Farcry and Doom 3 CD-Keys - GONE

virtualmadden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Looking through my desk the other day and found these on a piece of paper. I haven't touched either game in a long time, but have lots of fond memories. I'd like to give them away to two people that would enjoy them. Depending on how many people respond, I'll pick a random post on July 19. Only posts with which one you'd like and a favorite moment from the respective game series will be considered.

I never played much online with these and have no way of checking if they still work properly, so good luck.

Edit: Check my last post for winners!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can put me in for the Doom 3 key. I've been interested in checking out a few Doom 3 mods for a while now. The Dark Mod in particular, but I wouldn't mind bugging a friend to run through the co-op mod with me as well.

As for a favorite moment, uh...trying to conquer the first two games was quite a challenge back in the day. But they didn't really have set piece moments like games do these days. I've played Doom 3 in the past but I wasn't a huge fan of the monster closets and the writing which took itself too seriously to be considered campy—it was just bad. The premise of the game was fine, but they didn't really flesh it out right. Also: Duct Tape.

i know that if you haven't already been dealt the sympathy card it will come up soon, but seriously I would give you so many X's and O's for that doom 3 code. I never got to appreciate it to the extent i should have, and it would be nostalgic and make me happy and all that jazz ((:)D)))

I remember being a wimp back in the old days and not playing Farcry or the first Doom even. I usually watched my older brother play them. I remember Farcry and that first point of just starting out on a pier and seeing all the enemies on the beach. I thought it was amazing for the time but haven't played the game more than 5 min out of trying.

FarCry would be awesome. Seeing the game on a friend's computer for the first time blew my mind. The graphics, weapons, and story were fantastic when it came out, and hopefully hold up today :)

I played the demo for Doom 3 but never got around to buying it. I'd be up for the full game. I love horror games and shooters, so this is right up my alley. In for the Doom key.

I'd like the Doom 3 plz

Favorite moments: I was about 11 or 12 when I first played the game and i was scared to death of some of the scenes. I'd love to revisit the game and conquer my fears :D

Thanks!

Im in for the Farcry cd key because i Farcry is one of my favortie games as I played at a friends house and really got addicted and wanted to steal it

I'd say FarCry. It was the first PC-based shooter I really enjoyed, pretty much from the moment you start. That beach area was stunning, and I loved mowing down all the enemies with my jeep.

Once you got into the jungles and facilities, it become more intense with the CQC, and while it was still fun, you would be more 'on-edge' as well.

Great game, though I never owned it myself, as my personal PC at the time wouldn't run it.

I'd like a Doom 3 key! I never played any of the previous Doom games, so I would really like to try one. By the way, is there a way to download the game with your key? I don't own it, so a key would be useless to me without the game.

Far Cry would be great, since I own Doom 3.

I think my favorite moment was just the visuals of Far Cry, the game looking so amazing when it first came out. The level editor was very cool as well. The other thing that was great about that game was the sandbox style game play in an FPS. Crytek really went crazy with their next release of Crysis (which I finally have a system that will run the game).

I would like to be entered for Doom 3 as I have yet to play that iteration of the Doom series.

I'd say my proudest moment from the Doom series was finally beating the original game for the first time a few months ago when I bought the XBLA version. I loved playing the original back on Win/DOS but I could never play though the whole game because it freaked me out (I was only about seven or eight) and I only got to play it when I visited my father at the fire department (one of the guys there installed it on the chief's computer lol). Playing the game again after so long was so nostalgic and brought back many awesome memories.

[quote name='keop0007']I would like some of that sweet potato pie![/QUOTE]

Wait, someone's giving away sweet potato pie?

Loved the responses so far. I really enjoyed both and hated the damn spiders in Doom 3. Something about insects does not sit well, especially when they want to kill you.

In for Doom 3. My favorite moment from that game had to be the first time the lost souls showed up. Just hearing that woman (apparently the only woman on Mars?) sobbing the whole level until you reached her office was super eerie. And then a monster flies out of her face.

In for Far Cry, I bought it about a week ago from half-price books...and of course it has no cd key inside :bomb:.

Never got around to playing it, so the best fond memory I have of the game is how when it came out, everyone use to brag about how their computer could run it at --fps almost at max res! lol

I'd be in for Far Cry. I love'd how open the game was. It was the first island based sandbox type shooter that I had seen.

And I loved sniping people in the game. For some reason I had the most fun doing that.

[quote name='JustinSaneV2']I would like to be entered for Doom 3 as I have yet to play that iteration of the Doom series.

I'd say my proudest moment from the Doom series was finally beating the original game for the first time a few months ago when I bought the XBLA version. I loved playing the original back on Win/DOS but I could never play though the whole game because it freaked me out (I was only about seven or eight) and I only got to play it when I visited my father at the fire department (one of the guys there installed it on the chief's computer lol). Playing the game again after so long was so nostalgic and brought back many awesome memories.[/QUOTE]

I just found this mod which could give Doom 3 even more replay value as it offers a remake of the original Doom games on the Doom 3 engine.

I would like doom 3 please.

My favorite moment in the doom series would have to be when I opened a door and there was an enemy right in my face, then I shotgunned him down.

This is a difficult one. I've played Doom 3 on the xbox. Now I have a pc powerful enough to run a 6 year old game. I also played farcry on both the xbox and the 360. I really enjoyed both even though I played about half of Far Cry. I was recently playing Doom 3 with my Dad; I recently started playing video games, which is cool.

Put me in for Doom 3.

I would love the Farcry CD key. I used to play it when it was free with advertising and my favorite part of the game was the level with the catacombs.

I love doom 3 the game is fun.

The biggest memory of this game is how it is like a horror game and the enemies just pop out of no where. At first the game seemed really easy and I began to wonder if dying was even possible so when I noticed a dark hole in the group I wondered if it was a shortcut so I jumped down and died. Doom 3 was one of the best games I played that year and I would love to revisit some classic memories.

Awesome responses! I didn't think people would people would be so excited about these. To be fair to my first post about asking for a favorite moment from either series, I picked a random post out of those that followed the entry requirements. So congrats to bdavid81 who got the Farcry key and JustinSaneV2 who got the Doom 3 key. Be on the lookout both of you for a PM.

[quote name='virtualmadden']Awesome responses! I didn't think people would people would be so excited about these. To be fair to my first post about asking for a favorite moment from either series, I picked a random post out of those that followed the entry requirements. So congrats to bdavid81 who got the Farcry key and JustinSaneV2 who got the Doom 3 key. Be on the lookout both of you for a PM.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the key! I will thoroughly enjoy every moment of this game! :D

[quote name='evildeadjedi']There is a mod that does just that :lol:

http://www.fileplanet.com/99139/0/0/0/1/section/DOOM_3_-_Light_Mods[/QUOTE]

bowdown.gif

I know id did it to increase the horror factor but it quickly becomes annoying when I have no idea what I'm shooting.
icon_rolleyes.gif

[quote name='JustinSaneV2']
bowdown.gif

I know id did it to increase the horror factor but it quickly turns into annoying when I have no idea what I'm shooting.
icon_rolleyes.gif
[/QUOTE]

Yes it does, I used the "spray and pray technique" many times in that game before the mod was released.

bread's done
Back