Farscape Blu-ray complete Series, Amazon.com $124.99 pre-order

[quote name='Pookymeister']I'd buy it for $125 if its a true upgrade. If it's an upscale, I'll just keep the DVD set i have.[/QUOTE]From the Google searching I've been doing on it since it was announced, it looks like it's another show that was shot on film and post-produced on video. If that's the case, then it'll be a toss-up on how well it would look on BD.

I agree, if it's just an upscale, it won't be worth the price it's currently at. If it's a good upgrade, then it'll be worth the money.

Another case where jumping on it early might not be worthwhile if it's just an upgrade. Hopefully, they can toss in Peacekeeper Wars in this set and do it in HD, as I know that should look pretty good for when it was made.

Damn, I would jump on it if it was a real upgrade. Otherwise I'll wait it out to see how it is and when it comes down in price.

As long as the 35mm film elements are scanned in HD and brought over to the Blu-ray this should look great.

It would be awesome if they pulled a Star Trek and re-rendered the special effects scenes in HD too but that would be expensive so I'm pretty sure they'll cheap out and not go that far.

[quote name='Xizer']As long as the 35mm film elements are scanned in HD and brought over to the Blu-ray this should look great.

It would be awesome if they pulled a Star Trek and re-rendered the special effects scenes in HD too but that would be expensive so I'm pretty sure they'll cheap out and not go that far.[/QUOTE]
agreed:):):)

bread's done
Back