Taiko. I wanted to severe every vein on his body and crush his skull, simply for being an ignorant jackass. There's no logical reason for anyone on earth to be that stupid.

[quote name='bil4l']Is Media Play's deal 3 for 1? I wish I had one if that is the case.[/quote]

No its 4 for 1, but i usually trade in the 3 pack plus one of my unwanted games.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']so where are hastings located?[/quote]

Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
New Mexico
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Washington
Wyoming

However the fucking ones in Washington don't do the game trade in deal or at least the 4 I went to don't. :(

Just another tidbit, YMMV.....I bought a few of the racing 3-packs and tried selling just those games back. This means I unwrapped 3 games and took another one from another pack, a duplicate, and used it as well. I asked the sales clerk if it mattered if the games were duplicates, she said no. I also asked if the platform had to be the same, she said it depended on what the computer would allow. I tried it, traded in four of the PS2 racing games for NFSU 2 for XBOX, and it worked. So unless it's clearly marked, definitely try to get games for different platforms if that suits you better. And if you can get the four racing games to work as I did, their value totals $13.33 from Wal-Mart. I also got PoP:WW and GTA:SA by doing this.

Does anyone know or can confirm if this works with Gameboy Advance?

Also, anyone have an ending date of this sale?

Thanks,
Chris

No, it doesn't work for GBA.. Pretty sure it clearly states "XBox, PS2 and GC".

It's not a sale. It's a year round deal.

The computer will allow you to do anything. You can trade in four copies of Jet Set Radio Future for a Gamecube game if you want, the only problem is finding an employee that will allow it.

[quote name='dwsscs']The Media Play thing is not a year round thing, is it? I thought it was just Tuesdays.[/quote]

That deal has ended.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='dwsscs']The Media Play thing is not a year round thing, is it? I thought it was just Tuesdays.[/quote]

That deal has ended.[/quote]

You mean permanently?

Maryland has no small chains... GOD DAMN YOU BIG BUSINESS...

yeah wal-mart, target, k-mart.. I'm looking at you guys.

[quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='dwsscs']The Media Play thing is not a year round thing, is it? I thought it was just Tuesdays.[/quote]

That deal has ended.[/quote]

You mean permanently?[/quote]

As far as I know, the trade-in deal on Tuesdays for Media Play is dead until further notice

[quote name='PhrostByte']Maryland has no small chains... GOD DAMN YOU BIG BUSINESS...

yeah wal-mart, target, k-mart.. I'm looking at you guys.[/quote]

If it makes you feel any better, all the K-Marts within 50 miles of here closed down... :lol:

[quote name='Zincdust']:shock: Hastings takes the three games from the Wal-Mart $10 racing three pack?!?!? That's pretty surprising, as I tried to trade in "Bombastic!" at one point, and they told me that they do not accept "budget games".

Anyway, I agree that it is a great deal. I got "Star Wars: Battlefront", "Mortal Kombat: Deception" and "WWE Smackdown! VS. RAW" that way. :)[/quote]

Man, I liked Bombastic. :(

So, has anyone else found out if those three games from the Wal-Mart $10 racing pack will work for the Hastings trade-in or not? Just curious, as I know that some Hastings operate differently from others.

A lot of Wal-Marts are running out of the racing 3-packs, does anyone know if they will continue to get those in? I'm hoping they'll get more stock, meaning more games for me.

My Wal-Mart is running out of the 3-packs, and I think the chances for a restock are slim to none. If you want them, buy them now while you have the chance.

And if you're buying them just to trade it at Hastings, you're an asshole and you're going to shut down the deal for those of us that do this deal with normal games. I should tip them off not to accept those games, just to ruin your fun.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider "normal" games? The $5 games people pick up at CC or TRU or BB? Or are you one of the people who buy a new game and trade it in a week later with three other new, expensive games so that you can get the shaft and get one new game in exchange for $200 worth of your week-old stuff?

