Favorite Anime

ElfAngel7

CAGiversary!
List your favorite anime for others to see and comment. Try not flame anybodies fave's, that's not nice!

Excel Saga, Ranma 1/2, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Elfen Lied, Robotech, Outlaw Star, Azumanga Daioh

Naruto
Bleach
Samurai Champloo
Yu Yu Hakusho
Whistle
Beet the Vandel Hunter
Kyou Kara Maou
Prince of Tennis
Full Metal Alchemist
Rurouni Kenshin
Inuyasha
Cowboy Bebop
Lupin the Third
Trigun
DB, DBZ
FLCL
Ultimate Muscle
and more

Macross Plus; Now and Then, Here and There; Wings of Honneamise; Akira; Oh My Goddess; Ranma, to name a few older titles.

The New Wave stuff: Heat Guy J; First Season FMA ( It completely falls apart in what I've seen of the second season); Naruto Seasons 2-4

Series
------------------
Neon Genesis Evangelion
FLCL
Trigun
Hellsing
Slayers (kinda)

Movies
--------------------
Akira
Samurai X
Princess Mononoke
New Kimagure Orange Road (Yes, I know what it is. It's still interesting)

hmmm... besides all the new stuff, i'd have to go with record of lodoss war (ova).

edit: i also loved the tenchi muyo series (except for tenchi in tokyo).

gungrave was a really good story too b/c it kinda reminded me of the young & dangerous movies.

I don't watch much anime because I heard it makes you fat.

I did see the firefly grave movie though. It was pretty hilarious.

Currently liking: Prince of Tennis, Bleach, Tsubasa Chronicles, D.N.Angel (it would be Naruto but right now it's x.x a bit)
But my favorite animes are: Air TV, Excel Saga, and Escaflowne
maybe.. soon to be Petshop of Horrors and Onegai Teacher

edit: also Cromartie High School I've gain a liking

[quote name='DenisDFat']I don't watch much anime because I heard it makes you fat.

I did see the firefly grave movie though. It was pretty hilarious.[/QUOTE]

to find comedy in that movie, you honestly, no joking around, have to be screwed up in the head, or have never experienced a personal loss in your life, and anime does not make you fat, if anything all that jumping around trying to reenact samurai x should burn a couple of rolls of you

Fullmetal Alchemist is my current favorite, closely followed by Azumanga Daioh. My long-running favorite is Heroic Legend of Arislan. My gulity pleasure is Puni Puni Poemy. "Shi, you're suffocating her! Remember the cat!" :)

I like Yu Yu Hakusho, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Blue Gender, Fruits Basket, Great Teacher Onizuka, Hellsing, Inu Yasha, Dragon ball Z (to an extent), Magical Shopping Arcade Abenoboshi, FLCL, Fushigi Yuugi, Jing the Bandit King, The Getbackers, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and thats all I can think of at the moment.....

The one I'm keeping an eye on the most is:

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan

EDIT - Forgot to mention:

Fruits Basket
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
Battle Programmer Shirase

-----------------
Naruto
Bleach
Samurai Champloo
Samurai 7
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid
Full Metal Alchemist
Maboraho
Mahoraba
Azumanga Daioh
School Rumble
Sensei No Ojikan
Girls Bravo Season 1 & 2
Tsukuyomi - MOON PHASE
DearS
Ebichu
Jungle Wa Hale Noche Guu
Tenjou Tenge
Tenjou Tenge: Ultimate Fight
Ghost in the Shell: 1st Gig
Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig
Ichigo Mashimaro
Futakoi
Futakoi Alternative
Read or Die
Read or Die TV
Prince of Tennis
My HiME
Elfen Lied
Mahou Sensei Negima
He is My Master
Sousei no Aquarion
ScRYED
Neo Ranga
Ichigo 100%
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun

and my guilty pleasure:

Ultimate Girls

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Fullmetal Alchemist is my current favorite, closely followed by Azumanga Daioh. My long-running favorite is Heroic Legend of Arislan. My gulity pleasure is Puni Puni Poemy. "Shi, you're suffocating her! Remember the cat!" :)[/QUOTE]

I heard that Puni Puni Poemy is sorta like a spiritual 'sequel' of sorts to Excel Saga, that true?

