Fatal Frame 4 - No U.S. release planned :(

[quote name='cochesecochese']You could always import a Euro Wii and then you could play Captain Rainbow on it.[/QUOTE]

Nah, if anything, I'll get an NA Wii and use the Homebrew channel. That way I don't have to deal with the pain in the butt voltage/plugs.

To DMK:
Why don't you just unlock the region on one of your Wiis?
Pretty sure I'll do this now that there are 3 to 4 imports I want to play.

The VS Capcom game, and there were a couple other Japanese titles I had my eye on that I can't recall, but they're not out.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']there's no dry season on both "fronts" and it's probably why we don't see it in america.[/quote]
???

[quote name='botticus']To The Crotch and DMK: fuck you!

[/QUOTE]
Trading their avatars was a genius idea. I didn't catch it until I noticed that Dr. Mario Kart was seemingly acting like The Crotch. Then I realized it was The Crotch.

I wish I would have thought of that idea, although I doubt anyone would want to display a photo of me yelling at a Frosty in their profile.

[quote name='The Crotch']

Why is every post "fuck NoA"? Shouldn't it be, like, "fuck NoA and Tecmo"?[/QUOTE]
Because according to Tecmo it's NoA that has the rights to publish it in the US, not them. So it's up to NoA to make a move.

Yep - Europe's not getting it either.

http://news.spong.com/article/17626/..._Leaving_Japan

8 Apr 2009

It looks increasingly unlikely that Grasshopper Manufacture's Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (Project Zero IV) will be released outside Japan.

Nintendo confirmed to SPOnG that "there are currently no plans to release this game in Europe."

This follows the assertion by Nintendo of America that it isn't the publisher of the game in its territory. For its part, Tecmo (the owner of the property) had stated that NOA does hold the publishing rights but won't be releasing the game.

A statement released by Tecmo reads, "Nintendo holds the publishing rights to 'Fatal Frame Wii,' which was developed by Tecmo LTD. and Grasshopper Manufacture and released in Japan on July 31, 2008.

"Nintendo of America has since then decided not to publish the title in North America – consequently, the title will not be released in this territory. As the owner of the IP, Tecmo feels very unfortunate that the fans of the series in North America will not have a chance to play the game, but respects the final decision made by Nintendo of America."

This follows Reggie Fils-Aime, president of NoA, stating of the survival horror title, "We are not the publisher of that title in the Americas."

Reggie's statement seems to imply that there is, in fact, a publisher for the game in America - Nintendo just isn't it. Confusing, eh? Given what's obviously a considered statement from Tecmo asserting that Nintendo hold the publishing rights, however, SPOnG's going to assume that Reggie's wording was awkward and what he meant to say was, 'We're not publishing Fatal Frame Wii in America'.

So, what of Europe? Nintendo just re-iterated to SPOnG that, "there are currently no plans to release this game in Europe." That's obviously not a 'never', but it's not looking too promising.

But we've seen European ads for it. It's not going to be called Fatal Frame 4 sure, but what was the point of that ad then if it's not coming out there?

Sometimes I think Nintendo is too protective of their image, even though 1 or 2 M rated games isn't going to tarnish that.

Btw if this gives anyone a tiny bit of hope thats the same people saying Disaster wont be getting a Europe release either. The HQ of Nintendo Europe is in Germany and we have not heard from them. At the same time we have multiple sources (French magazine and Italian gamestop ad) that said the game is coming.

it makes sense that there is no release because wii sales are still strong for europe and for america. however, if suppose sales of wii hardware is down or there is a sense of slow down, then they'll release it for whichever of the two regions are facing a slow down.

[quote name='62t']If Nintendo doesnt want to publish it why not let Tecmo or someone else publish it?[/quote]
Nintendo holds publishing rights, if they so say no then we don't get the game (unless Nintendo sells the rights...)

Looks like a downloadin' I will go, stupid as I would of bought it if they had released it here.

Tecmo:"Dudes, we don't own the rights to publish, go hit up nintendo"

Nintendo:"Nuh uh, we don't own the rights either, it's not our problem"

Am I the only one that has a problem with companies playing the finger pointing game? What a freaking mess. I didn't know this was 1st grade. Maybe if you ask the teacher she'll tell you who can actually publish the damn game =/

bread's done
Back