Favorite video game peripheral ever?

DrMunkee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
My award would have to go to the "Guncon 2".

Its smaller design and overall better feel made me choose it over the original Guncon. ( Not to mention the "large"ish library of lightgun games on the PS2 to use it with ). I actually ended up with two of these bastards just so I could go through the games with friends.

Id have to say the Steel Battalion controller. It was just awesome the way you had to boot up and had so many little details you can do with it such as using a small auxillary arm, dialing in a specific ally, dropping empty gas tanks, activating the windshield wipers, etc,etc.

Of course all those things could have been programmed to be used with a regular controller.

I only wished they would have made a proper sequel or two.

Couldn't say what peripheral I've had the most fun with, but the one that brings back the fondest memories is this old fightstick I had for SNES which I actually used mostly for RPGs. It had a turbo function so I would always use it to do the Lette River trick in FFIII (VI) where you go in circles and reach the highest level after a while. I wish I still had that old thing.

[quote name='twicwborn']Id have to say the Steel Battalion controller. It was just awesome the way you had to boot up and had so many little details you can do with it such as using a small auxillary arm, dialing in a specific ally, dropping empty gas tanks, activating the windshield wipers, etc,etc.

Of course all those things could have been programmed to be used with a regular controller.

I only wished they would have made a proper sequel or two.[/QUOTE]

bingo. Paid full price and got my money's worth out of it

I love my old Nintendo Advantage. I used it even after it got cracked up until it stopped working all together.
a_nes-advantage.jpg

I almost always used that instead of the old NES pad.

Probably my Guitar Hero Xplorer Guitar.

I also got a lot of use out of my old Red Octane DDR mat. And if yo would ask me the same question 15-20 years ago I'd say the NES Game Genie.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='YoshiFan1']Cobalt Flux DDR pad[/QUOTE]

I bought one of these many years ago and actually prefered my Red Octane soft mat. I guess I got too used to it.

If it counts, Game Boy Player.

Almost every Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance game playable on my TV screen? fuck yeah!

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']

I had more fun with the gun by itself than with the game.[/QUOTE]

Game? I assume you mean Super Scope 6. There were a handful of games for the Super Scope. You're missing out. Try finding Battle Clash and Metal Combat.

But it is an awesome peripheral :) So is the similar Menacer, but I found the Menacer to be horribly inaccurate.

Not a classic peripheral, but my favorite is the Guncon 3. It is the way light gun FPSes should be played, and only one game will probably ever do it right.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']^ Though I don't have as many Game Boy games as I would like, it's a damn good peripheral.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I unfortunately have less GB games than I'd like to have (over the years, my Mario and Kirby games all got sold off without me knowing). But even then, being able to play all of that on the big screen feels great.

Just a shame there's no Super Game Boy borders or colors for GB titles.

[quote name='Tsukento']If it counts, Game Boy Player.

Almost every Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance game playable on my TV screen? fuck yeah![/QUOTE]

This or the Rumble Pak.

[quote name='jcook793']This is me wearing my favorite video game peripheral ever.
[/QUOTE]

I have one of those. Never used it. Gotta go sell it on eBay for $$$$$$$.

Hori digital controller for GameCube.

It's the perfect companion to the Gameboy Player, and even some Virtual Console stuff. Plus it's the only thing that makes the Wii version of Metal Slug Anthology tolerable.

I forget the name if this, I have it upstairs but I am lazy.

For the PS1 I have a one handed controller, it was for playing RPG's, everything you need in one hand. It was so perfect for my obsession with Vandal Hearts. Love that controlller.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I love my old Nintendo Advantage. I used it even after it got cracked up until it stopped working all together.
a_nes-advantage.jpg

I almost always used that instead of the old NES pad.[/QUOTE]
I agree. This was a great controller back in the day.

Rock N' Roller or whatever it was called. For the SNES I think it was for. It looked just like a gym ball with a plastic saucer around it, kinda like those toys they had in the 90s that you bounce on. You leaned and moved and it tried to do the same. It was a POS but it was somewhat fun for a few hours.

[quote name='ToadallyAwesome']Nothin' fancy here but I LOVED my ASCII SNES Turbo Controller.

http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/snes/peripherals/images/ascii_pad.jpg[/QUOTE]

That is the controller I use on my SNES. I bought one back when they first came out and used it until it stopped working. A few years ago, I found one in a bin at GameStop for a couple of bucks and picked it up as a replacement.

I loved the fact that you had individual switches for TURBO and HOLD for every button.

bread's done
Back