Far Cry 2 PS3 - $14.99 Amazon

What I played of it wasn't buggy, but it was AWFUL. I can't remember if I played it on the Playstation or Xbox...I think Playstation. Looks nice, ran well...but just horrible, painful gameplay I wish I could pull out of my brain.

I can understand how some people could love it though, but I think it's a really love it or hate it game, and it's not a normal FPS (or something like Bioshock/Deus Ex for that matter either).

For myself, I hate every design decision they made.

I remember there was so much hype going on about this game before it was released so I wanted to buy it so bad thinking it was going to be the next high rated game but for me.. meh I would rather be playing some PC version of toyland (note my sarcasm folks)

Ordered this used from familyvideo for $10 last week but haven't played it yet. Nice to know I'm in for a buggy ride when I get around to it.

I liked it, but I certainly understand those who didn't. The game is absolutely gorgeous and vast, and I think a good game world can often make me overlook some of a game's other flaws, which I did in this case. It definitely takes a lot of patience (and driving around) though.

[quote name='bvharris']I liked it, but I certainly understand those who didn't. The game is absolutely gorgeous and vast, and I think a good game world can often make me overlook some of a game's other flaws, which I did in this case. It definitely takes a lot of patience (and driving around) though.[/QUOTE]

I agree. For $15. Go get it!

The game world definitely is beautiful. One of the best-looking game maps of this size out there. That's why it was so disappointing to me that the world itself felt so lifeless. EVERYONE is out to kill you. Imagine playing GTA, and almost every, single other human you encounter wants you dead. And it's not even like that makes the game hard. It just makes everything tedious. "Oh, here's another checkpoint in the road. Gonna have to kill these guys...again."

Biggest flaw in the game: Repetitive Gameplay, and you fight the same enemy the entire game for the most part.

I still enjoyed it, and think $20 or less is a good price for it. (I paid $30 I think on Amazon LAST 2008 Black Friday)

Have it on PC and meh. It had the potential to be a GREAT fucking game. But there were some terrible design choices. Good news though, if there's a far cry 3, they'll know not what to do now. I loved the open world design, and just roaming around. But Im sure everyone knows the main problems with it by now.

[quote name='geohouse']$79.99 lol way above new game's retail price.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah.

-Diff cover
-No release date on it
-Rating pending

Trying to trick maybe?

I played the first FarCry on PC, thanks to the Ad-supported version they gave away for free, but I don't know anything bout the sequel.

Not very encouraging comments. Think I'm gonna pass on this one.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The game world definitely is beautiful. One of the best-looking game maps of this size out there. That's why it was so disappointing to me that the world itself felt so lifeless. EVERYONE is out to kill you. Imagine playing GTA, and almost every, single other human you encounter wants you dead. And it's not even like that makes the game hard. It just makes everything tedious. "Oh, here's another checkpoint in the road. Gonna have to kill these guys...again."[/QUOTE]

Yeah I enjoyed the first hour or two of it... then once I started the missions I was only able to get through about 1/4 of them. It has some good shooting mechanics but it was hard to enjoy since all you really do is just go around shooting anything that moves. I heard good things about the 1st one... to bad they didn't cross over into FC2.

bread's done
Back