Favorite American based gaming company?

[quote name='bookishboy']No good; American McGee (the person; yes that's REALLY his name) left the US to become Creative Director at Enlight. Both the man and the company are now based out of HongKong.[/QUOTE]

I was just going to point that out to the OP, beat me to it..

[quote name='saadman']Does Sega count? Like its not japanese, it means Service Games.....but is it based originally from Japan?[/QUOTE]

They are originally from the U.S. but Sega as we know it (Sonic, Master System, Shinobi, etc.) all come from Japan. So, in that respect, I'd say they are a Japanese company.

Anyway, my vote goes to Retro Studios or Valve.

Rockstar, BABY! All-the-way!!!!! Not even close. :)

EA just buys little groups and facets of the industry.... more of a "corporate" or suit approach. ROCKSTAR, on the other hand.... purely defines originality and home-grown talent and games (for the most part).

Definately Rockstar.

GTA: San Andreas and Midnight Club 3 are some of the best games I've played this generation, with both *easily* perfecting their genres.

I expect nothing but awesomeness out of The Warriors... I firmly believe it will be the game to revive the brawler genre.

[quote name='Roufuss']Definately Rockstar.

GTA: San Andreas and Midnight Club 3 are some of the best games I've played this generation, with both *easily* perfecting their genres.

I expect nothing but awesomeness out of The Warriors... I firmly believe it will be the game to revive the brawler genre.[/QUOTE]

Well put! :)

[quote name='Roufuss']Definately Rockstar.

I expect nothing but awesomeness out of The Warriors... I firmly believe it will be the game to revive the brawler genre.[/QUOTE]

Rockstar North is based in England (they make GTA:SA)

and personally, I do not have a favorite American studio. none of the studios I really follow are based in America

I've enjoyed quite a few of LucasArts games especially since I'm a huge SW fan. I'd have to say it's a three way tie between EA, SCEA, and LucasArts for my favorite US publishers.

As for developers, I had to say that it's not easy for me to choose just one. I'd say I love Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games, Tiburon, Harmonix, and SCE Studios Santa Monica. They've made some of my favorite games of this generation.

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']I/O Interactive, they made Freedom Fighters, which is excellent.[/QUOTE]
I'd agree, except they're from England.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Rockstar North is based in England (they make GTA:SA)

and personally, I do not have a favorite American studio. none of the studios I really follow are based in America[/QUOTE]
I'd have hoped that you'd have said Insomniac Games (Ratchet and Clank).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

I'd have hoped that you'd have said Insomniac Games (Ratchet and Clank).[/QUOTE]

as much as I like R&C, I do not think I can say anyone is my favorite having only played three of their games (all the R&C games).

no developer in America is like a Kojima or a Suzuki where when they release something, I usually pay close attention. Silicon Knights is about as close as it comes, though I have only played two of their games (I do hope they continue their current path though)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki'][quote name='WolfPac_Ite']I/O Interactive, they made Freedom Fighters, which is excellent.]
I'd agree, except they're from England.[/QUOTE][/quote]
No. They're based in Copenhagen, Denmark.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Roufuss']
Definately Rockstar.

I expect nothing but awesomeness out of The Warriors... I firmly believe it will be the game to revive the brawler genre.[/quote]
Rockstar North is based in England (they make GTA:SA)[/quote]
No. Rockstar North (the developer of GTA:SA and The Warriors), formerly DMA Design, is based in Edinburgh, Scotland. They had previously been based in Dundee, with a small team in Edinburgh, but after being aquired by Rockstar Games, they were moved to Edinburgh (and renamed from DMA Design to Rockstar North).

Furthermore, Rockstar San Diego (the developer of Midnight Club 3), formerly known as Angel Studios, is based in California, so if Roufuss was referring to an American developer when he referred to the developer of Midnight Club 3.

The only division of Rockstar based in England is Rockstar Leeds, formerly Mobius Entertainment, who developed Max Payne Advance.

Do people think that England is the only country in Europe? :roll:

Valve

[quote name='Sheik Rattle Enroll']Saying you like EA is like saying you like videogames,
[/QUOTE]

No, saying you like EA is like saying you hate videogames because everything the make [read: destroy] is crap.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']No. They're based in Copenhagen, Denmark.[/QUOTE]
Ah yes, I was looking at Eidos's location instead of IO on their site.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']No. They're based in Copenhagen, Denmark.

No. Rockstar North (the developer of GTA:SA and The Warriors), formerly DMA Design, is based in Edinburgh, Scotland. They had previously been based in Dundee, with a small team in Edinburgh, but after being aquired by Rockstar Games, they were moved to Edinburgh (and renamed from DMA Design to Rockstar North).

Furthermore, Rockstar San Diego (the developer of Midnight Club 3), formerly known as Angel Studios, is based in California, so if Roufuss was referring to an American developer when he referred to the developer of Midnight Club 3.

The only division of Rockstar based in England is Rockstar Leeds, formerly Mobius Entertainment, who developed Max Payne Advance.

Do people think that England is the only country in Europe? :roll:[/QUOTE]

no but it is part of the island, and it is not like Scotland is a soverign nation. I guess I should have said GB to be clearer, but I figured England was close enough

[quote name='smalien1']Who bumped this? I made this AGES ago.[/QUOTE]

it was some newbie, either he made a mistake or he might have been trying to annoy us, it doesnt really matter though, everyone seems to be enjoying the thread

Insomniac

Ratchet & Clank Going Commando was probably one of my favorite games so far. Its really fun blastin everything up and also the shit load of weapons they have in that game. Also probably one of the funniest game I've played so far.

bread's done
Back