[quote name='ElfAngel7']I heard that Puni Puni Poemy is sorta like a spiritual 'sequel' of sorts to Excel Saga, that true?[/QUOTE]

That's a 'loose' term to call it but no other words could probably do a better job. It's over the top that's for sure. Pseudo-pedophilic lesbian lust coupled w/ an alien invasion w/ blue aliens wear sunglasses and low-hanging testes w/ a hyperactive speed-demon talkin' female protagonist who's in love with her female best friend (and consequently the rest of her female-only family)... and that's just the description. I haven't even tried to make fun of it. It does a good job of paroding itself.

[quote name='ElfAngel7']I heard that Puni Puni Poemy is sorta like a spiritual 'sequel' of sorts to Excel Saga, that true?[/QUOTE]

OK- imagine the last episode of Excel Saga- the one they couldn't air on TV. Now make it an hour long, and even less TV-appropriate. Now you have Puni Puni Poemy. You need a strong stomach for fan service gags and speedy-talking sqeaky-voiced girls, but if you like that last Excel ep, chances are you'll love Poemi. And seeing the Nabeshin Afro attacks is worth it alone :p

I've watched random episodes of Big O, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball GT, Trigun, Cowboy bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Read or Die, Ghost in the Shell, Fullmetal Alchemist, and various others that appeared on the Cartoon Network.

The only shows I've watched regularly have been Dragon Ball Z and InuYasha.

Does anyone know where I can download episodes from InuYasha and the Dragon Ball shows? I jumped into DBZ during the Cell saga, and although I've watched InuYasha for a couple years, I've missed a fair amount and I can't afford to pay $20 for a 3 episode DVD or $80 for a 27 episode Season 1 box set. It'd also be nice to see the remaining 3 or so seasons of InuYasha which haven't aired in the US yet, if subtitled evrsions exist.

I know I'm pretty much an anime n00b, but I'm looking to expand my horizons.

Doesn't get better than bebop. Cowboy Bebop is my favorite and will forever be my favorite anime ever. No other anime in my mind was done better, The animation was amazing,the script was well written, the japan and american (i've yet to see a better done dub) voice acting was on par with the animation. Along with that the music by kanno just gave bebop the style, and vibe that made it for me so damn good (and is the soul reason why I own every damn bebop album). What amazed me the most, was the fact how they completed the complex story with no half assing, with a non-rushed ending all in 27 episodes. The ending to bebop was the best ending i've ever seen in a series period anime or otherwise, it left you wanting more, it left you sad, and at the same time you felt statisfied; and the final sentence in the script pretty much sumed up the whole series. I've seen a shit load of animes, and by far bebop has still to be my favorite. Anyone that hasn't seen it, should..

This feels like deja vu but here's my list anyhow...

Berserk
Most Gundam series
Gungrave
Voices of a Distant Star
Now and then, Here and There
Crest of the Stars
Banner of the stars
Kenshin
Samurai Champloo is looking good so far
Vampire Hunter D
Outlaw Star
Cowboy bebop
Trigun
And lots, lots more than I can't think of right now.

This topic has been done wayyy to many times
Evangelion
Excel Saga
FLCL
Chobits
Steel Angel Kurumi
Gundam (any series)
Bebop
Getter Robo
Burn Up Excess
Too many to list

with so many different genres, its really hard to call favorites.

Currently I'm going to go with Fullmetal Alchemist.

rearwindo6lm.gif

I just decided to try to get into anime. Right now I'm watching Inuyasha, so I guess that would have to be my favorite because it's the only one I've really watched.

bread's done
Back