Favorite pasta dish?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
There are so many great ones to choose from but my favorite at the moment has to be lasagna. Honorable mention to penne vodka, gnocci w/cream sauce and spaghetti & clams.

my favorite Italian restaurant has the dish called penne da vinci and it has shrimp, chicken and red wine in it *drools like Homer*... I wish I knew how to make it myself.

There's a little shithole Italian restaurant near me that makes amazing baked ziti. It's the most basic thing in the universe but I swear I dream about it if I don't get it at least once a week. Mmmm...

my faves are penne alla vodka, tortellini alfredo and farfalle fiorite(light olive oil sauce w/ vegetables).

Plum tomato/basil sauce is excellent also.

I really enjoy most basic pasta/sauce dishes.

Chicken picatta.

Farfalle pasta with ham, peas, and vodka or tomato cream sauce.

Penne vodka is delicious, too.

Just had some chicken parm last night.

I like the classics. Lasagna is my favorite. I'm not too adventurous with Italian cuisine. I don't want to order something I may not like.

Lasagna. Simple and basic but with the right ingredients it can be amazing. Any stuffed pasta I love as well. Spinach Tortellini gets honorable mention.

Shrimp Linguini Alfredo

shrimplinguinialfredodiie6.jpg

those frozen ones,, i think they are called bertollis or something..

they make a shrimp penne sundried tomato alfredo sauce.. with asparagus.. best in the world..

Tie between manicotti, chicken parmesan and my mother's recipe. I don't know what it's called, and I can't find a recipe that matches it. Angel hair, sausage, chicken, tomatoes, splash of white wine, lots of herbs, and I usually top it with fresh parmesan.

While not strictly pasta dishes, I'm a fan of zuppa di pesce (what can I say, I'm Sicilian) fra diavolo style, and Chicken Marsala. mmm

Too much variation to decide.

For dry stuff maybe St.John's Eve style with fresh mushroom and walnuts or maybe just straight up spaghetti in skate sauce. I make spaghetti carbonara or just spaghetti tossed with whatever kind of light sauce I can build with food in the fridge quite often.

When I'm willing to bust out the pasta crank it's a different story. Kerchiefs with pesto and balsamic zabaglione are quick and easy. My lasagne is a beast as well. Canneloni, potato candies in pink ragu, the list goes on and on. Even fresh fettucine in butter with a little parmesan to top it is good if I'm lazy.

WAY TOO MANY.
Penne with vodka sauce (with sweet italian sausage) is pretty amazing.
Lasagna will always win.
Baked Ziti, will always win.

Baked ziti or tortellini.

I'm half-Italian, and my mother would make a pasta dish like every other night when I was growing up. To this day I need to eat pasta at least 3 times a week. And while I'll never tell my wife, her gravy just doesn't hold a candle to my mother's...

A local restaurant has a dish called "Pesto Packin' Chicken Fettuchini" which is to die for.

Another one of my favorites is Shrimp Oreganata, which is oven-roasted shrimp in an oregano and garlic bread crumb crust. It's served with capellini pasta tossed in a fresh tomato-basil sauce. Absolutely delicious.

As far as quick and easy stuff, the 10 minute Bertolli pasta packages are really good, especially their spinach and chicken farfalle.

But a Caesar salad is a must before eating any pasta for a meal.

I make blackened chicken farfalle ala olio with a SHITLOAD Of garlic and crushed red pepper. It's my wife's favorite meal, and in my top 5 as well.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']For me it is Chicken Alfredo

Although Chicken Parm is also awesome if the chicken is done right.

And now I am hungry, fuckers :lol:...[/QUOTE]

I love you. I was coming back to this thread to mention Chicken Alfredo!!!! MMMM

Baked stuffed shells with ricotta and veal is the end all be all best italian dish. My grandfather of course is 100% italian and into italian cuisine, so I get blessed with it several times a year ;)

Yakisoba. I've only ever had the Maruchan microwaveable stuff, but it's really good. I like the teriyaki flavored version. I'll have to find a Japanese restauaraunt and try the real thing one day.

[quote name='joe2187']Chicken Fettucini alfredo, Garlic and Parmesean.[/quote]

:drool:

makes my arteries hard, but oh so damn good. :drool:

One pasta/pizza place I went to when I ordered it made it with Pennie Pasta, no Alfredo sauce and nothing but chicken bits that looked like they were mashed, pealed off of the bone. Never went back there again...

I don't care a lot for italian pasta, lasagna is ok sometimes. My favorite pasta though is lo-mein with beef and veggies.

bread's done
Back