Fatal Frame 1,2,3 in stock at Gamestop YMMV

MST3K_Servo

CAGiversary!
Cruising around Buffalo yesterday looking for some decent ps2 games to take advantage of the b2g2, i checked out 15+ gamestops and ALL of them had Fatal Frame 1,2, and 3 for the ps2 at 29.99. I Finally asked one of the employees who turned out to be the manager what was up. He told me it was new old stock found at storage unit or some junk. I asked if it was a local thing and he said it was not.

I picked up all 3 and they were all in absolute mint condition.

[quote name='The McMuffin Fanboy']I saw 4 (pretty sure it was 4, it might have been 3) at a GS near me today, not sure if that's as valued at the other 3 though.[/QUOTE]

It's most definitely not 4, I'll tell you that much. :D

Can confirm that manager as well, I talked to a Gamestop employee the other day, Apparently Gamestop is sending a lot previously new ps2 games to stores marked as, "used." So now may be a good time to check out stores for hard to find gems.

They just sent them out in a shipment to most stores. My store got 1, 2, and 3. All brand new but converted to used. They were 30$ each.

They're 20-25 on amazon brand new.

Unless you have some other $20+ games lined up this would be a better bet.

[quote name='nubirdman']Which Buffalo store is it? I'll stop Monday I hope.[/QUOTE]

Honestly just check any GS near you. Chance is they have one or all of them. I got mine from the Deleware Consumer Plaza GS.

Something to point out is that using Gamestop's website to find a copy near you will result in nothing. I dont know if it's not updated yet or if they just arent bothering with last gen games anymore.

[quote name='Sophita']Can confirm that manager as well, I talked to a Gamestop employee the other day, Apparently Gamestop is sending a lot previously new ps2 games to stores marked as, "used." So now may be a good time to check out stores for hard to find gems.[/QUOTE]

I saw these near mint too, but too much for $29.99.
I wouldnt take any Gamestop employees words with a grain of salt.

i can tell you all, here in so cal i've been to about 8 GS locations around my area and at least 6 had the refurbed FF's all minty and in new cases...

Weird time to be doing a reprint, but $15 with the B2G2 isn't terrible considering they'd used to fetch $20+ easily.

[quote name='imacgod']Any idea if they get any other "new" games they're selling used in these shipments?[/QUOTE]

Well if u want the game, just order it and see the condition. If u dont like it, u can return it. The odds of "New" in the shipment is at random.

FYI- I got a 007 Agent under fire for PS2 used black label that appears to be near mint.

[quote name='imacgod']Any idea if they get any other "new" games they're selling used in these shipments?[/QUOTE]

A lot of stores got the reprinted Megaman X collection for PS2 as well.

This sounds similar to all those mint Tales from the Abyss a while back. Almost every store had them for a while.

[quote name='The McMuffin Fanboy']I saw 4 (pretty sure it was 4, it might have been 3) at a GS near me today, not sure if that's as valued at the other 3 though.[/QUOTE]
you got my hopes up for a second there :)

[quote name='rawrker']A lot of stores got the reprinted Megaman X collection for PS2 as well.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a copy of Mega Man X Collection for the PS2 during B2G2 and it was in great condition and complete. I thought someone was actually careful with their game before trading it in, but I suppose your theory works. It was the only copy there though, so I'm not sure if they got any of these reprints or whatever is going on with GameStop.

I saw the Megaman X Collection and Fatal Frame II at the Somerset, MA store. Price for FFII was $29.99

I went to 3 gamestops today in northern NJ (totally missed the b2g2 sale until today)... the first store had FF3, the second had FF2 (which I skipped because I have it on xbox), and the third had FF1 which I bought.

Really kicking myself for missing the sale. My local gamestop had scads of rare stuff as late as last month but today it was picked clean. I would have love to have picked up the first Obscure and Rule of Rose, but oh well :( I did snag Clock Tower 3 and Echo Night Beyond!

In Saint Paul, MN 2 of my Gamestop have all 3 in stock for 3 months now. I wouldn't mind getting them however they were selling it at a ridiculous price. part 1 $49.99, part 2 $29.99 and part 3 $39.99

You might want to have them price checked, normally the price is the same at all stores (should be $29.99 each). I've had some games stickered at a higher price just to ring up for lower at the checkout. If you can find a 4th game at about $30 before close today for the B2G2 you shouldn't come out too badly.

[quote name='jcallina']I saw the Megaman X Collection and Fatal Frame II at the Somerset, MA store. Price for FFII was $29.99[/QUOTE]

I wish we had a store in Somerset, MA...you must mean either Swansea (at the mall) or Fall River...

