Far Cry 2 (PS3/360) - $27.99 at Amazon

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']I just picked it up at Target for 4.99, can't go wrong there.[/QUOTE]

Did you hide this game or what? My Target had 5 copies that sold at $27.99... I never saw this game below $19.98. My magic point is $10

I was a huge fan of earlier Far Cry games, so I picked this up as soon as it came out...

Worst gaming purchase ever for me. The "malaria" element of this game = NO FUN. I sold it on Ebay immediately.

The rest of the game might be fun, if you weren't sick with malaria, which makes you slow, and makes your vision blurry...

You realize you can easily get pills and tap the LB once and it won't come back till hours later? (atleast it did for me).

I think the worst part about the game was you didn't get your feral abilities which owned in predator instincts. I miss jumping on people from a mile away. Then again the previous farcry on the 360 was pretty shitty, especially the netcode it was laggy as all hell.

I just think the open world is a bit bland and gets repetitive real quick but the story and gorgeous environment somewhat saves it.

Multi player is easily worth $10 alone tho a bit vanilla.

Personally I am loving this game. One problem I had with previous Far Cry games and Crysis is while those were here is multiple ways to assault a base, it still felt too linear for me. Also I didn't feel attached to the world, it was a random jungle.

Far Cry 2 fixes this for me. The vast world allows me to play how I feel like. Also I noticed a lot more realism with this game, and I enjoy that very much. I like how I need to shoot a guy a few times to kill him and how my gun jams often if I use a enemy's gun.

The game would have been better if it had more (and faster) methods of travel. The notorious enemy checkpoints should have been fixed by a patch, but this one one of those "ship it and forget it" games that are all too common.

I wouldn't exactly call that realism, having to shoot a guy that many times. But at least once you get accuracy and reliability upgrades your guns to "feel" more effective.

I often find games annoying if you have to shoot 10 or more times to kill them, i'd say 5 or less is realistic, unless of course you shoot someone in the hand 5 times... I'm talking chest shots though. So there's a thin line of what is too much and what is not enough.
151l1344.jpg

My biggest issue was that they blew an opportunity to really take advantage of an interesting game world. Every check point you get attacked? WTF? Why would EVERYONE in this country want to shoot me? It would have been cool to drive up to a checkout (have less of them, though) and have to bullshit your way past it. And why does every place have just soldiers? Why not some regular folks? To get missions from? Or to help? Or anything!

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']... I like how I need to shoot a guy a few times to kill him and how my gun jams often if I use a enemy's gun.[/QUOTE]

A few times!? I swear I shot a guy with no shirt on point blank at least six times and right before I died I had to whip out the machete just to kill him. This happens way too often. I can understand the enemies with body armor on but alot of them aren't wearing any. I did like the fact that you can get headshots, even with a pistol. The gun jams aren't that bad but when the gun just disappears on you leaving you with nothing in the middle of a battle it sucks. I will say the more I play it the better it gets but there is alot to overlook in order to enjoy it.

The game should've just ripped off Boiling Point.

Boiling Point had you in a massive jungle country looking for your daughter. Inventory, a half dozen or so warring factions, faction relationships that had serious negatives and were REALLY difficult to keep up given how often the factions wanted you to wreck each other, money being really something to manage...

bread's done
Back