Fantastic Four Extended Edition to have FF 2 movie ticket

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Just giving people a heads up way in advance.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/fantasticfournews.php?id=5422

Extended Edition also has 20 minutes of footage spliced back into the film.

I'm down for that.

Comes out June 5th.

As an added bonus for fans, the Fantastic Four Extended Edition DVD will also include a Movie Money coupon good for one free admission (up to $8.50) to Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer when it debuts in theaters on June 15th.

Too bad Spider-Man 2.1 didn't have a ticket.

20 minutes? Damn that much made it to the cutting room floor eh? Didn't like it the first time around, wonder if that 20 minutes helps.

[quote name='coolsteel']20 minutes? Damn that much made it to the cutting room floor eh? Didn't like it the first time around, wonder if that 20 minutes helps.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if maybe it's like Daredevil, where the extended cut supposedly made it halfway decent.

It's a shame that the extended cut of Daredevil wasn't the film we saw in theaters. fucking test audiences. Daredevil is actually a really good movie despite what you might have heard.

[quote name='furyk']It's a shame that the extended cut of Daredevil wasn't the film we saw in theaters. fucking test audiences. Daredevil is actually a really good movie despite what you might have heard.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I got the extended cut for $10 I think when it was on sale after watching the theatrical cut on HBO because I heard it was so much better... still haven't gotten around to watching it though.

If the novelization was supposed to be the actual cut of the film, then yes, it should be ten times better than the theatrical cut.....they cut out some good parts like when Ben went to meet Alicia at her studio.....and Doom getting angry and crushing a diamond ring into dust when Sue didnt show up for dinner

It'd have to be a pretty massive jump in quality. I saw the potential for a good movie in Daredevil... not so much with Fantastic Four. Then I see the FF 2 trailer looking much better then the original then all of a sudden
I find out Galactus is supposed to be a intergalactic cloud of doom
and the sheer stupidity of that makes me not want to bother.

[quote name='furyk']It'd have to be a pretty massive jump in quality. I saw the potential for a good movie in Daredevil... not so much with Fantastic Four. Then I see the FF 2 trailer looking much better then the original then all of a sudden
and the sheer stupidity of that makes me not want to bother.[/QUOTE]

But shit, Galactus being a ten billion foot tall purple and blue man with horns who eats planets is kind of a stupid concept in and of itself.

Don't get me wrong, I like Galactus, but to a non comic book fan (which is where these movies are aimed for the most part), Galactus in his Marvel incarnation looks pretty damn stupid.

I'm not saying the change is awesome, but I could see why a change is kinda needed.

[quote name='Roufuss']But shit, Galactus being a ten billion foot tall purple and blue man with horns who eats planets is kind of a stupid concept in and of itself.

Don't get me wrong, I like Galactus, but to a non comic book fan (which is where these movies are aimed for the most part), Galactus in his Marvel incarnation looks pretty damn stupid.

I'm not saying the change is awesome, but I could see why a change is kinda needed.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that he wears a skirt too...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Don't forget that he wears a skirt too...[/quote]

It's not a skirt, it's a kilt...the size of Scotland.

Thanks Roufuss I'll be sure to pick up a copy.

[quote name='furyk']It's a shame that the extended cut of Daredevil wasn't the film we saw in theaters. fucking test audiences. Daredevil is actually a really good movie despite what you might have heard.[/quote]
Definately! Daredevil is one of my favorite movies, the extended version made it even better.

Christ, why even buy movies OR games when they come out anymore?

DMC3: Special Edition, RE4 PS2, MGS3 Subsistence, KH2 Final Mix
Spider-Man Deluxe, Spider-Man 2.1, Punisher, FFVII Advent Children Uber Edition, Sin City

fucking double dipping assholes.

Meh, the local theater hasn't been taking these tickets for a while now. Thanks for informing me about the extended cut though, I haven't seen this yet and I guess that'd be a good place to start.

[quote name='redgopher']Christ, why even buy movies OR games when they come out anymore?

DMC3: Special Edition, RE4 PS2, MGS3 Subsistence, KH2 Final Mix
Spider-Man Deluxe, Spider-Man 2.1, Punisher, FFVII Advent Children Uber Edition, Sin City

fucking double dipping assholes.[/QUOTE]

This one I saw coming as soon as they starting showing trailers for FF 2... I was wondering when they'd announce an extended edition.

I noticed on Moviestop's release list they had this pegged as "Fantastic Four Special Edition" and decided to do some digging ;)

But yea, it sucks when they wait a whole year to release the version that should have been out the first time.

