favorite CONTRA game??

Alien Wars because that was one of the first games I got with the SNES and was blown away.

There was also a gameboy Contra that was great. Portable Contra is always good.

[quote name='telemundus']Contra 3: Alien Wars for me. Shattered Soldier was really good too, but way too many mini bosses.[/QUOTE]

Agree'd. Except for the mini-bosses part. Sure there were a lot, but I enjoyed them. If I'm looking for a challenge it has to be Shattered Soldier. I can handle it easily on easy, but normal still rocks my world.

CONTRA HARD CORPS

I love me some Alien Wars, but Hard Corps builds on what worked in AW and then pushes it over the edge.

Something about the genesis' color pallet for that game made it seem kinda dirty and gritty -like a Contra game aught to be. It was like the mean Mad Max of the Contra series that was just too bad ass for the bright colors and soft pixels of the SNES.

Plus you gotta love the multiple characters, endings, and hidden arena fight with the Simon Belmont of the future!

[quote name='RisingZan']CONTRA HARD CORPS

I love me some Alien Wars, but Hard Corps builds on what worked in AW and then pushes it over the edge.

Something about the genesis' color pallet for that game made it seem kinda dirty and gritty -like a Contra game aught to be. It was like the mean Mad Max of the Contra series that was just too bad ass for the bright colors and soft pixels of the SNES.

Plus you gotta love the multiple characters, endings, and hidden arena fight with the Simon Belmont of the future![/QUOTE]

Exactly. Contra Hard Corps was always my favorite, too.

The original is a close second, though.

The original, although the series hasn't been the same after Contra, Super C and Operation C. Shattered Soldier is worse than Contra III which is much worse than Super C.

I agree with most people that Contra III is the best, although Shattered Soldier is a honorable mention. It brought the series out of the gutter back to it's roots.

I like The Original, just because it was the first, and only game my parents beat on co-op, and i didnt, i wish i had an nes, man, other than that the game was a good inventive side scroller, with good replayability

[quote name='elprincipe']The original, although the series hasn't been the same after Contra, Super C and Operation C. Shattered Soldier is worse than Contra III which is much worse than Super C.[/QUOTE]

You forget Contra Force, which was the awful one in between Super C and Operation C.

1. Contra Hard Corps

2. Contra 3 Alien Wars

3. Super Contra (arcade) & Super C (nes)

4. Contra (arcade & nes)

bread's done
Back