Favorite Number

Favorite number would be 13...cuz Ima G like that.:lol:;)

But really I prefer the number 14 no matter what.

I like even numbers. I can't stand odd numbers. I never buy an odd number amount of anything when I'm shopping, even if I only need one pair of pants.

[quote name='darthbudge']13, 42, 0

EDIT: Oh Yeah and 4 8 15 16 23 42[/quote]

DAMN IT - I wanted to do the lost reference!

It would be 21, then 28, then 1 in that order. 21 has always been my lucky charm, I was born on November 28th, and 1 because being first is highly coveted to all.

[quote name='Liquid 2']What Lockhart is arguing is that the current math classes we have in schools all over the US and the world are structured in such a way that the students never truly get to appreciate math, making them hate it.
Think back to the painting-by-numbers analogy he made in the beginning of the essay.[/quote]

[quote name='ananag112']I agree with that. Every math class I have taken in school is a pain in the ass because the professor just shows us how to do a problem and expects the class to follow the same steps in solving a different problem. Math should be more about creativity in school. Thank god I study on my own instead of just doing what we do in class.[/quote]

I see, guess that does make sense...but wouldn't the classes coming in still be subject to disliking math since they'll be taught even more ways to do a problem (if that) and have to memorize all the possible ways?

[quote name='Foo228']I see, guess that does make sense...but wouldn't the classes coming in still be subject to disliking math since they'll be taught even more ways to do a problem (if that) and have to memorize all the possible ways?[/QUOTE]

It's different if you engage in a dialogue with your teacher and prove a formula/"discover" it yourself than if you're given a formula flat out and told to take it on faith.

13! I always liked that people are scared of it for superstitious reasons. Plus my daughter was born on Jan. 13th, so it has a special meaning now on.

bread's done
Back