...oh yea? People screwing over places by buying cheapy games to get good games? Going to ruin our fun? Aren't you missing the point completely? Go ahead and tip them off...the whole point is that it is legit, you're just abusing the system. That is Americana man.

I personally didn't get the three-game pack just to use for the deal... It was purchased for me as a gift, and I personally think that all three games are crap. Just looking to trade them in for something I would enjoy, that's all.

[quote name='Zincdust']So, has anyone else found out if those three games from the Wal-Mart $10 racing pack will work for the Hastings trade-in or not? Just curious, as I know that some Hastings operate differently from others.[/quote]

I did it 4 times and 4 times it worked. I'll do it next week too and when Suikoden will be released.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Out of curiosity, what do you consider "normal" games? The $5 games people pick up at CC or TRU or BB? Or are you one of the people who buy a new game and trade it in a week later with three other new, expensive games so that you can get the shaft and get one new game in exchange for $200 worth of your week-old stuff?[/quote]

I love how you stereotype me. A "normal" game is one they can sell back. There's a huge difference in trading in some mediocre generic racing game and a copy of Need For Speed Underground that was $5 at Circuit City.

...oh yea? People screwing over places by buying cheapy games to get good games? Going to ruin our fun? Aren't you missing the point completely? Go ahead and tip them off...the whole point is that it is legit, you're just abusing the system. That is Americana man.

No, YOU'RE abusing the system. How can you not see that? You're trading in stuff that they cannot resell and are blatantly ripping them off.

If you trade in the car games once, that's different. That's okay. If you trade them in over and over, that's just being an asshole. There's plenty of cheap games you can give them for $5 or less that they can resell, but they're going to know something is up when they check the quantity and notice they have 10,000 copies of Corvette at all the locations.

Whatever. Do what you want, but if they either shut down or your Hastings closes down due to low sells, don't whine about it. It'd even be different if it was a three for $10 pack of stuff like Jak, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper. They can resell that.

Whatever. It doesn't matter what I say, you're all going to call me a jerk or a narc or something just because I and other people are GRATEFUL for this amazing deal and actually trade in decent games that they can resell.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Stupid Washington hastings (Spokane Valley) didn't have the trade-in deal. Anyone from Washington find a Hastings that accepts trade-in games?[/quote]

Yeah, both of the Hastings here in Tri-Cities (Kennewick-Pasco-Richland) do the deal, but I'v been turned down on a couple of the games I've tried to trade in (the afore-mentioned "Bombastic!" and "Mad Maestro!"), due to those titles being "budget games". That's why I'm leary of trading in the racing three-pack games.

[quote name='6669']Damn, there's a Hastings like 20 mins from here, but its outta town. :([/quote]

are you serious? you're whining about a 20 minute drive? get over it! :roll: geez!

The nearest Hastings to me is nearly 4 or 5 hours away! I live in Florida and the closest one is southwest of Atlanta, GA. The closest Media Play is in Macon, GA, which is 3 - 4 hours away! Get over it!

[quote name='Scorch']Whatever. It doesn't matter what I say, you're all going to call me a jerk or a narc or something just because I and other people are GRATEFUL for this amazing deal and actually trade in decent games that they can resell.[/quote]

Damn right people are grateful for this deal. I know I am. As are others, who Scorch has done this for.

And I just found out there are Hastings in my state, just an hour and a half away. Makes it easier to have someone do this, who's gone through this process before.

The games I'm using for this T4G1 deal are all good solid games they can turn around and re-sell. Not the crap from WalMart's 3 pack of crap racing games. That's why they do it, they get games they can make money on from the trade value they offer. When it's all crap they get, then it's a deal that'll disappear soon enough.

Just because some people feed them crap games doesn't mean everyone else does it.

Damn, Scorch doesn't have to do this for anyone, he's trying to be a good guy and help out other CAGs, and I am very happy he's willing to do it. Don't bitch him out because you're feeding Hastings crap games and assume he's doing the same. Furthermore, why do you think you can crap over his generosity. He doesn't have to do this for anyone, and I applaud him for doing it for those of us that don't have one handy.

bread's done
Back