7.jpg

8.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

[quote name='neogaf']The title is 'Rei ~Tsukihami no Kame~' or I suppose Fatal Frame: The Mask of the Lunar Eclipse. The key theme of the game is 'memories.' The pictures are from a 2 minute trailer that was shown.

Also, Keisuke Kikuchi returns as the producer, with Shibata Makoto as the director. Suda51 will also have directorial involvement as well. Summer 2008 release.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread usurper! Hopefully yours will get more than 12 posts since it's got pretty pictures.

GHM meant I had to keep the game on my radar, but with some Nintendo oversight I'll give it a rent though it's not my type of game.

I own the "special editions" on XBox. Too bad FF3 never hit the box, and right now I'm not going to dish out $50 for FF3 for the PS2 as I have never beat either Fatal Frame games.

However, this is on my "must buy" list when it drops low enough for collection purposes.

I never really grasped the concept of Fatal Frame (as of the whole camera idea). So I never bought a FF game. Although hearing that Suda 51 is involved with this game makes me interested. We will see what happens when time comes.

This is exactly what the Wii needs more of. Quality third-party titles that fit the Wii control scheme beautifully. Hopefully it sells decent.

This game has me intrigued even though I didn't like the gameplay mechanics of 1 or 2. I hated the first person camera-shooting battle system. But it definitely could work on Wii.

YES!

I CANNOT wait! Fatal Frame 1-3 are some of my favorite games ever and I'm so happy to hear that we're getting a proper sequel instead of a remake. :D

[quote name='ananag112']WTF at that ad? I don't want to see someone playing the game. I want to actually see the game.[/quote]
The trailer showed you the game. Ads are hilarious.

.... i didn't even know this was coming out!

I need to know if this is coming state side, if it isn't, I'm importing. who gives a fuck if I can't understand a word they are saying!

Those ads made me LMAO. If it's that scary, why don't they stop playing?! They sound like horror flick victims.

I'll definitely keep my eyes on this.

P.S. Played the Siren: Blood Curse demo on PS3 yesterday and I was definitely scared on the first playthrough.

it's coming!!!!!

well... no official word yet,

but the rumors are spreading like mildfire!

http://nintendonow.e-mpire.com/index.php?categoryid=4&m_articles_articleid=4750

http://www.cameraslens.com/

http://www.gamecyte.com/xseed-the-company-bringing-japanese-niche-hits-to-you

Gamecyte recently posted an article talking about XSeed's determination in bringing Japan titles to the US. A fan then wrote to XSeed games about publishing Fatal Frame 4 for the US. XSeed replied by stating that they weren't the publisher, but did state that the game IS going to be released in the US. They could not mention who the publisher was.

Not coming from Nintendo nor Tecmo for the US, wonder if they'll pass it to someone else:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/970/970875p1.html

EDIT: Looking at the over-reaction at other sites, just thought I'd add this.
[quote name='roland13x']Fatal Frame 1 - 57k
Fatal Frame 2 - 65k
Fatal Frame 3 - 39k[/QUOTE]

EDIT 2: To clarify, can't say that I like IGN using the word "Never" in the headline, especially when the statement does not use specific term; elicits too much needless, mis-directed fan rage. Only piece of info from Tecmo's comment, Nintendo passed over publishing it themselves, not a surprise. Top reason for decision obvious, secondary reason in historical data above. Combined with Reggie's earlier comment, shopping it around to another localizer/publisher still a possibility. Recent events with Koei-Tecmo makes Tecmo's implied decision also not surprising.

I got FF 1/2/3 on PS2. I really look forward to play this game on wii & the trailer is freaking awsome :) Hope Nintendo or Tecmo flip they mind and release this game this October :)

I guess I'll buy a PAL Wii toward the end of the generation of they havent changed their mind. They are also getting Another Code R this summer, which the US still doesnt have a release for either.

That means I'll have 3 Wii's, one from each region :|

gecko os ftw!

btw the best way to hype yourself for the euro release of FF4 is to play the translated Mother 3.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I guess I'll buy a PAL Wii toward the end of the generation of they havent changed their mind. They are also getting Another Code R this summer, which the US still doesnt have a release for either.

