farscape starburst misc sets 6.99 to 9.99 at bestbuy.com

Scaevola

CAGiversary!
Was looking for odds and ends to fill my ddd order.. missing v10(4.1) and v5 (2.2)

but i found some really cheap starburst versions that I already bought from ddd:(

not sure if I can use the price check though since its a brick and motar

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...##0##c&list=n&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n
Farscape 4: Starburst Edition 2.1 (2 Disc)
SKU: 7158568

Format: DVD
Release Date: 6/21/2005

Farscape 2: Starburst Edition 2 (2 Disc)

Farscape 1: Starburst Edition [2 Discs]
SKU: 6756584

Format: DVD
Release Date: 11/16/2

are all 6.99
a real deal if you ask me I paided $14 ish

Actually I think there actually is a difference with the Disc. That ADV had problems with the first pressings. So the Starburst versions fixed that as well as has all the cool extras.

But I've also heard the Starburst that some people hgave problems playing the dual layers starburst edition discs.

[quote name='darkrage']Whats the diff between the big box and starburst packaging?[/QUOTE]

Starburst sets have tons more extras than the original versions of the Farscape sets.

The strarbursts come in two disc (double sided) and four disc versions. The two disc DVD18s had problems playing, so ADV switched to single sided DVD9s sometime during season 2, i think, and have been replacing the older sets with the four disc versions as well.

I would assume these cheap prices are for the two-disc DVD18 versions. I thought i read somewhere ADV was doing a replacement program for these, but dont hold me to that.

[quote name='sman113']Starburst sets have tons more extras than the original versions of the Farscape sets.

The strarbursts come in two disc (double sided) and four disc versions. The two disc DVD18s had problems playing, so ADV switched to single sided DVD9s sometime during season 2, i think, and have been replacing the older sets with the four disc versions as well.

I would assume these cheap prices are for the two-disc DVD18 versions. I thought i read somewhere ADV was doing a replacement program for these, but dont hold me to that.[/QUOTE]

I bought some of these this past summer from bestbuy.com (same price.) The ones I got where the 4 disc versions.

I was collecting the Starburst collections since it was about half the price for a season compared to the big box sets previously released, but I had a few bad discs(I had to exchange at least 3 sets, and one of them I had to exchange twice) and ADV didn't seem to give a shit, so I just stopped buying them. I don't know what to do, I really want to get the whole series, but I don't want to run into any more disc problems.

I thought I heard ADV changed the format to seperate discs rather than the 2 sided ones that had problems, but I'm not sure which set they started that with. Part of me just really doesn't want to give ADV any more money after the problems that plagued at least a few consecutive volumes, which is absolutely ridiculous since it was a widespread problem and they HAD to know about it before pressing the subsequent sets.

bread's done
Back