Favorite COD: MW2 Gun?

BennyWii

CAGiversary!
Mine would have to be the FAMAS with a very cloe runner up being the SCAR-H with ACOG it is incredible deadly with sleigh of hand. But I think that the FAMAS is just fun, 3 shot kill!
Whats your Favorite?

Just a little complaint about the guns. The gun sounds seem far less realistic than the original Modern Warfare. I was in the Army for a few years and when I first played MW, I was blown away at how life like the guns sounded. In MW2, they seem to have more of an "arcade" sound? Anyone else notice this or am I just crazy?

Oh and favorite gun? The AUG baby !!

Ak-47. Too bad it's gonna go away with my prestige in a few hours.

Also, you might wanna fix the thread title. "Favoriie"

After seeing the AA-12 shotgun in Future Weapons and heard it was headed for MW2, I figured it would be my fav weapon to use from the get go, and sure enough it is.
Now if i can shoot those "explosive rounds" ingame.

I was a big fan of the MP5, and still am in MW2. It's just now smaller and lighter and just as silent and deadly.

Primary: AK-47 (Holographic Sight)
Secondary: Winchester 1887 (Akimbo)
Special Grenades: Flash Bang
Equipment: Claymores
1st Perk: Sleight of Hand
2nd Perk: Stopping Power
3rd Perk: Ninja
Deathstreak: Martyrdom

AA-12.

Too bad it doesn't come with the option for the 20/32 round drum, like it can in real life. And since I'm dreaming, maybe the explosive/fragmentation shells too.

[quote name='duknuz']I was a big fan of the MP5, and still am in MW2. It's just now smaller and lighter and just as silent and deadly.[/QUOTE]
I disagree; it feels nerfed. The MP5 was my favorite gun in CoD4, but the MP5K has noticeably shorter range and is less accurate. I am also very disappointed that they got rid of the G36C, which was my favorite assault rifle. Some of the replacements are okay but overall the gun selection in MW2 is somewhat underwhelming to me...

Grumbling aside... I am only a 2nd Lieutenant, so I haven't tried everything yet, but my favorite gun in MW2 so far is definitely the FAMAS. What a magnificent weapon.

I love the SCAR-H with ACOG and Sleight of Hand Pro. The only problem I run out of ammo frequently. I'm going to try Scavenger for a while but Sleight of Hand Pro is really good with the ACOG.

I was also disappointed about no G36C but I think the SCAR makes up for it. I'm going to spend some more time with the TAR soon.

[quote name='metaly']I was also disappointed about no G36C but I think the SCAR makes up for it.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that too, but the more I use the SCAR, the more I miss the G36C. The SCAR has more recoil, which isn't a problem at close-medium range, but at long range, I can get one or two shots into someone with the SCAR, but can't usually finish them off. I also seem to run out of ammo faster than I did with the G36C (maybe because I'm using more bullets firing at long ranges).

I'm hoping the ACR will be a little closer to the G36C, but I haven't tried it yet, outside of campaign.

[quote name='xXLeadFarmerXx']My favorite gun thus far is the SCAR-H with the holographic sight and a silencer equipped. I love it.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm using now. Been using the SCAR for a while, just got Bling last night so been playing around with attachments. Was trying the heart beat monitor for a while, but find I watch it too much and end up getting shot while looking at it.

Though I need to use FMJ a while too to unlock the extra magazines.

[quote name='metaly']I love the SCAR-H with ACOG and Sleight of Hand Pro. The only problem I run out of ammo frequently. I'm going to try Scavenger for a while but Sleight of Hand Pro is really good with the ACOG.
[/QUOTE]

Scavenger will generally solve your ammo problems. Especially with a gun like SCAR that a lot of people are using.

My latest and greatest setup:

SCAR-H with extended mags
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

Wish bling was in slot 3 so I could have a holo sight on there, but more ammo per mag and max ammo = win.

I use the M4 all the time, it's so deadly.
I also like the FAL single shot and I'm starting to use the M16 a lot more too now.

I've been using the M4 a LOT and I'm having a good time. I'm still working on getting the extra clips perk. I tend to be a little too trigger-happy.

I like most of the light machine guns, too, but I can't remember which one I use the most. They have plenty of ammo, which offsets the trigger-happiness previously mentioned.

