Fastest price drops for games over recent years?

Mishimaryu

Banned
If anyone remember Breakdown for Xbox this game was released as 49.99 and within 1 month the price already droped to 19.99 at most stores.

Catwoman took a nosedive pretty fast too, and definitely didn't land on its feet. I don't remember the exact details.

NARC is a quick dropper, in that it went to $20 before being released -- despite having to pay voice talent like Bill Bellamy and Michael Madsen.

Game that should've fallen in price faster: Driv3r.

[quote name='ViolentLee']despite having to pay voice talent like Bill Bellamy and Michael Madsen.[/quote]

Loosest use of the word 'talent.'

narc will sell well just like the early ESPN games from this year..i'm sure they arn't going to lose any money

How about Madden 2005 (and other EA sports titles)
Can you ever remember them dropping so fast as they did this year?

[quote name='CheapyD']How about Madden 2005 (and other EA sports titles)
Can you ever remember them dropping so fast as they did this year?[/quote]

I assume those drops are to increase sales......or maybe gamers are starting to realize its essentially the same game with new rosters a few new tweaks.

Yeah, all the 2005 EA sports games have dropped pretty quickly, except, of course for Tiger Woods 2005, the only one I am interested in. Any deals by the way?

[quote name='Mishimaryu']If anyone remember Breakdown for Xbox this game was released as 49.99 and within 1 month the price already droped to 19.99 at most stores.[/quote]

That really upset me. Breakdown is one of the most original games ive ever played.

RTX Red Rock....dropped from $49.99 to as low as $6.99 in a flash.

Also, Second Sight went from $40 to $20 pretty fast as well. Same for Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Didn't BG&E fall in price pretty fast?[/quote]

Yeah, it was out for a month or so and then dropped to $10 just after the holidays last year.

[quote name='masta0031'][quote name='Mishimaryu']If anyone remember Breakdown for Xbox this game was released as 49.99 and within 1 month the price already droped to 19.99 at most stores.[/quote]

That really upset me. Breakdown is one of the most original games ive ever played.[/quote]

It didn't hold my interest for very long, though the things it did in first-person were definitely unique and original -- even if the first-person puking at the beginning may be a little much for some people.

The Gamecube version of Freekstyle dropped from $49.99 to $19.99 within a month of it's release back in 2002. It really wasn't a bad game, either.

Blinx 2 hit the $19.99 mark about a month from it's release as well, pretty much because it just couldn't compete with everything on the market.

Outrun 2 came out in late October for $39.99 and Wal-Mart was selling it for $19.99 in early December. Blinx 2 came out even later and Wal-Mart dropped that at the same time.

Catwoman though may have been the quickest drop (wasn't that under a month?)

One that comes to mind is KOF:Maximum Impact .. was it me or did that fall fast? I remember my brother wanted it and then it was maybe a week later or two.. it dropped down quick.

You don't think it's because of the 19.99 SEGA sports games do you? I went with Sega last year...

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='CheapyD']How about Madden 2005 (and other EA sports titles)
Can you ever remember them dropping so fast as they did this year?[/quote]

I assume those drops are to increase sales......or maybe gamers are starting to realize its essentially the same game with new rosters a few new tweaks.[/quote]

Target had it for 29.99 but when I went back it was gone... what other retailers had it for less than 49.99?

[quote name='1SwtDeception']One that comes to mind is KOF:Maximum Impact .. was it me or did that fall fast? I remember my brother wanted it and then it was maybe a week later or two.. it dropped down quick.[/quote]

bread's done
Back