Fat PS3 died, Need Replacement

ZeroXFlame

CAGiversary!
So my trusty 6yrs+ fat ps3 80gb backwards compatible died :cry: so i need a replacement for it. Backwards compatible is a must for me because i've couple of ps2 games/ps3 backlogs i need to finish. Is there any good deals left on these still exist in this world? plz help T_T

If you got some PS2 saves that you absolutely need to continue you should check your local Craigslist or consider getting your PS3 checked out and repaired.

It's easier and less hurting on the wallet to look for a Slim and a regular PS2, since the former can easily be found for less than $200 and the latter less than $40.

So my trusty 6yrs+ fat ps3 80gb backwards compatible died :cry: so i need a replacement for it. Backwards compatible is a must for me because i've couple of ps2 games/ps3 backlogs i need to finish. Is there any good deals left on these still exist in this world? plz help T_T

My MGS 80GB PS3 just died recently as well :cry: . If your failure was the YLOD, even a repair will be temporary at best.

I went the repair rout for my YLOD (reball/reflow) but the process failed so I was not able to resurrect it, RIP!

I researched obtain another backwards compatible one but they were either refurbs from anyone other than Sony (don't trust any of them, not sure if they're on the verge of the same failure) and new ones are too expensive.

Since I still have my old PS2, I went the new PS3 route, and since I didn't want any of the bundled games, I bought the one that came with another year of PLUS.

If I hadn't had a 3rd party try to repair, I could have swapped it out for one from Sony, looking back I wish I had done that, I just didn't want to be down months.

Best of luck!

TMG

My MGS 80GB PS3 just died recently as well :cry: . If your failure was the YLOD, even a repair will be temporary at best.

I went the repair rout for my YLOD (reball/reflow) but the process failed so I was not able to resurrect it, RIP!

I researched obtain another backwards compatible one but they were either refurbs from anyone other than Sony (don't trust any of them, not sure if they're on the verge of the same failure) and new ones are too expensive.

Since I still have my old PS2, I went the new PS3 route, and since I didn't want any of the bundled games, I bought the one that came with another year of PLUS.

If I hadn't had a 3rd party try to repair, I could have swapped it out for one from Sony, looking back I wish I had done that, I just didn't want to be down months.

Best of luck!

TMG
The cause of my dead ps3 is also due to YLOD :cry:. I tried the home method of resurrecting it by using a heat gun and reflowed it using youtube as a guide but it didn't work. Do you think i should send it to Sony for repair? i heard they charge $150+ tax for repair. Also, i might not get the same one back and they wipe the hard drive with my data on it before sending it back? Or should i go the route detectiveconan16 suggested and just get a new ps3+ps2 combo?

The cause of my dead ps3 is also due to YLOD :cry:. I tried the home method of resurrecting it by using a heat gun and reflowed it using youtube as a guide but it didn't work. Do you think i should send it to Sony for repair? i heard they charge $150+ tax for repair. Also, i might not get the same one back and they wipe the hard drive with my data on it before sending it back? Or should i go the route detectiveconan16 suggested and just get a new ps3+ps2 combo?
I would go with the first method. Nothing beats the factory repair. These CL repair shops are pretty shady. They'll fix it but it won't last long.

bread's done
Back