Favorite T.V. Shows

Aerik

CAG Veteran
I know you all watch T.V. so yeah, what are your favorite T.V. shows?

Mine are:

Comedy:
(Silly little shows that seem to just stay funny no matter how old.)
-Arrested Development
-Simpsons (old)
-The War at Home
-Futurama
-Married With Children
-And a few more

Music:
(Only one show really, since it shows live performances and stuff.)
-CD USA

Old:
(Grew up watching these, they bring back a lotta memories.)
-I Love Lucy
-M*A*S*H*

For sitcoms, Scrubs is my favorite. I also love watching Seinfeld and Simpsons.

I also like crime stuff like CSI, Criminal Minds and Law and Order.

Justice League Unlimited
Teen Titans
Boondocks
Family Guy
American Dad
Drawn Together
Numb3rs
Supernatural
How I Met Your Mother
Lost
Everybody Hates Chris
Bullshit!
Kitchen Confidential (although it got cancelled after 3 episodes)

South park
Family guy
Monday night raw and smackdown
Daily show with Jon stewart.
The simpsons
Good eats
Mythbusters
Penn and teller bullshit
The sopranos
Made in America
American dad
Reno 911
Married with children
Dirty jobs
The soup
My name is earl
Distraction
Masters of Horror
Survivorman
Iron chef america

I pulled this list of my DVR. thats what its set to record. There in no particular order.

I love TV but I'll only list my current faves - all time would take up too much bandwidth.

Simpsons
The Office
Scrubs
My Name Is Earl
CSI (any)
Bones
Survivor
Lost
Invasion
2.5 Men
How I Met Your Mother

Chappelle's Show
The Daily Show
The Office
My Name is Earl
South Park
Family Guy
The War at Home
Arrested Development
Everybody Hates Chris

If you include NBA and NFL games then those are included as well. Something about TV drama/action shows that I can't really get into.

I rarely watch TV anymore, so I only have a few:

Rocko's Modern Life
MXC
Drawn Together (It's usually meh, though..)
Chris Tidus(Titus?) when he's on Comedy Central.

Family Guy
Naruto
Forensic Files
American Dad
The Simpsons
David Chappelle show
Drawn Together
FMA
Seinfeild
South Park
The Parkers
Girlfriends
City Confidential

Manimal :p

The Powers of Matthew Star :p

The Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew Mysteries :p

Automan :O

Tales from the Darkside.... :)

..what can I say...I'm on a vintage TV "not on DVD Legally" kick lately....

Firefly
The Office
My Name is Earl
Chappelle's Show
Family guy
Viva La Bam
George Lopez
Naruto
Seinfeld
South Park
King of Queens
That 70's Show
MXC
Joey
The Simpsons (old seasons new ones are horrible)

Thats all I can think of for now.

Lost
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
NWA: TNA

And I sometimes watch Adult Swim when Samurai Champloo, FMA or Ghost in the Shell: SAC are on.

3rd rock from the sun
Addams Family
Alf
Arrested Development
Boston Public (first 2 or 3 seasons, lost interest when morality became a focus and jesus showed up)
Corner Gas
Dinosaurs
Family Dog
Futurama
Green Acres
Greg the Bunny
Grounded for Life
I love lucy
In Living Color
Lexx
Married with Children
Mister Ed
Munsters
Newsradio
Punky Brewster (50/50, the ones revolving around her and henry I really like, the ones revolving around her friends are too childish)
Royal Canadian Air Farce
Rude Awakening (showtime series, unrelated to the movie)
Simpsons
Titus

Limiting this to shows that are still on TV. (Either currently on now, or a new season is coming.) My top couple are:

The Shield
er
30 Days (I think that's the title of Spurlock's show)
Mythbusters
Lost
NUMB3RS
The Office
Amazing Race

UPDATE - Forgot about The Office. Love that show. It's in a brutal time slot. I usually end up watching Lost, Tivoing Criminal Minds, and taping Office. I'd love to give Veronica Mars a shot, but it's just not happening until it gets into a slot where I only watch 1 other thing.

Also forgot about Amazing Race. (Noticing these from other lists.) The family version was lame (not enough globe trotting), but I have faith the next season will go back to what works.

Scrubs
Lost
Freddy
CSI (Las Vegas)
Nip/Tuck (waiting for next season)
Arrested Development (DONE)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Sopranos
Family Guy

[quote name='wubb']Limiting this to shows that are still on TV. (Either currently on now, or a new season is coming.) My top couple are:

The Shield
er
30 Days (I think that's the title of Spurlock's show)
Mythbusters
Lost
NUMB3RS
The Office
Amazing Race

[/quote]

Is "30 Days" coming back? We were just talking about that show last night.

[quote name='wubb']I'd love to give Veronica Mars a shot, but it's just not happening until it gets into a slot where I only watch 1 other thing.[/quote]

I'm right there with you. Is season 1 available on DVD? I keep hearing that it's an excellent show and has a similar comedic tone like Buffy which is my all-time favorite show. I should make time for it but I feel like it's a little late to jump on board.