Ghost Rider has the theatrical cut AND the extended edition out on the same day, so none of this double dipping BS (hopefully).

This is why I am picky about which dvds to buy now. If I know there is a sequel coming out, more than likely they will have some kind of a new edition dvd to come out before the movie.

I bet there is no blu-ray version of the extended cut either. I had the Daredevil Extended cut and I did not think it was that much better. In fact Coolio was kind of annoying if you ask me. I would give the original a C and the extended a C+.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I bet there is no blu-ray version of the extended cut either. I had the Daredevil Extended cut and I did not think it was that much better. In fact Coolio was kind of annoying if you ask me. I would give the original a C and the extended a C+.[/quote]

I enjoyed the whole extra thing with Bullseye when he's on the hospital bed and kills that fly. I thought that should have stayed with the original cut.

[quote name='furyk']It's a shame that the extended cut of Daredevil wasn't the film we saw in theaters. fucking test audiences. Daredevil is actually a really good movie despite what you might have heard.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.

[quote name='furyk']It'd have to be a pretty massive jump in quality. I saw the potential for a good movie in Daredevil... not so much with Fantastic Four. Then I see the FF 2 trailer looking much better then the original then all of a sudden
and the sheer stupidity of that makes me not want to bother.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. Galactus should not be changed.

I think I'm the only person that fucking loved the theatrical Daredevil. Unfortunately, I bought the director's cut of Daredevil when it was on sale, and I can't stand it. At least the theatrical cut is cohesive and well-paced. Yeah they added some nice scenes in the DC, but it wasn't worth the trade off in my opinion.

Still gotta get the normal version on DVD cause no way i'm watching that director's cut again.

*sigh* I just bought the original Fantastic Four DVD last night (it was only $5 used, mint, mind you..) I should see if I can swap it for another movie that is also cheap. With this version having both the theatrical and extended versions (on the same disc.. ahh seamless branching) and a 2nd disc with tons of bonus stuff, not to mention the free ticket... I really need to return it. This is what I get for not checking this site as frequently as I had before.

Wow I'm going to have to get the extended version of daredevil. I thought film was ok but if the extended version is that good I'm going to buy it and also FF4.

[quote name='rightbackin']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8328856&type=product&id=1490739

Looks like BB dropped the price down to $9.99 for the Extended Edition WITH movie ticket.[/quote]

Yea, I saw that crap yesterday. I was like WTF?!!

I already seen the damn movie, and my reasoning for not buying the Extended Version is because its 19.99. My ticket cost me 4 bucks and it wouldn't of been that great of a deal. Unlike the Oceans 11/12 and free ticket. Now that was good.

But I think I'm gonna have to pick it up, now that its at 10 bucks. Can't pass that up... Guess I'll have to see the movie again or something. Can't waste a free ticket.

You can also use the $4 off coupon to get the Extended Edition for $6! I got it today (took me awhile to find it, and then there wasn't a sale sign so I got someone to check the price for me) for $6.35 total.

You can find the coupon here if you're interested:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=503938

Many thanks to davethomasowns on DVDTalk!

And sorry if this has been mentioned previously in another thread.

[quote name='Alien Spider']You can also use the $4 off coupon to get the Extended Edition for $6! I got it today (took me awhile to find it, and then there wasn't a sale sign so I got someone to check the price for me) for $6.35 total.

And sorry if this has been mentioned previously in another thread.[/quote]

Thanks a lot. $6 for FF is ok by me.

[quote name='Alien Spider']You can also use the $4 off coupon to get the Extended Edition for $6! I got it today (took me awhile to find it, and then there wasn't a sale sign so I got someone to check the price for me) for $6.35 total.

And sorry if this has been mentioned previously in another thread.[/quote]

I didn't have the resources to print that coupon out, but brought it up to a Best Buy Employee and he had one coupon left of the FF:EE and Borat. I took both, thinking if I might get Borat in the future. But 6 bucks and some change, not bad.

Thanks for telling everybody about the coupon!!

[quote name='Squall835']Does anyone know how long BB will be selling this for 9.99?[/quote]

today, saturday, should be the last day. new ads out on sunday.

does anyone know how much is the value of the free ticket? the theaters in NYC costs 11bucks. i know i have to pay the difference.

nevermind i just came back. the value is 8.50. u know whats funny? i went to BB then i found out i forgot to print out the coupon. i bought the dvd anyway.

bread's done
Back