I made out pretty good at the Swansea mall GS, I got Persona 4, Fatal Frame, Fatal Frame 2, and Disgaea 2 all mint with case and instructions for $55.....

I took advantage of the b2g2 free deal at gamestop buying over 32 games online. Last order I placed was for fatal frame 1, 2, 3, and operation genesis and all were priced $27.99 so tax and all I paid $15 each for them. I can only hope they are in good condition and go a bit furthur wishful thinking that all will have box art and manuals.

I am at Brookline, will check tomorrow if anyone wants who happens to be around Boston.

They always have the best stock of preowned PS2/GCN/GBA games I have seen in any GS out there. Brookline is the one to go...even has cases almost always.

who wants to play last generations games. you bought an hd console for the reason of the great visuals. this is worse than wii graphics. i can't believe people want to play 3d games in poor graphics.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']who wants to play last generations games. you bought an hd console for the reason of the great visuals. this is worse than wii graphics. i can't believe people want to play 3d games in poor graphics.[/QUOTE]

Right?! Who would want to watch those awful black and white movies either! Ugh they're so boring! Let's watch mean girls! Now that's a movie!

[quote name='ps2emotions']I took advantage of the b2g2 free deal at gamestop buying over 32 games online. Last order I placed was for fatal frame 1, 2, 3, and operation genesis and all were priced $27.99 so tax and all I paid $15 each for them. I can only hope they are in good condition and go a bit furthur wishful thinking that all will have box art and manuals.[/QUOTE]

Not gonna happen unfortunately. Less than 20% of mine were complete. I was able to exchange 95% of my games for complete versions though at the local gamestops. I saw all 3 FF's for $29.99 each.

[quote name='wargod']Not gonna happen unfortunately. Less than 20% of mine were complete. I was able to exchange 95% of my games for complete versions though at the local gamestops. I saw all 3 FF's for $29.99 each.[/QUOTE]

I got some of my shipments yesterday and UPS had crushed the gamecube cases and plastic was in the bottom of the bubblewrap. The cases were crushed almost flat and pieces falling off. The 2 orders of 4 games each were really bad shape ( mario party 4,5,6, and 7 with 7 being only good one ) none but 7 had the original case. I went to my local gamestop last night and the girls working there were very helpful and traded me out the cracked mario party 4 and 6 disc to a better one and I got a mario party 4 case with artwork and a mario party 6 case with artwork. Still need to find a mario party 5 case. I really dread seeing what kind of shape my fatal frame 1, 2, and 3 arrive in along with opertion genesis as well because those cost me $15 each almost. My local gamestop does have fatal frame 1 case and manual so I can switch if it's still there when I get that order. Also got a 8 game order in a box so they were not crushed. Oh, gotcha force is backordered so I picked up a complete copy last night at gamestop for $12.99 so if they ever ship that one I will return it. Think when the rest of my games arrive I'm going to take them all to the nearest town and do some more exchanging and hopefully come out on this deal. Anyway, I'm not too dissatisfied because I figured at the price if they were disc only and worked I'd be happy. $10 a shot for the mario party's is pretty decent either way.

[quote name='wargod']Not gonna happen unfortunately. Less than 20% of mine were complete. I was able to exchange 95% of my games for complete versions though at the local gamestops. I saw all 3 FF's for $29.99 each.[/QUOTE]

Actually it did happen believe it or not. I got fatal frame 1, 2, and 3 all look brand new with no scratches and with manuals. Actually looks as if plastic was just taken off new games. I see 2002 date on the back of the 1st one but I know it must be a reprint because no memory card holder in the case. The operation genesis game was in a cheap flimsy cracked up case and the disc has seen better days so I hope it works. Going to visit another gamestop tomorrow to see if I can exchange any of the bad copies of a lot of the games I got this week for better ones. Also super monkey ball 2 did not work and it's strange because the disc don't look too bad and the intro screen loads up.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those wondering if these are reprints or not, I present to you this front page from CAG in 2008.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/archives/gamequest-direct-cag-buzz-giveaway-fatal-frame-23-reprints.php[/QUOTE]

I know GQD did or (still?) does reprints, but what am I supposed to do with this information? You're going to have the connect the dots for me because I am confused.

(Just might get the trilogy from them at their discounted price though since I'm not keen on running around looking for GameStops that have the game.)

[quote name='Drclaw411']they're all in stock at gamestop.com used right now[/QUOTE]

And they're all cheaper brand new at amazon.

This was a lukewarm deal last week during the B2G2. But it's dead now. We need to let it die.

[quote name='fujimitsu'] This was a lukewarm deal last week during the B2G2. But it's dead now. We need to let it die.[/QUOTE]

We will always have our memories....they can't take those...

bread's done
Back