Fatal Frame II (PS2) $30 (2 days only) and GameQuest Direct Weekly Specials

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last week, we got the heads up on the Fatal Frame II and Fatal Frame III reprints from GameQuest Direct. From now until Wednesday, CAGs can grab Fatal Frame II for $29.99 ($20 off) with coupon code CAGFRAME.

GameQuest Direct has also provided the following specials, valid until 3/10. Use coupon code CAG1SHIP for free shipping.
:ps2:Brave: Search For Spirit Dancer $9.99
:ps2:Zatch Bell! $14.99
:ps2:Eureka Seven Vol 2 $14.99
:psp:Dungeons & Dragons Tactics $24.99
:wii:Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer $16.99
:ps3:Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer $16.99

Don't forget, CAG and GQD are giving away copies of Wild Arms XF (PSP) via our CAG Buzz promotion. New winners announced every week!

[quote name='reborner']3rd spoils the ending for both 2nd and the 1st. they are all good imo[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Fatal Frame 3 does not spoil Fatal Frame I or II endings. It only touches lightly on both of them. Fatal Frame I and II still have their own individual stories to be experienced.

[quote name='typeRJ']
the xbox version of FF2 is the director's cut...so i guess it's better? anyone know the difference between the PS2 and xbox ones?[/QUOTE]

The XBOX versions of FF and FFII have sharper graphics and a bevy of extras. For FFII, Tecmo added a new ending, new cutscenes, and a bunch of unlockable costumes.

Shame Tecmo didn't bring III to the XBOX.

Info for collectors.

For what it's worth, I ordered FF3 on 2/28 and received it on 3/3. Box art and packaging appears to be true to the original release. FF3 is wrapped in the crunchy shrink wrap with y-folds. There is no white security tape though. Not sure if this is how FF3 released.

I'm debating whether to open this or not. Obviously I can't speak to the authenticity of the instruction book or disc art at the present time. Any thoughts on the effect on value if I crack the shrink wrap to look inside since we're talking about a reprint

thedream77, did you use media or first class mail? Did they send it in a padded envelope?

First print of FF3 does not have the white security tape.

[quote name='gobz']Is the white strip you are talking about that sony seal? If so, after you take off the strip is it true you can't tell the difference?[/QUOTE]

The strip is under the wrap.

There are no other differences between the GQD reprints and the 1st prints for FatFII.

Nobody should be able to tell the difference between FatFIII first and reprints, unless, GQD decided to change font sizes or something miniscule somewhere. I don't have the GQD reprint to compare, but I don't think they would change anything.

[quote name='opportunity777']
Nobody should be able to tell the difference between FatFIII first and reprints, unless, GQD decided to change font sizes or something miniscule somewhere. [/quote]

Or unless GQD printed the manual in black and white. Can anyone who ordered the reprint confirm if the manual's in color?

I haven't played any of the FF games...but I went ahead and picked up FF2...now I'm thinking about picking up 3 also...

I do enjoy games like RE, Silent Hill, and other Survival Horror Games....so are these so great that I should drop another $50+ on FF3, or is the $35 on FF2 enough for me to get my enjoyment out of this series? *I would just buy FF3...but I am a CAG after all :p

[quote name='Chronis']http://www.siliconera.com/2006/01/16/the-business-of-reprints/

As for this, I'll pass. There are a bunch of FF2s on the Xbox at GS's around here that are about $18, so I'd rather save some money and get it on the Box. now if they do a sale on FF3, I'll be on that in a jiffy.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how Gamestop's shady practices are the fault of GQD... if you had 150 copies of superman returns, wouldn't you try to dump them? GQD can't police Gamestop's actions after the sale

i totally missed out on the fatal frame series after Ff1, yesterday i went the Gqd and bought Ff2 and Ff3!
both Ff2&3 are coming to me first class USPS

...on an unrelated note i've been listening to to the CAGforeplay and CAGcast for a long time, -it's off the chain- i just haven't signed up to the CAGforums :(

which i have now :)

FF2 is a great game, though skipping this since I have had it on Xbox since release on that platform. Been replaying it over the past few months and happy to see that the 360 bc to be pretty spot-on so far.

If you have the option, seriously consider the improved Xbox version for the extra ending, extra costumes, FPS mode, etc.

I'm glad I found a used copy of Fatal Frame II (complete) for $15 last year. Saves me from shelling out $$$ for the reprint.

I don't remember how or when, but I somehow got a copy of the FF2 Director's Cut (on XBOX) after my PS2 copy was stolen. Should I bother replacing the PS2 copy?

Gah! Decisions, decisions....

got my copy of Fatal Frame II today, complete with ugly-ass expired coupon/sticker on the back... THANK YOU GameQuest Direct. ;_;

srsly, WTF?

[quote name='sirplue']got my copy of Fatal Frame II today, complete with ugly-ass expired coupon/sticker on the back... THANK YOU GameQuest Direct. ;_;

srsly, WTF?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge GQD fan or anything, but those are easy to peel off ... or at least they used to be.

I just received Fatal frame 3 and that sticker is easy to peel off and it is a cross folded manufactured sealed (for those inquiring)

here's a weird thing, when i ordered Ff2 first and later on sometime near 1 am i impulsed ordered FF3. And today i got FF3 first :whistle2:?

i ordered them separately because i was unsure about FF3 being any good- both have the same shipping method

I bought both of these games for $16 each at Movie Gallery. It was their regular price, no discounts. One still has the sticker on it.

GQD also did a reprint of Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Don't be surprised if you see new copies without the security strip at the top.

my copy of fatal frame 3, the manual IS in color however the case dosen't have the memory card holder, but has the PS symbol and disc hub is the three triangle ver. and is not the greatest hits ver. w/ red banner/stripe

i also i asked GqD about a reprinting of Rez a couple months back(apparently on a silver sided/ DVD-rom disc) and eventually it was dropped. But months after that i managed to find a decent complete, also ICO.

what part of indistinguishable do you not understand?, the secruity strip is literally the only difference, gqd makes no attempt to distinguish its reprints
even though i did notice i have disgaea one original and one of the rerelease, and other than the secruit strip, the spine on one is pure white and on the other it has a yellowish tinge

Thanks CheapyD! I've been wanting to pick up a copy of Fatal Frame II for years. And GameQuest Direct rocks, had the game out to me in two days. :applause:

[quote name='kira uzumaki']what part of indistinguishable do you not understand?, the secruity strip is literally the only difference, gqd makes no attempt to distinguish its reprints
even though i did notice i have disgaea one original and one of the rerelease, and other than the secruit strip, the spine on one is pure white and on the other it has a yellowish tinge[/QUOTE]

I've also heard that on the original release of Disgaea the back of the instruction booklet has an ad for the guide but on the reprint it has an ad for the anime. Never been able to confirm that though.

[quote name='Cypher_VR']my copy of fatal frame 3, the manual IS in color however the case dosen't have the memory card holder, but has the PS symbol and disc hub is the three triangle ver. and is not the greatest hits ver. w/ red banner/stripe

i also i asked GqD about a reprinting of Rez a couple months back(apparently on a silver sided/ DVD-rom disc) and eventually it was dropped. But months after that i managed to find a decent complete, also ICO.[/quote]Both the original FF2 and FF3 have the memory card holder. That's another sign that distinguishes between the original and the reprint. If you're anal enough, you could just switch the case ;)

[quote name='eau']Both the original FF2 and FF3 have the memory card holder. That's another sign that distinguishes between the original and the reprint. If you're anal enough, you could just switch the case ;)[/quote]

i was just pointing it out is all:whistle2:\"

bread's done
Back