That means I'll have 3 Wii's, one from each region :|[/QUOTE]

Depends on past sales in Europe. Notable dIfference hints at negative outlook:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/529305.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/915022.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/926803.html

LOL.

When nintendo is market leader, they are the worst company ever in the US. Proven time and time again. Thanks reggie! +1 import for me.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Theres already a European magazine ad that looks like its Fatal Frame though.[/QUOTE]

A bigger mess in Europe. Quite a few problems with the ad, even though it is legit. It says "next month," and has a PEGI rating displayed, yet it's not in PEGI's database, which has quite a few unreleased games (Like Majesco's upcoming Mad Dog McCree Collection). It also doesn't display a seperate publisher logo, only Tecmo's logo, but the importance of that depends on their agreement with Nintendo.

HOWEVER, according to Nintendo Ibérica, the printing of the ad was a MISTAKE. And that Nintendo of Europe now has no current plans to publish the game.

Official statement (translated from spanish from Revogamers.net)

"The announcement appeared by mistake in the official Nintendo magazine in France. There are currently no plans to launch Project Zero 4 in Europe."

So, apparently, this was a 'mistake' not only in Joystiq, but seems to have also been published in ONM France. Fans will remember already that ONM UK published a full article on the fact that Fatal Frame IV would be coming in February 2009 to Europe (Nintendo UK's pr office also confirmed this) ...a date which came and went with no further reply/statement.

Good job Reggie. Seems your the asses you're kicking and the names you're taking belong to the core fans. fuck you.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']There goes the reason I was going to get a Wii.[/quote]
You could always import a Euro Wii and then you could play Captain Rainbow on it.

From the hands-on stuff I read about the Japanese version of FF4 on neogaf, I think I remember the general consesus saying that the game was pretty crappy. The controls were supposed to be pretty bad and there were crashing issues and a lot of collision detection problems.

Maybe NoA is doing us a favor.

Haha... somehow, I'm not surprised. Now that Nintendo is on top, they don't need to listen to the fans anymore. Obviously they know best.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']From the hands-on stuff I read about the Japanese version of FF4 on neogaf, I think I remember the general consesus saying that the game was pretty crappy. The controls were supposed to be pretty bad and there were crashing issues and a lot of collision detection problems.

Maybe NoA is doing us a favor.[/QUOTE]
I'm a big boy. I don't need NoA choosing what games I should play.

[quote name='cochesecochese']You could always import a Euro Wii and then you could play Captain Rainbow on it.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather buy an NA Wii and use the homebrew channel to unlock the regions, although
doesn't Nintendo consider that "piracy"?

:roll:

[quote name='botticus']To The Crotch and DMK: fuck you![/quote]What did I do?

[quote name='botticus'] To NoA: fuck you![/quote]Why is every post "fuck NoA"? Shouldn't it be, like, "fuck NoA and Tecmo"?

[quote name='Nephlabobo']I'd rather buy an NA Wii and use the homebrew channel to unlock the regions, although
doesn't Nintendo consider that "piracy"?
[/QUOTE]

Actually, no, they don't. Especially if you own the actual game.

It's not released in the region officially. There's a big difference.

We all know you're a mindless anti-Nintendo troll. There's no reason for you to pretend that Nintendo is the only one of the three that does things this way - they all do it. Record companies do it. Movie companies do it. Tons of other companies do it.

But hey, if it makes you feel more important about the self-created hate you infuse your posts with, then by all means - waste more precious oxygen from the rest of humanity, scribbling away at your keyboard with nary a logical thought.

Crap, I guess this means I'm going to get the homebrew stuff and import. Great series and I was looking forward to an eventual release.

I wonder what the logic of not having a NA release could be?

[quote name='Strell']
We all know you're a mindless anti-Nintendo troll.[/QUOTE]

Well, that was unwarranted and completely off topic.

bread's done
Back