Faulty Fan

Icy_Whatever

CAGiversary!
Anyone got a loud PS3? where the fan gets as loud as a 360 in about 15 mins and then wont go down even when left idle on the XMB? seems alot of PS3 owners, mostly in Europe, are experiencing this problem. Search google or the US/EU playstation forums for "faulty fan", "loud fan", "fan noise" and you will find a lot of people with this problem. Also check this out

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502980&page=45

I myself have got a "loud" PS3 so im having it replaced, hopefully ill get a quiet one

any cags out there having this trouble?

p.s. if your just going to be a d*ck dont reply

1) do a barrel roll

2) :spam:

3) your search words come up with nothing.

4) No, my PS3 is fine.

[quote name='Apossum']1) do a barrel roll

2) :spam:

3) your search words come up with nothing.

4) No, my PS3 is fine.[/quote]

lmao

I've got the same issue, and it's bad... far worse than my 360, surprisingly.

And there are plenty of discussions on the net about it, regarding both European and US models.

I can't even watch a DVD on it, the fan noise is so loud its audible over anything but the loudest scenes (and I have a kick-ass load 7.1 home theater).

It's currently standing on end on risers on an admittedly warm receiver, but it seems like the fan jumps to max speed within a few minutes of starting a movie, regardless of whether the receiver has had time to warm up. The receiver (and thus, the PS3) is on an open shelf.

I'm going to try some different placements this weekend, hopefully it will help.

I got it from Craigslist, so I don't know what the warranty options are with Sony. According to posts on other boards, many people have had success sending it back for repair. Unfortunately, it's a crapshoot what you get back. Some of the "refurbs" people have gotten back have the same problem. Others don't.

Anyone who says this doesn't exist is talking (writing) out of their ass. It certainly doesn't exist on all PS3s, but it's confirmed real on many others.

So, anyone else have other solutions that worked for them?

mine gets pretty loud when it's playing a dvd/bluray, and after a few minutes of gaming. I also have it about chest level on my desk when i'm sitting down, so I can hear it pretty well. Don't think it's broken though considering that the bluray drive can get quite hot when running (or whatever it is on the right side when you feel under the vent next to the base.

Mine does this also.....although, my A/C in my house died last night, so maybe it was compensating for that.

I was watching BattleStar Galactica on DVD on the PS3 last night, and about a half hour into it I hear a loud noise, it was the fan kicking in overdrive. It has done this twice since I have it.

[quote name='imascrub']mine gets pretty loud when it's playing a dvd/bluray, and after a few minutes of gaming. I also have it about chest level on my desk when i'm sitting down, so I can hear it pretty well. Don't think it's broken though considering that the bluray drive can get quite hot when running (or whatever it is on the right side when you feel under the vent next to the base.[/quote]

I thought that was where the fan expels the heat therefore making the system warm on that side.

bread's done
Back