Father's Day PS3 Games Sale at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5198&pictureid=7147[/rightimg]Don't worry, it's not Father's Day until June 21st, but that isn't stopping Amazon from holding a PS3 Father's Day Sale.

:ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV $27.97
:ps3: Call of Duty: World at War $41.97
:ps3: Guitar Hero Metallica $41.97
:ps3: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare GOTY $34.97
:ps3: 007: Quantum of Solace $19.97
:ps3: BioShock $27.97
:ps3: Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution $27.97
:ps3: NBA 2K9 $27.97
:ps3: NHL 2K9 $19.97
:ps3: Major League Baseball 2K9 $33.97
:ps3: MLB Front Office Manager $19.97
:ps3: PlayStation 3 Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel $105.97
:ps3: Prince of Persia $29.97
:ps3: Wheelman $29.97

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe there's anyone out there who hasn't picked up GTA IV yet, I'd more than willing to get rid of mine.. same with The Show 08.. I popped it in again after laying off for about 9 months and I wanted to break it in half... I guess I should stick with arcade style baseball games.

Generally wait for games to hit the $30 range... Picked up GOTY COD4, am mighty tempted by the 007 game but will pass for now.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Fanboys (on both sides of the aisle) are losers![/QUOTE]

The best fathers are the ones that have all the consoles :)

[quote name='Hodaka']The best fathers are the ones that have all the consoles :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I always considered myself a good father. As my children are only 4 and 2 they can't confirm this yet, they are still biased, give them a few years, however some outside confirmation is nice. I did take my daughter to Hannah Montana yesterday on my birthday, so that should get me some father cred.

I grabbed wheelman and look forward to the WII, 360, PSP and DS sales in the next coming weekends. Anybody mad that there is a sale is a moron, game prices going down is always good news for everybody as it will cause a retailers to start lowering prices on all platforms. Competition is good and saving money is great!

I'm looking forward to Father's Day sales on blu rays, video games, HDTV deals. Great time to stock up on electronics.

You know, after thinking long and hard about this list....there's nothing I want which is upsetting because I'd love to have an excuse of a sale to buy some games and I think I won't see another good PS3 Amazon deal for at least a month now.

To the person who put the best fathers buy PS3, you really are kind of dumb IMO. I have all the systems and 360 is far and away the best console for games. If you want a blu-ray player than PS3 is the way to go. Couple good exclusives on PS3 like LBP and KZ2, but other than that if a game comes out on both systems it is usually always superior on 360.

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']To the person who put the best fathers buy PS3, you really are kind of dumb IMO. I have all the systems and 360 is far and away the best console for games. If you want a blu-ray player than PS3 is the way to go. Couple good exclusives on PS3 like LBP and KZ2, but other than that if a game comes out on both systems it is usually always superior on 360.[/QUOTE]
And so it begins.....

[quote name='wonka the troll']to the person who put the best fathers buy ps3, you really are kind of dumb imo. I have all the systems and 360 is far and away the best console for games. If you want a blu-ray player than ps3 is the way to go. Couple good exclusives on ps3 like lbp and kz2, but other than that if a game comes out on both systems it is usually always superior on 360.[/quote]

flame shield on!!!!!

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']To the person who put the best fathers buy PS3, you really are kind of dumb IMO. I have all the systems and 360 is far and away the best console for games. If you want a blu-ray player than PS3 is the way to go. Couple good exclusives on PS3 like LBP and KZ2, but other than that if a game comes out on both systems it is usually always superior on 360.[/QUOTE]

Plz don't make me laugh, too late LOL, your so self centered it's not funny

get over yourself

[quote name='womfalcs7']I like three games on that list, and I already own them. I was interested in Quantum of Solace, but the GameTrailers review pushed me away. It was repeated that this game doesn't make you feel like you're playing as James Bond.

No gadgets, plus the multiplayer is very generic.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

What gadgets would there be? There's little hacking minigames, and I'm not sure what else there would be. IMO this is one of the best Bond games, probably the best. (Or at least up there with Nightfire, Goldeneye, and From Russia with Love.)

I like it more than Call of Duty 4, though technicaly compared to the films it's a little screwy, as you'd expect from the average movie game. They expand scenes or add them that aren't in the film, and then major moments from the film are told during the loading screens..which is a little weird, but works okay. It's fun at any rate.

bread's done
Back