Favorite Eastbound and Down moments

CaseyRyback

Staff member
Feedback
131 (100%)
The first season was surprising. It was good. The character concept was just enough to get through 5 or 6 episodes, and the voice overs from the autobiography were killer stuff. The "this face used to cash checks" soliloquy is one of the funniest things ever on TV, IMO.

However, from S2 forward, it was hit-or-miss. They could never figure out the tone. The last episode of the show is a perfect example of that.
He's dead. Hell no he ain't!

Each episode usually had a couple laughs, but the lows were low, a lot of simple stuff you see coming a mile away. It's a consequence of stretching that concept so thin, S2 was them trying to figure something out, biding their time, and then S3 was basically easy redemption. I don't fault them that, it's where it had to go, I just fault them for taking the concept beyond the first season. But the show got good numbers so HBO threw money at it.

The only thing the show was consistently good at was the soundtrack. They're very good at picking out great tunes. For real.

It had its fun moments, and the writers could come up with some really unexpected, obscure, and clever lines, but it's probably a good thing that they put it to bed.

Personally, I thought that the very end of this season was the best moment. I really didn't think we were gonna ever see kenny powers again. I was like damn, HBO isn't renewing another one... :(

I enjoyed all 3 seasons. There were plenty of classic moments in season 2 and 3. Stevie stole the show a lot of times.

Honestly

I feel as if they ended it with the hat dropping from the car, it would have made a bigger impact. But I think somebody at HBO wanted a happier ending JUST IN CASE they want to do another season.If thats the case, then they just undid his whole entire character for season 3.

bread's done
Back