Favorite old school game Box-Art Cover

chronodev

CAGiversary!
What is your favorite old school game box-art/cover?

I remember Dragon Warrior II for the NES to have pretty cool artwork

It makes a lot of bad box art lists, but I love the box for Phalanx on the SNES

phalanx.jpg

It has nothing to do with the game itself, except for that small spaceship. Fun game, too.

Also, every early Psygnosis had great art. It reminds me of being 13 and reading Heavy Metal and playing D&D.

Most of the old games I played had pretty good box art, unfortunately the box art was not representative of the game. One of my favorite box covers is from my picture album
picture.php

whatever game it was, the system was Atari. They had the best box art, hands down. missile command, yars revenge, even break out... someone needs to bring that guy back, whoever painted them early boxes

This boxart actually got me a job at the local mall's EB Games.

Back in high school I needed a job to support my SNES addiction so I walked up to the manager at EB Games and asked if they were hiring. He said he had many applications and wanted to know what set me apart from everyone else. I noticed this game was sitting on the counter behind him and asked him if he knew what kind of game that was. He said he had no idea, I said its a futuristic space shooter similar to R-Type. He didn't believe me so he reached back and got the box and read the back. He was in stunned silence for a few seconds, placed the game back on the shelf and reach in a drawer. He handed me the application and asked me to fill it out. I completed it and handed it back to him and he said come in tomorrow at 8am for training.

True story.

In before tl;dr

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']It makes a lot of bad box art lists, but I love the box for Phalanx on the SNES

phalanx.jpg

It has nothing to do with the game itself, except for that small spaceship. Fun game, too.

Also, every early Psygnosis had great art. It reminds me of being 13 and reading Heavy Metal and playing D&D.[/QUOTE]

Haha, Kid Chamelon. I like how it says "1850+ screens". First of all, who at the company counted the number of screens. And if they did count the screens, why didn't they just say how many screens there were. It's not like if it said "1851 screens" we would sigh and say "damn, it only has 1851 screens, it must suck" as opposed to saying "wow, 1856 screens!" if there were a few more.

I do agree with you on that but I just noticed this now that Mega Man broke his right foot or something. Why is it side ways? LOL Sorry just had to point it out.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I don't care what anybody says. This box art is awesome, and it defined my childhood.

60433-ARA4OVH.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='outerheaven']I do agree with you on that but I just noticed this now that Mega Man broke his right foot or something. Why is it side ways? LOL Sorry just had to point it out.[/QUOTE]
Maybe Rob Liefeld drew it...

[quote name='Ronin317']Maybe Rob Liefeld drew it...[/QUOTE]
Nah. If that was the case, Mega Man's feet would either be a) really tiny or b) completely hidden by some foreground element. Also, he would be wearing tons of pouches around his waist.

[quote name='outerheaven']I do agree with you on that but I just noticed this now that Mega Man broke his right foot or something. Why is it side ways? LOL Sorry just had to point it out.[/QUOTE]

Looks like we found the mystery why megaman couldn't duck back in the day

bread's done
Back