Favorite Game Music?

Speaking of ZoE. Anubis has an awesome track in there somewhere.. maybe the opening.. it's rad. I think I'll whip it out now..

Ah.. called Beyond the Bounds - of course I'm referring to teh full version here on this soundtrack.. Hell, that track bumps Anubis' score up a couple points for me.

Anyway, favorite track? I'm not sure, I'm a HUGE fan of anything Yasunori Mitsuda.

EDIT: My mistake - not talking about a track.. My favorite album is, unsurprisingly, Xenogears.

For me, its a tie between the soundtrack for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Panzer Dragoon Saga. Both of those games had such awesome music.

Now that I think about it, most Castlevania games and Panzer Dragoon games have had pretty good music in them.

Nobody even mentioned Megaman... and some of the songs from the NES series and the first X game are among the most memorable video game pieces ever.

rocketj.jpg

Most. Fitting. Music. Evar.

Long live Dick Dale.

I have to agree with Spacepest that Castlevania: SOTN has a pretty kick-ass soundtrack. But my all time favorite Video Game Music came from Ys Book I & II. And it's redbook audio so the actual game disk will play in any cd player. w00t!

Chrono Cross had a great soundtrack but I liked Ridge Racer Type 4's a little more, original music like that for racing games just don't come around anymore. Other soundtracks I enjoyed were Jet Grind Radio's, SSX3's (even though it was licensed, it still was one kick-ass compilation), Super Smash Bros. Melee, pretty much ever NES Mega Man title (simple, yet catchy), and I love the theme from the original Silent Hill (but disliked the re-made theme for Silent Hill 3 that played during the credits, as the vocals sucked).

Katamari Damacy - the "roll you up into my life" song is going to be played at my wedding in Sept.

Gitaroo Man - awesome original soundtrack

Amplitude - I bought 2 albums because of this game

Excitebike - Great oldschool music

Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX - Bad Brains and Dead Prez/Static-X tracks highlight an awesome soundtrack

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater - Give props to the original

Recently: Katamari Damacy
Last gen: Parappa
16-bit gen: Streets of Rage
8-bit and overall champ forever: Super Mario Bros.

over 15 years later I still remember every note of the SMB music.

Anything from Final Fantasy 6.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the opera scene from FF6, especially the arranged orchestral versian with the real opera singers.

Full soundtracks: Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Xenosaga, Katamari Damacy, Jet Set Radio, Gitaroo Man, Rez

Opening themes: Suikoden III, Z.O.E. 2, MGS 2

Ending themes: MGS 1 & 2

Battle themes: Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia & Star Ocean 3 (they're basically the same song)

I love the OoT and FFVII OST's...I know they're the typical choices but I love them anyways. Oh yeah, Contra for NES has great music, too.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Katamari Damacy - the "roll you up into my life" song is going to be played at my wedding in Sept.[/quote]
I think it's "wad you up." Katamari Damacy has easily become one of my favorites.

Overall, the Final Fantasy series. Particularly 6, 7, and 10.

Other's that I really enjoyed are:
- Gitaroo Man (Mojo King Bee, suckas!)
- Zelda Wind Waker
- Chrono Cross (Scars of Time is the best VG song ever. Period.)
- Halo 2 (loved it when Breaking Benjamin kicked in towards the end of the game)
- Metal Gear Solid series (Particularly 3 when the MGS3 version of the main theme kicked in during the ending cinema....awesome)
- Zelda ALttP
- Maximo (old school, Tallarico goodness)
- Kingdom Hearts (except for the gummi ship stuff, yech)
- Panzer Dragoon (the 1st level is what made me fall in love with VG music)

[quote name='Pylis']Nobody even mentioned Megaman... and some of the songs from the NES series and the first X game are among the most memorable video game pieces ever.[/quote]

Magna Centipede's stage music from Mega Man X2 is one of my favorites. Also To Zanarkand from FFX, Brinstar theme from Super Metroid, Lots from FFVI, Chrono Trigger, and Secret of Mana.

There's way too many awesome videogame soundtracks for me to pick a favorite.....

Right now I'm really digging the music in Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne, it's insane! :shock:

I've also always thought that the music in the Dynasty Warriors series was vastly underated. I think its a great blend of metal and traditional asian instruments. Whenever the mags review a Dynasty Warriors game they usually refer to the music as "grating" or "out of place"..... Bologna!!! The music gets you pumped up and its perfect for a beat-em-up/action game! :D

Katamari Damacacy and about %20 of the soundtracks to most EA sports games (most notably SSX3 and Madden 2004)

Jerk It Out is an awesome song, and I knew about it before the ipod commercial I feel special :D

FFVI and even FFIV, to a lesser degree (especially that Asian castle - I forget the character's name :( ).

MegaMan 1, 2, and 3 (haven't played the others yet).

Bionic Commando neutral zone music always pleased my ears.

Final Fight - Abigail's Turf.

I know there are lots of other but I can't think of them right now.

Megaman 2, 3, X-X3
Metal Gear Solid 1-3 (3 having the best soundtrack in my opinion)
Double Dragon Main Theme
Guilty Gear X, X2
Final Fantasy X
Doom
Final Fight (A couple of songs are pretty good and others are ok)

you seriously can't have enough good music

bread's done
Back