[quote name='wubb']Also forgot about Amazing Race. (Noticing these from other lists.) The family version was lame (not enough globe trotting), but I have faith the next season will go back to what works.[/quote]

The family version was god-awful and I'm done with this show forever. I watched 2 full seasons and I just don't get the appeal. The "race" is fundamentally broken in several key areas - the three biggest are (1) the fact that three separate times people who come in last do not go home, (2) the non-elimination leg losers are NEVER hindered by having their money and crap taken and (3) every single week the leaders arrive at a destination that doesn't open for 8 hours or whatever and everyone catches up. It's just too flawed for me to get excited about.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm right there with you. Is season 1 available on DVD? I keep hearing that it's an excellent show and has a similar comedic tone like Buffy which is my all-time favorite show. I should make time for it but I feel like it's a little late to jump on board..[/QUOTE]

Yes it is and I highly recommend it if you liked Buffy. It is a great show to watch on DVD because they have some cliffhanger ending to episodes sometimes

And to answer the OP there are a ton of shows I like but I will only bring up one since it hasn't been included here.
Rescue Me which is a total ballsy show that has some of the best dialogue on TV period

[quote name='javeryh'] the three biggest [flaws] are (1) the fact that three separate times people who come in last do not go home, (2) the non-elimination leg losers are NEVER hindered by having their money and crap taken and (3) every single week the leaders arrive at a destination that doesn't open for 8 hours or whatever and everyone catches up. It's just too flawed for me to get excited about.[/QUOTE]

1 and 2 don't bother me that badly for some reason. In fact I think the first season they said 'will be eliminated' vs. 'may be eliminated' and tipped their hand as to whether it was an elimination leg or not. (But don't hold me to that.) Now they always say 'may be eliminated' and I tend to obnoxiously/loudly point out, 'Aha, see no one is going home because Phil said MAY be eliminated!' Which annoys whoever I'm watching it with (usually my gf.) And this amuses me.

I'm with you on #3, but it also makes some of the better scenes with people pulling ass moves trying to cut in line, or someone screwing up by not pulling a number, etc.

jlarlee - Interesting you said that as the dialogue was the reason I flipped off Rescue Me in the first 5 minutes or so of Season 2. I decided to give it a shot, but a couple lame jokes at the beginning killed it for me. I tend to already watch way too much TV so I can have a short fuse for writing off something new.

- Alias
- Lost
- Gilmore Girls
- MythBusters
- Penn & Teller's Bullshit!
- Dirty Jobs
- The Adventures of Pete & Pete
- Beetlejuice, the animated series
- Masters of the Universe
- Sanford & Son
- Taxi

I watch a lot of Discover Channel and A&E when I'm at work, too.

I wish there was somewhere I could watch old episodes of Reading Rainbow, too.

[quote name='wubb']I'm with you on #3, but it also makes some of the better scenes with people pulling ass moves trying to cut in line, or someone screwing up by not pulling a number, etc.[/quote]

I can't get past it. I think the only thing they can do to get me interested would be to have a race with 16 pairs or whatever - eliminating one each week but the twist would be to have 8 or so different paths that each team can take (without a choice) that all lead to the final destination.

This way, people would be racing without knowing how far ahead or behind they really are and no one would feel like waiting around for something to open was OK because they wouldn't know what the other teams were doing at that time. You could also have one path lead to a 5 hour wait for something to open and another path lead to something that can quickly be done in 4 hours but might take 6 if you are slow (so that team would not have to wait around). There are so many possibilities it leads me to believe that whoever is in charge of the show isn't thinking too hard about how to make it better.

[quote name='FrankySox']The Sopranos, do you really need anything else?[/quote]

Wait, is that show still on the air?

[quote name='javeryh']I can't get past it. I think the only thing they can do to get me interested would be to have a race with 16 pairs or whatever - eliminating one each week but the twist would be to have 8 or so different paths that each team can take (without a choice) that all lead to the final destination.

This way, people would be racing without knowing how far ahead or behind they really are and no one would feel like waiting around for something to open was OK because they wouldn't know what the other teams were doing at that time. You could also have one path lead to a 5 hour wait for something to open and another path lead to something that can quickly be done in 4 hours but might take 6 if you are slow (so that team would not have to wait around). There are so many possibilities it leads me to believe that whoever is in charge of the show isn't thinking too hard about how to make it better.[/QUOTE]

No doubt it can be a drag. I think any fan knows that if someone has a 3+ hour lead at the beginning of a leg there is a 100% chance that it will be killed by the teams all waiting for a task to open in the morning. This happens every leg, not just a few times a season.

I think the producers run it that way to increase the likelihood for mad dashes to the finish line each leg. In real competitions where a racer could actually build a lead and increase it from leg to leg, you could end up with a team so far ahead that they virtually have the win locked up with several shows left to go. (As happens in the Tour de France some years for example.)

[quote name='javeryh']Wait, is that show still on the air?[/QUOTE]
Comes back on March 12, I'm pretty sure you were trying to be a smart ass about it though. Also I'd rather watch the boxsets over and over than watch anything else on tv. If you got a problem with that I can beat you down in DOA.

[quote name='FrankySox']Comes back on March 12, I'm pretty sure you were trying to be a smart ass about it though. Also I'd rather watch the boxsets over and over than watch anything else on tv. If you got a problem with that I can beat you down in DOA.[/quote]

yeah, I was being a smart ass. I love The Sopranos but damn it's been a while. I hope I can pick it up when it starts again...

Arrested Development
Battlestar Galactica
The Office (US and UK)
Scrubs
Futurama
Deep Space Nine
South Park
Firefly
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
Reno 911
Batman the Animated Series
Beast Wars
The Price is Right
Stella
The Simpsons (old episodes)
Family Guy (old episodes)

[quote name='1modernboy']How I Met Your Mother[/quote]

Did you see it last night? Holy crap that was funny. What a great show - too bad about the Monday at 8:30 timeslot though. If this was on NBC it would air on Thursday nights no doubt and would make a worthy replacement to Friends.

shows that are still on tv

alias
office
how i met your mother
2 1/2 men
the closer
lost
battlestar galatica
smallville
oc

hbo and fx series in rotation

rome