Just found a new class that I might have to give a try when I get home.

UMP 45 Silenced
M98 Silenced

Frag Grenade
Stun Grenade x2

Marathon
Cold Blooded
Commando

Seems like a sick stealth class. Going to have to give that a go for sure.

So far I've been sticking mainly to the various AR's. Famas at the start, then moved on to the Scar. I'm still unlocking attachements and pro perks, so the setup I use isn't really my 'ideal' setup, it's more like a collection of things I need to level up.

I messed around a bit with the Hbar AUG LMG and the P90 SMG, but I wasn't as happy with either one compared to the Assault rifles.

In COD4 I mainly played two classes, a fast moving stealth class with a smg, for roaming run n gun play, and an AR class with claymores, where I would setup shop in an area of a map and keep it clear of enemies.

One of favorite guns in any game is the P90 which is the main gun I use on smaller maps.

P90 with Red Dot Sight
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro or Ninja Pro depends on which I feel like using.

RPD with Grip & Red Dot Sight or Holographic
Bling Pro
Hardline Pro (I normally get more kill streaks with this gun so I use this perk)
Steady Aim Pro

Right Now:
Tar - Heartbeat sensor
SPAS - FMJ
sleigh of hand pro
Stopping power
Steady Aim
KillStreaks: Predator missle, harrier strike, chopper gunner (basically a cheat code)

The SPAS is by far my favorite gun. I use it when ever possible in close quarters, it is so powerful (and fun)... And the TAR, Oh that beautiful TAR, at first I hated it now it is just about all I use. The TAR can beat any other assault rifle when it comes to power and fire rate, not to mention it's got some great range, and having faster ADS gives you that extra split second before you burn lead through your enemy's chest.

Last edited by a moderator:
@DMAUL1114: The trick with heartbeat monitors is to not look at them but listen to them. I just run around (tactically) until I hear a beep go off, then I narrow in, etc, etc. But you still have to pay attention to everything and not trust it 100% due to the constant threat of NINJA'S!
And remmeber HB monitor doesn't see things behind you so every once and a while do a 360 turn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone managed to use the F2000 something gun properly? It's an assault rifle that you use, and I think you have to be around level 50.

Either ways my favorite gun will be the Intervention and the FAMAS.

PSN:
Pinoy-Count-X

Add me if you want to play MW2.
2nd Prestige level 50

Climbing the leaderboards is addicting :s
1800 on Wins, need moreeeee

Yea I used the F2000 it is really fun. But also very hard, it is an automatic but you want to shoot in 2-3 shot bursts. It is a little more accurate with a silencer. Overall the gun feels very smooth but just a little to fast and inaccurate for its own good. You will still get burned long distance versus any other assault rifle.

[quote name='BennyWii']Yea I used the F2000 it is really fun. But also very hard, it is an automatic but you want to shoot in 2-3 shot bursts. It is a little more accurate with a silencer. Overall the gun feels very smooth but just a little to fast and inaccurate for its own good. You will still get burned long distance versus any other assault rifle.[/QUOTE]

Figures,
I guess it's somewhat of a sub-machine gun.

Actually only have used the M-4. I'm one of those people that try to unlock all the attachments and upgrades to a weapon then move on to the next. Yes I know that means that I'm always switching to a weapon with nothing on it after I've finally got all the good stuff for another weapon but that's a subject that's better left to me and my psychiatrist.

UPDATE! I recently unlocked the model 1887 shotgun and all I can say is WOW! With akimbo and faster ADS/reloading those guns are deadly and fun! It amazes me how much range they have. Definitely my new favorite secondary. I got 150 kills with them in about 2 hours after unlocking, which shows how much i liked them.

M16 w/Silencer & Red Dot Hands Down. I just love the sound and looks of it but I actually do better with the SCAR & TAR.
But I am kinda partial to it because I've actually shot a real one. It was COOL!\\:D/

I recently got my SCAR mastery so I've been trying other guns. The TAR I didn't like very much, but the FAL is amazing. I don't know if I'm just improving in general but I'm doing much better with this gun. The only drawback is the iron sight is horrible, but I've already got the holographic sight so it's not an issue.

I also just unlocked the M16 so I'll be testing that out.

bread's done
Back